What gear oil you using for your DC5?

GTI4740

Known Member
Dec 3, 2003
Visit site
Guys,

I don't know whether this is being discussed before this. When it comes to MTF oil, I always have sleepless night thinking about. Had a lot of issues when I was using my EK last time. From busted cusco full lock LSD, syncro issues and broken gear teeth.

Just need some info from all the DC 5 sifus, this will also help the newbie as well. Like me :biggrin:

1. what gear oil you using?
2. Issues?
3. Where to buy them?
4. how much?

subcon

1,000 RPM
Apr 28, 2005
Turn 5
Guys,

I don't know whether this is being discussed before this. When it comes to MTF oil, I always have sleepless night thinking about. Had a lot of issues when I was using my EK last time. From busted cusco full lock LSD, syncro issues and broken gear teeth.

Just need some info from all the DC 5 sifus, this will also help the newbie as well. Like me :biggrin:

1. what gear oil you using?
2. Issues?
3. Where to buy them?
4. how much?
this thread contains some good info. try it

http://www.zerotohundred.com/newforums/dc5-integra-type-r-forums/323251-newcomer-engine-oil.html

basikal_pancit

500 RPM
Apr 7, 2005
Selangor
using the redline gearoil

the blueGEL!

very nice, should cost around RM55 per liter. get it at N1 racing

---------- Post added at 01:13 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 01:12 PM ----------

Red Line Synthetic Oil

GTI4740

Known Member
Dec 3, 2003
Visit site
Just changed mine just now. Before this the gear start to become hard to engaged. Changed to Honda MTL Ultra 3. No issue after that gear change smooth like butter. Price RM180 at Exceptional Glenmarie.

WAFS

500 RPM
Jan 2, 2005
Ampang
Just changed mine just now. Before this the gear start to become hard to engaged. Changed to Honda MTL Ultra 3. No issue after that gear change smooth like butter. Price RM180 at Exceptional Glenmarie.
My gearbox felt smoother too when I changed to this gear oil last time. I forgot the price but it's around there.

GTI4740

Known Member
Dec 3, 2003
Visit site
hey guys...just wondering where i can get the Honda MTL Ultra from?

at Honda service centres?
Just scroll up and you can see my posting where I got it from..Exceptional Glenmarie.. It's near the old Recaro shop.

GTI4740

Known Member
Dec 3, 2003
Visit site
not very sure where that is though...not familiar with glenmarie area.
Nukee,

if you got GPS. this is the adress No:13, Jalan Pendidik U1/31, Hicom-Glenmarie Industrial Park Shah Alam. Btw , when you're planning to get the oil.

NukeeZoid

2,000 RPM
Jan 26, 2005
further_seems_forever.blogspot.com
Nukee,

if you got GPS. this is the adress No:13, Jalan Pendidik U1/31, Hicom-Glenmarie Industrial Park Shah Alam. Btw , when you're planning to get the oil.
im really not familiar with shah alam area thats the problem.

im looking to get everything changed and flushed this weekend. from power steering fluid, to gear oil, to engine oil....can never be too safe with recon cars...

anyone heading there this weekend? maybe can meet up for a chat about the R's... :biggrin:

GTI4740

Known Member
Dec 3, 2003
Visit site
im really not familiar with shah alam area thats the problem.

im looking to get everything changed and flushed this weekend. from power steering fluid, to gear oil, to engine oil....can never be too safe with recon cars...

anyone heading there this weekend? maybe can meet up for a chat about the R's... :biggrin:
Ok if you going on Saturday , I can meet you near Subang Parade area and I and guide you to that place. Just SMS me the time you're going my number 018-2007474. No worries.. I will help you.

NukeeZoid

2,000 RPM
Jan 26, 2005
further_seems_forever.blogspot.com
Ok if you going on Saturday , I can meet you near Subang Parade area and I and guide you to that place. Just SMS me the time you're going my number 018-2007474. No worries.. I will help you.
SWEET. thanks for all the help bro. looking forward to getting the gearoil changed coz it seems about rough going from 1st to 2nd gear....no crunching...just feels tight...

Also, need to get engine oil changed coz the engine sounds abit coarse.

ckwanloong

Known Member
Feb 22, 2009
i'm using cusco lsd oil....so far so good ..i recommended my friend's rx-8 too...he said better than trust...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi bros,

Im new in car modding... Im using VR4 RS engine in my Wira, and im doing major upgrade on internal parts, i would like to ask :

1. do i need to change my connecting rod to suits my new 87mm pistons?

2. and do i need to change my turbo [ now using standard TD05H double fin code 42 ],

3. and what the different using the solid lifters and 3rd gen Hylift Johson lifters.

hope any sifu's here can help me to understand more about it

Thanks,
:nurse:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience