faisal

1,500 RPM
Oct 20, 2004
The Valley
ignition.my
Here's Practice report.

http://ignition.my/2010/06/09/s1k-practice-and-qualifying/

race report to follow.

---------- Post added at 09:06 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 04:48 PM ----------

Bro faisal..just want to know from ur experiance, in the same catagory which car is higher potential in the race within ur celica, DC2s and GTi/Putra? ** If the driver skill in same standard.**

Im really interesting on track but still await the opportunity to join the track day...

hope that can learn something with u lah...cheers..
Eric,
it's my first year with the HPC Celica, so I can only tell you wat we did to improve on the car since it's been in MME2008 and S1k 2009.

The power and ratios of the Celica is more or less spot on, however the suspension was not properly developed for racing before. As u can see on my ignition.my blog we spent time and money improving that.

As comparison to a DC2 or Putra GTi, I would say the celica has potential. What it lacked was racing developement in Malaysia. Many folks have been running DC2s and Putra GTis since 1999 so most of the race tuning secrets have been extracted.

By contrast, with the celica, my Chassis consultant and my team had to start from scratch this year for the suspension. We only decided the right spring rates etc 2 weeks before the race. About 12 springs were bought, and tested untill we managed to optimise the set up. personally I feel there is another second or 2 a lap we can cut down by further developing the suspension.

Regarding your interest in going trackdays why don't you join our HPC trackdays. Next one is in July 25th. register here http://hpcmotorsports.com/registration_HPC0017.html

Barbarian

500 RPM
Nov 10, 2004
KL
www.myjsoc.com
why not use the superstrut suspension??? it's much more superior.... parts are expensive though.....

ericgtmythos

Known Member
Jan 6, 2010
Kedah
Bro Faisal, thanks for your infomation. Really have a lot of preparation & invest time /money to set up a race team. :proud: cheers..with your team!! Gambate!!

For the track day u advice to join on 25th is Sunday, good for our plan, let me discuss with my frend & get back to you, than the fees confirm RM280 only? Normal without discount RM300 right?

zeus83

500 RPM
Oct 29, 2006
KL-Damansara
bro eric, organize a track day for us! im sure many will wanna go....

faisal

1,500 RPM
Oct 20, 2004
The Valley
ignition.my
eric,

yes HPC TrackDay is only RM280. And you'll be put in groups. 1 2 or 3 depending on your track experience. And each groups would have a limited numbers of cars 30 in group 1, 50 cars in Gr2 & 3.

Unlike open trackday where u pay RM300 and have a traffic jam coz there was too many cars

ericgtmythos

Known Member
Jan 6, 2010
Kedah
bro eric, organize a track day for us! im sure many will wanna go....
Ha ha ...Zeus...I also asking Bro Faisal how to enjoy for trackday, I still not yet go before, if u all iterested maybe we can join together to go. see Bro Faisal attach HPC web for trackday register on 25th July (Sunday) RM280 only........so how?:smokin:

---------- Post added at 08:14 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:07 PM ----------

eric,

yes HPC TrackDay is only RM280. And you'll be put in groups. 1 2 or 3 depending on your track experience. And each groups would have a limited numbers of cars 30 in group 1, 50 cars in Gr2 & 3.

Unlike open trackday where u pay RM300 and have a traffic jam coz there was too many cars
Yup Bro Faisal, agree with u cos I hear about those have experiance like traffic jam due to too much of car....:hmmmm: beside that for group 1 suit for novice who less track experiance also good for me..1st time right...haha:biggrin:

danielwan

Known Member
Nov 12, 2006
love your ignition.my blog Faisal~! Keep it up! All the best in the next race :P

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Guys,
Anyone knows where to buy check valve? also known as 1 way valve?? for air..
Also, where can i get copper piping?? around 10mm diameter
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience