Report: Lamborghini to introduce SUV and new V8 powered entry level model

keshy

500 RPM
Dec 12, 2007

According to reports, Lamborghini could be looking to walk down the same road as Porsche and a few other prominent automakers by adding new models in anticipation of expanding sales and exploring new markets.

American magazine, Car and Driver is claiming that Lamborghini will be adding two entirely new models to its existing lineup.

The first will be a new entry level model, powered by a V8 powerplant and will be positioned below the Gallardo. If you're thinking that it's the first time Lamborghini has moved down market, think again. Back in the 70s and 80s, Lamborghini had the Urraco to fill that market segment, followed by its successors, the Silhouette and the Jalpa that took on the likes of the Ferrari Dino 308 GT4 and the Maserati Merak.

The second model will be an SUV inspired by another existing Lamborghini, the LM002. Lamborghini's move into the SUV market will be made easier with it belonging to the VW Group whose parts inventory include platform's from the Porsche Cayenne and VW Touareg. Design wise though, expect the super sized Lambo to be completely different visually to its cousins.

Source: Car and Driver / WorldCarFans
Image: WCF artist rendering - 2006

Attachments

Last edited:

MDQ

Known Member
Jun 6, 2005
malaysia
look at the posh cayman 4x4.... screwed up design too still they produced it, and still many ppl purchased it...

fuselage

Over 10,000 RPM!
May 18, 2005
shah alam
look at the posh cayman 4x4.... screwed up design too still they produced it, and still many ppl purchased it...
who said posh cayenne screwed design....to me...its the best 4X4 design ever made...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Just got 1 bottle of Tufoil from Tesco to try it out wonder if it's genuine.

Are Tufoil attracted to magnetic force?
I'm probably going to add a strong magnet on my oil filter and if Tufoil is attracted to magnets, then it'll be wasteful if I do that.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience