Beware Of Fake "Made In Japan" Sport Rim !!!

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
Why in "Made in Kepong"? I guess it will cost lesser than "Made in Malaysia"... :rofl::rofl:

Bump: Why in "Made in Kepong"? I guess it will cost lesser than "Made in Malaysia"... :rofl::rofl:
Hakf the price of 'MADE IN MALAYSIA' 5 years more...'MADE IN KAMPUNG':biggrin::biggrin:

Wanggot

May 22, 2006
Jay Bee
Dats why original 2piece and 3piece rims are still highly demanded... They say dat taiwanese cant make the detachable 2piece/3piece rims. Well for me VR GRN, VR CV-Pro, Enkei RS Evo, BR Banana 2pc, are still among my favorite rims. Cheers

Last edited:

badturz

500 RPM
Feb 19, 2008
need sometimes to develop 2-3 piece rims.. haha.. coming soon ..

Bump: need sometimes to develop 2-3 piece rims.. haha.. coming soon ..

EvolutionZ

5,000 RPM
Helmet Clan
Aug 3, 2007
easily crack la...my friend's advan replica broke coz he hit a potholes in town....now very sad...coz new rims, he bought it for rm1500.00.......

race_parts

500 RPM
Apr 28, 2009
blogspot.com
In fact we feel the pinch too. FYI we import our used rims and parts from Japan directly.

Just another word of advice is that original Japanese rims usually has a sticker on it and most importantly is the fininishing and the material used in forging. Most imitation rims are die-casted instead.

To differentiate the ori and fake Japan rims is to drop by our place to view the original rim and then back to the tyre shop and view the 'Made in Japan ' rims.....

FYI, not all Japanese rim are necessary made in japan, FYI EVO REGA MASTER is made in Russia .

Just my 2 cents worth
www.racepartsonline.blogspot.com

Bump: In fact we feel the pinch too. FYI we import our used rims and parts from Japan directly.

Just another word of advice is that original Japanese rims usually has a sticker on it and most importantly is the fininishing and the material used in forging. Most imitation rims are die-casted instead.

To differentiate the ori and fake Japan rims is to drop by our place to view the original rim and then back to the tyre shop and view the 'Made in Japan ' rims.....

FYI, not all Japanese rim are necessary made in japan, FYI EVO REGA MASTER is made in Russia .

Just my 2 cents worth

badturz

500 RPM
Feb 19, 2008
ohh. good info btw.. but nowadays fake and original almost the same.. very hard to differentiate..

EvolutionZ

5,000 RPM
Helmet Clan
Aug 3, 2007
actually u can see from the workmanship and the stickers...
very fake one la....

sure can differentiate.....coz some the wording of the stickers very funny one....

race_parts

500 RPM
Apr 28, 2009
blogspot.com
Ok...just my another few cents worth on how to spot a fake Advan RG .

Pics below are pics from an original RG Advan from our shop.

1) Look at the paint. Hard to explain..but you can easily differentiate the ori and the fakes...
2) Look at the the print of the wordings . The fakes uses a very low quality stickers that can be easily peel off
3) The ori rim, if you look under light, the side isnt painted , but has a finishing which is like anodized finishing
4) Also it has a sticker from JAWA ( Like JASMA )
5) The price tells it all
6) Ori ones are light where fakes are heavy !!!!!!!!

just my humble 2 cents worth of advice here

Alan

Attachments

Wanggot

May 22, 2006
Jay Bee
Known some sifus who r expert in this kinda things.. They can easily differentiate by looking at the rims...
They dont even have to touch or 'ketuk' wif 10cent coin to identify if its fake @ genuine...

Last edited:

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
Actually, it's not good for the market of those selling original. Like what race parts said. Kesian them also.

ExODus

Known Member
May 14, 2006
I heard that the 99.99% Advan RG also have those JAWA stickers... but never seen it personally... anyone can confirm it? :rolleyes:

Bump: I heard that the 99.99% Advan RG also have those JAWA stickers... but never seen it personally... anyone can confirm it? :rolleyes:

race_parts

500 RPM
Apr 28, 2009
blogspot.com
Most of the imported Jap rims have this sticker. JAWA is like JASMA , its Japan auto wheels association...........

But also the process makes a diff in a fake RG. A fake RG or maybe i should say, most of the Taiwanese rims are die-casted, where it means melted molten of aluminium & alloys are casted in a mold. Wherelse higher quality rims are forged, from a single solid piece of aluminium alloy to its shape. The structure internally are much more stronger. Also the alloying element in a more expensive rim like magnesium , plays an important part in its rigidity and toughness and strength of the alu-alloy materials

badturz

500 RPM
Feb 19, 2008
if got fake haltech and same use and function i also want 1.. hahaha

Bump: if got fake haltech and same use and function i also want 1.. hahaha

Bump: if got fake haltech and same use and function i also want 1.. hahaha

Wanggot

May 22, 2006
Jay Bee
Most of the imported Jap rims have this sticker. JAWA is like JASMA , its Japan auto wheels association...........

But also the process makes a diff in a fake RG. A fake RG or maybe i should say, most of the Taiwanese rims are die-casted, where it means melted molten of aluminium & alloys are casted in a mold. Wherelse higher quality rims are forged, from a single solid piece of aluminium alloy to its shape. The structure internally are much more stronger. Also the alloying element in a more expensive rim like magnesium , plays an important part in its rigidity and toughness and strength of the alu-alloy materials
Its true... For easy comparison, just put on weight... Genuines are significantly more lighter..

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

My mom just recently purchased an Avanza and wanted to do V-kool tinting for it. My question is-

- Is v-kool the best tinting in Malaysia? Other suggestions?

- Where can I do it somewhere in Cheras/KL by authorised installers?

- How much will it cost to so full tinting?

Thanks for your feedbacks....
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience