my PS-2....need help!!!

PAIPON

Known Member
Apr 3, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
hello to all,

need help.

my PS2 (fat version) suddenly keep showing "please insert playstation 2 dvd" when i insert the disc to play. The disc still can insert in-out and spinning as usual (like normal).
I'd try cleaning the lense but same result.

any suggestion? :confused:

if let say "the last remedy" is to send for repair, where's the place? (reliable & reasonable price)

thanks in advance

sk8terboyz

Oct 12, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
dude i think the fat version no ppl willing 2 repair liao plus the part cant find liao == tat how i gave up my 1st ps2 and go for slim version

Rock Lee

3,000 RPM
Oct 18, 2004
Klang, Selangor
www.rockmotorsport.com
time to change ps3 lo bro.

ok Ill tell u my story of how my ps2 died, or rather..how I killed my ps2. Had the same problem like u, keep showing insert ps2 dvd. lazy to bring to shop to fix. so I tried to act smart and manually fix it myself. opened up. found out what the problem was.

apparently the gear that moves the lens around got stuck, it looks like a long steel with gear teeth on it wan. so I adjust adjust abit. fold small bit of paper and stuck it under to make it move.

and WALLAH!!. it runs like magic already.

but after few weeks, the same problem kena again. somehow it got worst. korek kepala in out still no idea what wrong. so in the end. GG. bring to shop to fix. and forgotten about the ps2 already. few months or maybe years, I went back the shop. The shop chap lap already.There goes my ps2.

The End.

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Lolz! Forgot about things that u send for repair really rare leh lolz! Must be a very busy guy lar u Rock Lee.

Anyway, I had that problem and some said is due to playing too much football game which i find it ridiculous. After awhile, i think is kinda true as my memory cards get faulty faster than before. Anyway, back to the problem that u face, i send my PS2 to one of the shops in Sungai Wang IT section. I jsut went there recently to find out that they renovated the place and I guess the PS2 shop chap lap adi...lolz!

Now i really dunno where can reply my PS2. If u want reliable ones, places like 1Utama shud be fine but price wise i dun think is cheap at that kind of area. I use to send my PS2 to Desa Jaya Shopping Complex but took really damn kaw long to get it done...about almost a 3 weeks or a month to fix it. It came back fine but really taking too long time as i suspect they send my PS2 somewhere else for third-party to fix rather than fixing on their own. Charge me about RM90

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
bring to brem mall 3rd flr to fix laa... that kedai i know 1 :biggrin:
So i just tell them, I know unker fred one. So better give me good discount or i will let u know. :thefinger:

Got discount or not if send there? Seriously just tell them i know u can arr? :rolleyes:

PAIPON

Known Member
Apr 3, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
time to change ps3 lo bro.....................The End.
alamak...meaning that, most probably my PS2 going to retired forever....aiya...so sad..
yeah, PS3 is kinda promising but the price is not user friendly yet, some says PS3 only operates on original DVD only...then this kinda issue surely make a big-hole in my pocket!...

........I use to send my PS2 to Desa Jaya Shopping Complex but took really damn kaw long to get it done...about almost a 3 weeks or a month to fix it........Charge me about RM90....................
waa...that a bloddy damn long wan!!!...yeah i think you're right, maybe they send to another 3rd party to get it done. btw, may i know where's the Desa Jaya Shopping Complex located?

zac

1,000 RPM
Feb 7, 2007
Johor Bahru
Bro Paipon,
PS3 can only use original disc because all it's is blueray, and pirated dvd stall doesnt make copies of blueray due to high cost... but trust me you wont regret getting one, price is reasonable nowadays compare to last time... you can use it as blueray dvd player as well, quality is superb...

As for the game pricing, not to worry too much, i'm not sure abt KL but spore and jb game shop now selling 2nd hand PS3 game, most of the people bought one to play, after pecah game then trade in and get another one, not like last time ps/ps2 times can straight hantam 10/20 games one shot... : ) Latest game is expensive but you can source for older game which launched 1/2 yrs ago, not expensive at all...

If you do get one, dun miss out Resident Evil 5 (my favourite:biggrin:)

---------- Post added at 10:02 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:59 AM ----------

The quality is so much difference than ps2, you can see their hair, wrinkle, muscle, face expression clearly... oh ya, must use a lcd tv, normal ctv can play also but quality lousy a bit..

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Paipon: PS3 can play both DVD and Blue-Ray disc but only original yes. Desa Jaya Shopping Complex I won't recommend anymore since is kinda run down and im not sure if they will go bankrupt and yet they take too long to repair...later ur PS2 will end up like Rock Lee's the whole shop closed down then bye bye to PS2 liao.

I think u better go to Brem mall as recommended by Fstrader bro. Is located somewhere Near Jinjang where there is a roundabout nearby the Store. If u r coming from kepong, u have to make a U-Turn before the Roundabout. If u want, i can guide u there as well. Just pm me ur number, and u may contact me. Where r u from by the way lolz! later u from JB come all the way here haha!

Zac: Yes bro, PS3 graphic definitely much much better compare to PS2. Is the same thing like how we compare PS1 and PS2 last time. Buying the player is not much of a problem as it only cost around RM1500 now. Buying the game is the one that will put a hole in our pocket. Imagine buying a game 1 month once. RM100 per game. In 10 months, u spend RM1000 for games.

Talking about Blue-Ray Disc movies, those are really not an affordable type of movie to watch.
RM150 per disc for example Transformers or other normal movies. Well, maybe Transformers is worth buying Blue-Ray but how often do we really buy a blue-ray disc movies? Well, ya like u said maybe get 2nd hand games which will cost around RM70 is it? U shud try GT5 i heard is good. Or Call for Duty latest one start with the word M can't remember its name.

Resident Evil is always everyone's favourite :thefinger: I'm actually looking forward to play Metal Gear Solid when I purchase one...im still waiting for the price to drop more just like how much PS2 price has dropped before...

Last edited:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Really?? what & where is Brem mall??
Do u know how to go to The Store Jalan Ipoh nearby to Jinjang? Btw where are u staying at? I guess will guide u from ur place easier.

Vagabond

1,500 RPM
Mar 1, 2007
There are pirated Blu-Ray movies in the market now .....
selling for RM10 to Rm20 per disc.

I wonder can the PS3 play them???

PAIPON

Known Member
Apr 3, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
Do u know how to go to The Store Jalan Ipoh nearby to Jinjang? Btw where are u staying at? I guess will guide u from ur place easier.
thanks supra,

i'm staying in Greenwood park. ok, i'll notify you whenever ready to go there. hopefully by this weekend.

---------- Post added at 10:56 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:49 AM ----------

guys,

do you ever think that PS2 dvd drive might be replaced@modify with PC dvdrw drive?

I think it might possible for those who expert in electronics, maybe they can re-route/bypass/hack curcuitary of the Pc dvdrw drive to match with PS2 dvd curcuit.....

wallaweh, if this become reality, i'm sure this kinda guy suddenly can make a lot of money...:biggrin::smokin:

zac

1,000 RPM
Feb 7, 2007
Johor Bahru
Paipon: if one fellow hv the technic to do so he won't be fixing the ps2 in a shopping mall liao...
Vagabond: Those rm10/20 pirated blueray are just better quality dvd, ps3 can play but quality wont be nice
Supra: As i said, you dun have to spend rm100 for game, just buy one at rm100, trade in and top up little amount for new game, me and my friend did this all the time... you can also exhange/borrow from friend no need to pay everything out from your pocket:biggrin:
Metal gear solid is cool, and only ps3 can play, must try must try...

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Zac: For me I think If I buy PS3 I sure cialat and can only go for ur advise to get 2nd hand games. Cuz I keep all my PS2 games and Games to me is also one of a masterpiece that I shud keep after long time play again quite nice geh. Till today I still have my PS1 and some games that I still dig out and play such as Final Fantasy 8 was my favourite. :biggrin:

No friends have PS3 lar bro except one or can only borrow from u lar haha! But still I have to lend u a few also lar not good for me to be the only one side to borrow games from u.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Anyone with a good and bad experience on this subject?

Lets share some here..with maybe some recommendations for newbies thinking to mod their looks.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience