muffox

Known Member
Jan 12, 2006
Hello guys..

Please help me to make a decision..

Which one better for my low budget?

1) Forceum 215/45/ZR17 XL 91W (made in Indonesia) = RM210

Traction type A

http://www.eptyres.com/detil_produc...l=cat_millenium.jpg&title_list=Forceum Series

2) Minerva Radial F105 215/45/R17 XL 91W (made in China) = RM190

Traction type A

http://www.blackcircles.com/tyres/brands/minerva

*(R) = XL ( Extra Load ) , W = not more than 270 km/j, ZR = more than 270 km/j

Also survey Hankook Venture V12 (215/45/17). Got RM250 at rawang. Hmmm..

madbul

Jun 9, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
I wonder why you said the otherwise. Heard and read numerous time that NCT-5 is crap.
Btw , any tire recommendation that's better than Continental Comfort Contact - 1 ?

I had brake lock up and skip with this CC1 when the brake pedal being press a ill harder.
Continental, reminds me of the bad days, so so in dry, scream informing you of it's limit before it lets go. But total lost crap in wet, no grip at all! I've numerous time lost traction & go dougnuts with the tire. No trust in Continental ever since....

Many tires to recommend, depends on your driving style, Toyo CT01 was good, from a test drive in my friends wagon...but i highly recommend TIR.
Been using 2 years for daily(spirited)drive, touge drive & occasionally some spirited rainy days, superior performance & handling, 130km/h at the apex and you can still gun the throttle corner exit with confidence! The bad point is side grooves consume fast & don't mind of course noisy with this level entry of tires....

I've used PP2, Ziex 912 and of course continental SIME TYRE:stupid:, none can compare to Toyo....
Tires are the only 4 patches connecting you to the road, please invest, what you pay is what you get....

FGT

500 RPM
May 19, 2007
Continental, reminds me of the bad days, so so in dry, scream informing you of it's limit before it lets go. But total lost crap in wet, no grip at all! I've numerous time lost traction & go dougnuts with the tire. No trust in Continental ever since....

Many tires to recommend, depends on your driving style, Toyo CT01 was good, from a test drive in my friends wagon...but i highly recommend TIR.
Been using 2 years for daily(spirited)drive, touge drive & occasionally some spirited rainy days, superior performance & handling, 130km/h at the apex and you can still gun the throttle corner exit with confidence! The bad point is side grooves consume fast & don't mind of course noisy with this level entry of tires....

I've used PP2, Ziex 912 and of course continental SIME TYRE:stupid:, none can compare to Toyo....
Tires are the only 4 patches connecting you to the road, please invest, what you pay is what you get....
Bro, do tyres like the Toyo T1R or Bridgestone RE or Advan Neova handle well in the wet? I've never used these tyres before and so i'm curious.. heh..

xtremeleo

3,000 RPM
Oct 18, 2005
I wonder why you said the otherwise. Heard and read numerous time that NCT-5 is crap.
Btw , any tire recommendation that's better than Continental Comfort Contact - 1 ?

I had brake lock up and skip with this CC1 when the brake pedal being press a ill harder.
ive been using goodyear tyres for quite sum years sir, NCT5 is an eagle series so it performs well imo. the NCT5 isnt a crap tyre imo, or else i cant run my charade 140 up while it was raining, although not heavy but it was raining. the way i see it, from the pix posted by users and all, they may have been filling less then sufficient air into the tyres. there are only few ways dat a tyre may wear like in sum pix and one of them are less then sufficient tyre pressure. u see, these goodyears have soft tyre wall, and u can either fill pressure within the oem requirement or u can go higher and still be softer then the other tyre makes. when u fill in less pressure, the tyre may be deflated by itself because the tyre isnt sealing well between it and the rim. a fully deflated tyre, if driven a long distance, may show torn wear like those in the pix posted through out the net.

fyi, ive tried a lot brands out there dat u can imagine, and concluded dat if taken performance and price, nuthing beats a goodyear. we even did a run to melaka from kl, in the wet and arrived at the ayer keroh toll in 40 minutes, 200kmh in the wet on goodyear eagle F1 rubber. i managed to get to batu berendam airport in an hour, so dat wud show u sumthing about the performance a goodyear tyre has.

---------- Post added at 02:38 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 02:32 PM ----------

I think the noisiest of all is Goodyear Eagle NCT5....
Have been using it to my Viva (14inch) for a year and now I aready developed hearing problems.....
have u checked the tyre bearings sir? iam not saying its not the tyre, but all the goodyears ive used so far (both mine and friends' cars) is not noisy at all, dat includes the NCT5. when i address dis issue to a goodyear's tyre care owner (he is a close person wit goodyear from what ive heard), he was the one dat suggested to check the bearings and yet still admit dat the tyres themselves may be noisy.

i have yet to check all my bearings, because all of my car are running on goodyears and they arent noisy at all sir

gibod_78

1,500 RPM
Jan 15, 2004
Visit site
would welcome comment on Goodyear F1 GSD 3 here.. good comments in the web after testing. strong threadwear at 280. whats the price ?

tq :)

xtremeleo

3,000 RPM
Oct 18, 2005
i havent head of dat tyre sir, wud luv if u can post sum info about it here, tq

Wanggot

May 22, 2006
Jay Bee
have u checked the tyre bearings sir? iam not saying its not the tyre, but all the goodyears ive used so far (both mine and friends' cars) is not noisy at all, dat includes the NCT5. when i address dis issue to a goodyear's tyre care owner (he is a close person wit goodyear from what ive heard), he was the one dat suggested to check the bearings and yet still admit dat the tyres themselves may be noisy.

i have yet to check all my bearings, because all of my car are running on goodyears and they arent noisy at all sir
I doubt it came from my bearings since my car aged less than 2 years and never undergone any suspension mods. Actually I liked using the NCT5, eventhough it is noisy but the compund rubber is soft and the comford riding is there aredi.

xtremeleo

3,000 RPM
Oct 18, 2005
sumtimes assembly from the factory isnt spot on sir, those can also be a reason for the noise. my 20years old charade is quiet jer using goodyears sir, imo urs should be too

K_Takuya

Moderate Moderator
Helmet Clan
Sep 1, 2005
Limau bali,Ipoh
currently im using barum bravuris 195/50/15. Good threadwear n also good in wet n dry.., i like the hard sidewalls,good at corner. but after 3 years it need change...

any suggestion should i stick with this model or something similar (and the price please) ?

Thanks
Updates..

Now im on my 2nd set of this tyres....hehe... really nice...

nd4ever

500 RPM
Nov 17, 2003
KL, PJ & S'ban
www.facebook.com
Dunlop Direzza DZ101 & SportTTMaxx (both Made in Japan) gives superb grip on dry as well wet road condition. Been using it for all my 3 cars currently & very satisfied with it.

Wanggot

May 22, 2006
Jay Bee
Dunlop Direzza DZ101 & SportTTMaxx (both Made in Japan) gives superb grip on dry as well wet road condition. Been using it for all my 3 cars currently & very satisfied with it.
Couldnt agree more bro...
BTW if not mistaken Sportmaxx is used as factory stock tyres for an Suzuki Swift Sport...

FGT

500 RPM
May 19, 2007
sumtimes assembly from the factory isnt spot on sir, those can also be a reason for the noise. my 20years old charade is quiet jer using goodyears sir, imo urs should be too
not necessarily, because we all drive different cars with different NVH levels.. we also have different tolerance to noise.. i like it quiet but my "quiet" may not be the same as ur level of quietness.. :)

my old man's car was using ducaro GA before this. I'm already used to the level of noise from those tyres so it's normal to me because he has been loyal to good year for years. But it became a deal when he bought corsa tyres lol! Those tyres are softer and much much quieter than ducaro GAs.. Then only i realised that the ducaro GAs are actually not that quiet, they are no doubt good tyres especially in the wet.. :D

I'm currently using Falken 912 and they are due for change..I'm thinking of getting Goodyear Assurance which is supposed to be the deluxe range of tyres from them..

xtremeleo

3,000 RPM
Oct 18, 2005
yes sir, understood and agreed. iam using a set of assurance now and they are very good indeed

FGT

500 RPM
May 19, 2007
yes sir, understood and agreed. iam using a set of assurance now and they are very good indeed
ah that's cool! can u give some feedback for them? I'm seriously thinking of getting them. The other contender is Yokohama C drive..heh..

xtremeleo

3,000 RPM
Oct 18, 2005
as always, its quiet and gives phenomenal grip in the rain. i always end up running more them 140 in my iswara in the wet, iam very confident wit it. thread wear wise, looks good so far sir

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

The sweeping evolution of technology in cars that demand striving for perfection has once again swept through the corridors of performance models and the next generation Porsche 911 GT3 looks to be the next victim with rumours indicating a dual-clutch transmission will replace the enthusiasts-favoured manual.

According to a Rennlist member that got to pick the brains of a Porsche executive in the...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience