92 BMW 318i

Known Member
Nov 15, 2003
SABAH
www.irs-asia.com
Hi guys,

going to get a 318i soon, year 92 model. Just wanna get some opinions / suggestions from all the owners / sifus around, on let says, monthly maintenance cost, any major problems or issues which i should take care of.

thanks.:)

nizer

1,500 RPM
Jan 12, 2004
Klang
www.facebook.com
In case wanna to get 318i yr 95..rm 68k loan rm 66k mthly rm 836

Known Member
Nov 15, 2003
SABAH
www.irs-asia.com
wow, that's one nice looking bmw u have there. i found 1 yr 92 model, stock, 45k, loan up to 38k...now found another car, merz 300E, 50k...tip-top condition. now which car should i get...?:confused:

nizer

1,500 RPM
Jan 12, 2004
Klang
www.facebook.com
better go for bmw..lots of mod can be done compare to 300E

bazet

Known Member
Nov 17, 2003
Compare e36 4 cylinder 1.8 with W124 300E 6 cylinder ...ermmm I would go for Merc..unless you're buying E36 325

Well for wide options for modding, BMW offer more than Benzo

xtracooljustin

500 RPM
Sep 28, 2004
KL, PG & JB
xtracooljustin.multiply.com
bazet said:
Compare e36 4 cylinder 1.8 with W124 300E 6 cylinder ...ermmm I would go for Merc..unless you're buying E36 325

Well for wide options for modding, BMW offer more than Benzo
modding option might be more, but the torque n power of MB 300E is more than adequate to make up for lack of cosmetic upgrades! 218BHP babe!

but it boils down to also wat kind of image u wanna potray? u wanna potry as a hip and youthful guy? BMW lo...

or u wan an established n i-alredi-made-it-in-life image? Benz lo...

watever car u choose, both cars are good cars :)

Known Member
Nov 15, 2003
SABAH
www.irs-asia.com
thanks for all the advice, guys. really appreciate it. anyway, some of my friends told me that merz is more easier and cheaper to maintain compare to bmw, is that true?

besides, i came across this Merz E220 yesterday. any comment on this car, if compare with the 1992 BMW 318i and Merz 300E?

faeizal

500 RPM
Apr 21, 2004
Visit site
e36... very nice... but my wife's car damn sakit laa maintenance...
last week welded back the manifold... engine dah sakit...

now comtemplating rb25...

make sure u check everything!!!

xtracooljustin

500 RPM
Sep 28, 2004
KL, PG & JB
1298 said:
thanks for all the advice, guys. really appreciate it. anyway, some of my friends told me that merz is more easier and cheaper to maintain compare to bmw, is that true?

besides, i came across this Merz E220 yesterday. any comment on this car, if compare with the 1992 BMW 318i and Merz 300E?
my dad has owned both BMWs n Mercedes so i can honestly tell u that BMW maintainance is higher than Mercedes. Mercedes stuff just last so much longer... n not many things in Mercedes get spoilt.

Merc E220 is still a 4 cylinder engine... if u wan a proper n powerful engine to move the large E class, i suggest only a E280 or E300 (24V = 218BHP!)

i can also tell u the back space of the E36 is not very big... if ur carrying children only still ok la.. but if u ferry ur frens or in-laws, E class will be better

bazet

Known Member
Nov 17, 2003
BMW == banyak makan wang

This month , I've spent nearly 1.9k
- replace all discs
- replace all pads
- engine gasket replacement
- timing belt change ( 45,000km )
- new front tires
- engine service
- too many to list

Well, you get what you paid for it, Ultimate Driving Machine

ognam

Jun 23, 2005
Ampang
Hey guys... I'm a newbie. Just started getting seriously interested in car modding recently. In response to 1298, i just got myself an E36 318is '92 and it's a beauty!!! Just be prepared to have an extra savings account just to spend on the car. That's what i'm doing.. hehe.

crymson

Known Member
Nov 17, 2003
KL
Visit site
1298 .... if you want low maintenance and the thrill of driving a german machine go for the benz. There are some mods you can do but mostly they are cosmetics, sport rim, bodykit and interior. Engine mod wise, not much option. I have friends driving late 80s E classes and don't bring problems at all. Still in it's prestine condition, some lowered and some with nice AMG/Carlsson rims. But do remember that the 300 comes with a RM2000 road tax. Mercedes has the BEST turning radius among all cars.

BMW however is a pure driver's car, even though it is 10 or 20 year old. They don't call it ultimate driving machine for nothing. It does however come with high maintenance but if you apply some TLC, it will not give you much problem. When it's time to change some of the parts and it's regular oil change ... you better do it. You can find some reliable BMW mechanics around and some of the parts you can actually buy it your sell at some of the parts shop. Don't have to pay a bomb. :)

Last edited:

xtracooljustin

500 RPM
Sep 28, 2004
KL, PG & JB
crymson said:
1298 .... if you want low maintenance and the thrill of driving a german machine go for the benz. There are some mods you can do but mostly they are cosmetics, sport rim, bodykit and interior. Engine mod wise, not much option. I have friends driving late 80s E classes and don't bring problems at all. Still in it's prestine condition, some lowered and some with nice AMG/Carlsson rims. But do remember that the 300 comes with a RM2000 road tax. Mercedes has the BEST turning radius among all cars.

BMW however is a pure driver's car, even though it is 10 or 20 year old. They don't call it ultimate driving machine for nothing. It does however come with high maintenance but if you apply some TLC, it will not give you much problem. When it's time to change some of the parts and it's regular oil change ... you better do it. You can find some reliable BMW mechanics around and some of the parts you can actually buy it your sell at some of the parts shop. Don't have to pay a bomb. :)
well said there bro!

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Guys, please tell me how come my brake didn't bite on the way down hill from Genting. The bite only came back after half way down the hill. That was not the first time I got this experience. I encountered the same thing in different cars too. Was that because of the low air temperature?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience