Buying exact price for petrol

ayen_s

Jan 21, 2010
Kuala Lumpur

Have you wonder how to pump in exact amount of petrol if you are paying by credit/debit card. I sometime try to play with the fuel nozzle but can never get exact amount. Below what i learn how to do it after messing around with the panel.

1. Insert your customer loyalty card in slot (A)
2. Take out your customer loyalty card once prompt by display.
3. Insert your credit/debit card in slot (A)
4. Take out your credit/debit card once prompt by display.
5. Wait for the confirmation to start fill up fuel displayed on the screen, DO NOT pick up the nozzle yet.
6. Press the preset at (B). You can choose RM10,RM20,RM30, RM40 or RM50.
7. Pick up the nozzle and start filling your car. You can lock the nozzle lever and let your hand free to do other things. (clean windshield, take out rubbish,etc). Use common sense. Do not leave your car unattended. The pump will stop pumping at value you select in step 6.

Background story. This what happen when you're paying fuel by credit/debit card at fuel pump kiosk.
a) Once you insert your credit card in step 3, the machine will check your credit/debit card. If you have enough balance, it will charge you RM150.00-RM200.00 as pre paid.
b) Once you finish pumping fuel, the machine will return the excess amount to your credit/debit card. Example: If machine charge you RM200.00 in step 3, it will return back RM150.00 if you fill in RM50.00 in step 6.
I can see this transaction in my Maybank2u onlne statement. I'm not sure about other bank.

Note:
Above step mostly work with Shell fuel pump. Other brand fuel station will require slightly different steps. I leave it to you all to try it out.

Wilson13B

Known Member
Dec 15, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
When i use My HLB debit card to pump petrol,it deducted 200bucks for each use on fuel station,it will return 1-3 weeks to the account ~

But u say once u use debit card at the fuel pump there,it will deduct 200 and if u pump 50 it will return 150 to the bank acc immediately right?

ayen_s

Jan 21, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
for debit card better go inside & swipe...not at the machine at the pump....
cashier wont bother to layan. they will ask you to use the machine. also why do you need to walk into the shop if you can do you business at the pump itself.

---------- Post added at 04:53 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 04:51 PM ----------

When i use My HLB debit card to pump petrol,it deducted 200bucks for each use on fuel station,it will return 1-3 weeks to the account ~

But u say once u use debit card at the fuel pump there,it will deduct 200 and if u pump 50 it will return 150 to the bank acc immediately right?
not immidiately. some transaction will take 1-2 days.

---------- Post added at 04:57 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 04:53 PM ----------

Bro, the RM200.00 charge is applicable to debit card only if I not mistaken.
Not for credit card.
anybody working at credit company to confirm?

mag9556

2,000 RPM
Jul 11, 2006
this is normal, every bank also the same that they will verified as RM 200 and 1 day max at RM 600 and return back the credit after 3 working days (take note 3 working days, friday evening pump, return back the credit at Wednesday)
my friend CC always pump his 2 lorry (container type) at RM 300 per tank, so.. have to swipe 3 times and pump 2 times

DLegend

Official Contributor
Feb 16, 2004
Penang
jayjaynyc.blogspot.com
my Petronas CIMB credit card charge RM300 everytime I swap, even if charge only RM50 for petrol.... it will reset only once a week. Was told by the customer service for the credit card.

AD_EG

6,000 RPM
Apr 5, 2009
Ipoh
cc also they charge bro..they deduct rm200 on hold/pending...

sweelt

2,000 RPM
Nov 6, 2016
Penang
the myths of pump petrol by litre is different than pump by rm30/50/60. Anyone heard about it, is it true ??

sweelt

2,000 RPM
Nov 6, 2016
Penang
go counter. pump petrol by saying 30 ringit and so on will get less in tank compare to say i want 20liter ?
don shoot me ok. just need confirmation.:listen: later my face turn green....lol
pump direct using credit/debit card, no problem.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
go counter. pump petrol by saying 30 ringit and so on will get less in tank compare to say i want 20liter ?
don shoot me ok. just need confirmation.:listen: later my face turn green....lol
pump direct using credit/debit card, no problem.
Should not be, as it is direct conversion from whatever price per liter

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Dear all sifu,

I had used a machine to polished my black car, but end up when under the sun i saw alot of swirl and it disaster. anything can help to restore back in lower budget type instead of sending to detailing shop
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience