[HELP] Thinking getting 1 Proton Saga BLM vs Myvi

bee86

May 19, 2008
im thinking to get a new car and my budget is below 50k and i nail down to these two...there are some question that i would like all sifu to help me...these are the things that im looking for, the best that i wish to get from these two cars are following the numbers.

Proton Saga BLM vs Myvi

1)Fuel Consumption (Daily Use)
2)Comfort
3)Performance
4)Handling
5)The Looks
6)future slightly modify on the looks

hope zerotohundred sifu can give me some information. thanks alot

Last edited:

bee86

May 19, 2008
im thinking to get a new car and my budget is below 50k and i nail down to these two...there are some question that i would like all sifu to help me...these are the things that im looking for, the best that i wish to get from these two cars are following the numbers.

Proton Saga BLM vs Myvi

1)Fuel Consumption (Daily Use)
2)Comfort
3)Performance
4)Handling
5)The Looks
6)future slightly modify on the looks

hope zerotohundred sifu can give me some information. thanks alot

tigger5251

Known Member
Sep 18, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
If u want bargain, take the BLM.

If u want a quality product, better realiblity, better service centre experience, and safer, take Myvi. Myvi got better handling than BLM.

Mishima

Known Member
Dec 27, 2008
I still think both cars are more the less the same. Personally, BLM is way better than other older versions of Saga a lot hence for the price i think its ok. I never liked Myvi in comfort wise, as the seats are shit to me unless u opted for the leather type which is way more expensive than a BLM.
For BLM
1) Cheaper. (pros)
2) Improved space (pros)
3) FC? Not so kind for a 1.3 maCampro auto tranny engine (cons)
4) Service. Yes, Proton Service Centre is shit. I waited 8 hours just to get my LMST done. Perhaps depends on each service centres.

For Myvi
1) More expensive (cons)
2) Wider (pros)
3) Better FC (pros)
4) Service better (pros)
5) Not long (yes, i hate cars without butts/boot, especially when its too short)

Btw, I vowed not to get a Myvi, because there are two reasons:-
1) My cousin's 2 month's old Myvi burnt itself into shit before while all she did is just park outside a shophouse (self ignite).

2) I don't like butt-less cars, unless its longer like the Ford Focus.

But both are still nice cars compared to other older builds of Proton n Perodua.

Last edited:

hachiroku clan

500 RPM
Oct 16, 2008
U did mention u wanna mod on the looks, think about this:
myvi can be 'converted' to passo or boon.. Saga can be converted to subaru impreza! Hehe.. Actually its a fair fight, i've driven both, almost the same feeling, but myvi feels a lil bit higher.. Fc wont make much diffrence, both 1.3.. Depends on ur usage, do u need a big boot?

Mishima

Known Member
Dec 27, 2008
U did mention u wanna mod on the looks, think about this:
myvi can be 'converted' to passo or boon.. Saga can be converted to subaru impreza! Hehe.. Actually its a fair fight, i've driven both, almost the same feeling, but myvi feels a lil bit higher.. Fc wont make much diffrence, both 1.3.. Depends on ur usage, do u need a big boot?
Hell yeah man, damn agree with you... But I still think that BLM looks ugly if they tried to look like an Imprezza... At least Myvi has the same chasis build as the Passo but BLM with a Imprezza? Lol. But still, despite of all ppl discrimination against Protong and Peroduck's popularity rising, I still feel they are more the less the same.

hachiroku clan

500 RPM
Oct 16, 2008
Hell yeah man, damn agree with you... But I still think that BLM looks ugly if they tried to look like an Imprezza... At least Myvi has the same chasis build as the Passo but BLM with a Imprezza? Lol. But still, despite of all ppl discrimination against Protong and Peroduck's popularity rising, I still feel they are more the less the same.
yeah i agree too, the BLM is like a wannabe if want to look like a different car.. Hmm myvi has genes from toyota but on the other hand, blm is an improvement for p1.. If i was the thread starter, i would go crazy in making this decision! Hehehe

Jack9531

Known Member
Jun 18, 2008
Selangor
dont buy myvi, my friend myvi burn it self because suddenly she lost control of the steering wheel in highway and crash the side wall, just minor accident, but the myvi slowly burn..
:confused:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Myvi and BLM both use torsion beams.

Myvi's rear beam is H-shaped, making it pretty crappy to stiffen at the rear. BLM is no better.

Personally if I wanted a Myvi or a BLM, it would be a car of convenience. Not a car to modify. If you're looking at resale value Myvi is better. If you're looking at space obviously BLM has more.

Again personally, I'd rather not get either one and consider the Suzuki Alto.

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
Myvi and BLM both use torsion beams.

Myvi's rear beam is H-shaped, making it pretty crappy to stiffen at the rear. BLM is no better.

Personally if I wanted a Myvi or a BLM, it would be a car of convenience. Not a car to modify. If you're looking at resale value Myvi is better. If you're looking at space obviously BLM has more.

Again personally, I'd rather not get either one and consider the Suzuki Alto.
ALTO!?!?!
second hand Swift you mean?

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
Eh? I thought the alto was in the 40k region? If not a 2nd hand swift... yeah why not.
the Alto is a 996cc kei-car wor.. I must hate you a lot to ask you to buy that over a Myvi or Saga. RM44k and up.. very bad value given the price and competition.

a Suzuki Swift, albeit second hand, would be way more car for the buck right.

chsyke

Known Member
Dec 13, 2006
Its all depands on your usage.
If you planing to change your car, better choose MyVi cause the resell value is better than Saga.
If you got no planing to change your car so fast and require more space, Saga will be a better choice.
Also below are some my comment:

1)Fuel Consumption (Daily Use): Depands the way your drive. 1.3 vs 1.3 more or less the same.
2)Comfort: Cant expect much from both.
3)Performance: MyVi: Max. output: 64 kW (85.8 hp) @ 6000 rpm. Max torque: 116 N·m @ 3200 rpm
Saga: Max. output: 70 kW (94.0 hp) @ 6000 rpm. Max Torque: 120 N.m @ 4000 rpm
4)Handling: Saga is better handling than MyVi... MyVi is higher than Saga.
5)The Looks: Different people got different opinion. its all up to your own.
6)future slightly modify on the looks: MyVi got lots of accessories as MyVi already in the market for so long... Saga accessories is lesser compare to MyVi.

Above are my own opinion. Test drive yourself to find our more...

Cheers...

Last edited:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
the Alto is a 996cc kei-car wor.. I must hate you a lot to ask you to buy that over a Myvi or Saga. RM44k and up.. very bad value given the price and competition.

a Suzuki Swift, albeit second hand, would be way more car for the buck right.
The comfort level in the Swift is undoubtedly better than all the cars I've mentioned for comparing new car vs new car, the Alto is actually quite a good car in terms of comfort, NVH and FC. It's only downside is the overall space. It's got that Kelisa feel to it when driving around too. Not as fast as the competitors but hey, it's not meant to be driven fast anyway.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Dear all,

is anyone own GSR CK type hving gearbox issue?
my gearbox always has choking issue when go to 3rd gear. Is the gearbox gong dy?

anyone have good workshop specialize in gearbox?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience