All About Kembara/Terios (Need Info/Opinion)

darahhitam

2,000 RPM
Oct 4, 2004
KL
www.cardomain.com
All About Kembara/Terios (Need Info/Opinion)

Guys & Gals,
I have a friend wanting to buy a 2nd hand AUTO Kembara very soon. I have no clue whatsoever about Kembara on its spec, handling, reliability, fuel consumption, etc.

Maybe some of the owners/ex-owners could drop a line or two.

I know for sure that he's ain't going for the MYVi since the waiting time is nearly 8 months now?

He doesn't mod his car, and doesn't plan to, and obviously good fuel consumption is something that he's looking into.

This case, I doubt it is good. Feedback from my colleagues are : its quite thirsty, mainly being full-time 4WD, 1.3-litre Auto. He doesn't want the one with K3-VE DVVT, just the earlier 1.3 auto Kembara. Not so sure of its engine code. Does Daihatsu Terios run on the same engine? I bet QC, finishing is way ahead of Proton.

Would appreciate feedbacks, etc, or some other suggestions. Or maybe there are already Kembara Club discussion out there?

Current market Price:

Fuel consumption:

Reliability:

Abnormal Tear and Wear:

etc.

If it's me, it would be the 2nd hand A31 Cefiro/Corolla SEG/E33A/E39A Galant for that range or maybe wait for a spanking new MYVi.

Thanks in advance guys and gals!

wing

Known Member
Nov 28, 2003
Malaysia
Visit site
The older HCEJ engine Kembara is certainly a fuel guzzler. The fc is terrible. I don't think your friend would want it considering that he's looking at fc. The K3VE is much better in terms of fc and power. I get 14l/100km. The Terios run the same spec as the Kembara. Reliability is good. I go offroading and it's still intact with no rattling. Finishing is better than P1. There's more wear and tear of cos as there's more mechanical parts. It's a full time 4x4 afterall.

You may wish to get your friend to browse www.kembara.net.

Last edited:

darahhitam

2,000 RPM
Oct 4, 2004
KL
www.cardomain.com
Thanks man.

Forwarded some links from AW to him and will forward this too.

I know, the FC-thingy gonna make him think twice. HCEJ is the engine code, eh?

Appreciate the input.

Cheers.

darahhitam

2,000 RPM
Oct 4, 2004
KL
www.cardomain.com
Wing, I'll be scouting around used cars with him, probably this weekend.
Thanks for the advice.
I hope he'll register his name there @Kembara.net.

Anyone else care for an opinion or two?

darahhitam

2,000 RPM
Oct 4, 2004
KL
www.cardomain.com
Car found and bought.

Thanks all for the input.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Dear All,
Want to know if any of you knows of a workshop, mechanic or tired and tested way to strength gear transmission? The reason I am asking is that currently my car is NA and I willbe boosting it soon. I know the factory gears will not take 200whp reliably. I am calling on you guys for help. Thanks in advance.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience