Car modifications - the dummies guide! Part #3

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Ah Guan taikor tai, yes I know. But that's why I said "generally" and "common types". Billet Alu pistons are not for the feint hearted la. Forged and cast steel are more durable mah

khguan

4,000 RPM
Aug 17, 2004
Seri Kembangan
fotopic.net
well... in our local scene, billet custom pistons are more favourable as the price is much much cheaper than custom forged pistons.

me not taiko... I sinkalan only...

Dino@Casper

May 13, 2005
P.J
If you are willing to pump Ron97 using a thinner gasket or skimming the head slightly to get a higher compression ratio with the proper ignition and fueling you could get more ponies!! but I think this is slightly more extreme and time consuming to ensure the job is done right.

mizunori77

1,000 RPM
Dec 13, 2006
nice writeup bro :wavey:

btw, maybe you can also add in some pics of spark plugs (lean and rich) as a reference?

some car owners take the words of their mechanics for absolute truth because they dunno where and how to check for over rich/lean fueling.

and since we're on fueling, you might wanna add in the effectiveness of fuel cleaner additives as some may have questions on that too :wavey:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
nice writeup bro :wavey:

btw, maybe you can also add in some pics of spark plugs (lean and rich) as a reference?

some car owners take the words of their mechanics for absolute truth because they dunno where and how to check for over rich/lean fueling.

and since we're on fueling, you might wanna add in the effectiveness of fuel cleaner additives as some may have questions on that too :wavey:
Spark plug checking eh? Ok. I'll write something up on that later. Thanks for the idea! :biggrin:

As for fuel cleaners and additives, that'll be in one of my "Mythbuster" discussions later.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Guys,i got 1 spare strobe light bulb laying on the table. Its the Type R stobe light bulb. I wanna ask whether i can wire the bulb directly to battery with a switch and not connect it to the module? It has 3 wire red/white/black.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience