Adjusting hydraulic clutch (4G92)

jebatdex

Known Member
Jun 19, 2011
Skudai, Johor
Hi all

I would like to ask as per title. Is it doable? Because lately I feel the gear sangkut2, giving 'krek2' sound when shifting gears (even though I have press the clutch pedal to the max), like something sangkut. I suggest maybe the clutch is not totally moved/shifted (or whatever suitable words) then when gear is shifting, it causes the sound.

I know if the clutch using cable, can be adjusted. How about hydraulic one? Can adjust or not? :confused:

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
lie down facing upward at the clutch paddle area and u will see adjustment screw....adjust accordingly.....

but first...try do clutch pump bleeding and check if there any leak at master and slave pump

jebatdex

Known Member
Jun 19, 2011
Skudai, Johor
lie down facing upward at the clutch paddle area and u will see adjustment screw....adjust accordingly.....

but first...try do clutch pump bleeding and check if there any leak at master and slave pump
If there is leaking, the level in the reservoir should reduce right? But it never reduced before.

---------- Post added at 04:43 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 04:38 PM ----------

have u change your MTF recently?
yup, about 3 months ago roughly (gearbox oil).

I noticed that the oil inside the reservoir (clutch oil) is quite dirty (black in colour). Then I asked the mechanic to remove all the oil and replace with new one. He just changed oil inside the reservoir but not pump everything out (there must me some more oil inside the line etc). He said, the pump already old, if pumping the oil out with the line while the reservoir is empty, can ruin/break the pump. Is it true?

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
yup, about 3 months ago roughly (gearbox oil).

I noticed that the oil inside the reservoir (clutch oil) is quite dirty (black in colour). Then I asked the mechanic to remove all the oil and replace with new one. He just changed oil inside the reservoir but not pump everything out (there must me some more oil inside the line etc). He said, the pump already old, if pumping the oil out with the line while the reservoir is empty, can ruin/break the pump. Is it true?
thats why need to do clutch pump bleeding again...

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya

The old fluid is dirty and thick and the pump might be worn. Once you change to new fluid it might sip thru' and leak. I kena before....:banghead:

---------- Post added at 06:12 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 06:06 PM ----------

I know if the clutch using cable, can be adjusted. How about hydraulic one? Can adjust or not? :confused:
As bro. pomen mentioned the adjustment is under your dash, just inside of your clutch pedal. There is a lock nut, loosen it then adjust accordingly then tighten lock nut back.
To check your clutch it must have a feel. Too much free play means to little to disengage the gear. Free play should not be more then half the total pedal travel.

One more thing, Are you getting the krek krek sound in all gears or only one of the gears?

jebatdex

Known Member
Jun 19, 2011
Skudai, Johor
The old fluid is dirty and thick and the pump might be worn. Once you change to new fluid it might sip thru' and leak. I kena before....:banghead:

---------- Post added at 06:12 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at
06:06 PM ----------

As bro. pomen mentioned the adjustment is under your dash, just inside of your clutch pedal. There is a lock nut, loosen it then adjust accordingly then tighten lock nut back.
To check your clutch it must have a feel. Too much free play means to little to disengage the gear. Free play should not be more then half the total pedal travel.

One more thing, Are you getting the krek krek sound in all gears or only one of the gears?
So better not to change the dirty oil la? Just change the oil inside reservoir? The mechanic said, just change the oil inside reservoir a few times, because eventually the oil inside the line will come into the reservoir. Change a few times and by this can remove the dirt/blackness.

Ok will try to adjust the nut. So, in my case I want to increase the gear disengagement when fully pressed (to reduce the krek2 sound), so I need to decrease the free play.

The sound/sangkut feeling mostly during gear 2 and 3. 4 and 5 are ok. Reverse gear also sometimes, change gear 1 time, cannot engage. Try few times also cannot. Need to release gear, release clutch, and press clutch again and then can engage reverse gear.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
So better not to change the dirty oil la? Just change the oil inside reservoir? The mechanic said, just change the oil inside reservoir a few times, because eventually the oil inside the line will come into the reservoir. Change a few times and by this can remove the dirt/blackness.

Ok will try to adjust the nut. So, in my case I want to increase the gear disengagement when fully pressed (to reduce the krek2 sound), so I need to decrease the free play.

The sound/sangkut feeling mostly during gear 2 and 3. 4 and 5 are ok. Reverse gear also sometimes, change gear 1 time, cannot engage. Try few times also cannot. Need to release gear, release clutch, and press clutch again and then can engage reverse gear.
Always better to do regular flush if dirty, means clean regularly, but if too long and already very dirty, sometimes just better leave it. Since happened to me so I would leave it and do it your mechanic way.....hahaha

Yup, more free play the disengagement part is less, so need to lessen the free play.

If krek sound in most gears and especially reverse usually is clutch too much free play, not enough disengagement. Why I ask is because if krek sound only for one of the gear, then it could be your synchromesh problem...