B16a vafc 1 need help.....

JA84

Oct 23, 2009
Johore
HELO O2100 MEMBER & OTAI....
I NEED SOME ADVICE & SUGGESTIONS
I JUST BOUGHT THIS CAR QUITE RECENTLY, DAYS AGO..... THE CAR GOT:

HARDWARE:
B16A BLOCK WITH B16B PISTON (NEW... STILL IN RUNNING IN PERIOD 900KM TO GO)
B18C (DC2) COMPLETE HEAD INCLUDING INTAKE MANIFOLD (PORTED WITH STOCK DC2 CAM)
CTR GEAR BOX (STOCK)

ENGINE MANAGEMENT:
FEEL'S Chip ECU
VAFC 1

MY QUESTION IS....

IS IT NORMAL THE CAR IDLING NOT STABLE..... UP & DOWN BETWEEN 1000RPM TO 2000RPM

OR IS IT BECAUSE THE VAFC 1 NOT TUNED CORRECTLY.... I NOTICED A LOT OF WATER COME OUT AT THE EXHAUST..... IS THIS BAD??

ANY RECOMMENDED PLACE TO TUNE MY VAFC 1 WITH REASONABLE PRICE?

I SAW THE HEAD GASKET NEAR THE GEARBOX SIDE (IF LOOKING INTO THE ENGINE, AT LEFT FRONT EDGE OF THE HEAD/BLOCK..... IS THIS NORMAL PROBLEM FOR B SERIES ENGINE? OR IS IT BECAUSE MINE USING DC2 HEAD? HOW MUCH TO REPLACE THE HEAD GASKET & POWER TIMING BELT SET WITH TENSIONER INCLUDING WORKMANSHIP.....

IF I WANT TO UPGRADE THE ENGINE MANAGEMENT SYSTEM...... BASED ON MY SETUP (WITH STOCK DC2 CAM)..... IS IGNITION CONTROL FUNCTION NEEDED (WHICH I CAN GET FROM OTHER THAN APEXI VAFC MODEL)

ANY RECOMMENDED MODEL FOR MY DAILY DRIVEN & FUN (SEMI RACING :biggrin:) CAR.....

IS IT POSSIBLE TO HAVE AN ENGINE MANAGEMENT SYSTEM (FOR VTEC) WHICH HAVE 2 OR MORE FILE OR FUEL MAPPING SETUP.... SO THAT I CAN HAVE 2 OR MORE DIFFERENT SETTING WHICH I CAN CHANGE ANYTIME..... SO THAT I CAN HAVE A PEACE OF MIND DRIVING MY CAR WITHOUT SKY HIGH FUEL CONSUMPTION PROBLEM.... AND AT THE SAME TIME I CAN USE ANOTHER FUEL MAP SETTING FOR RACING (I.E. TRACK DAYS OR RACING).......

IF ANY.... WHAT MODEL AVAILABLE, WITH A FUNCTION THAT I CAN TUNE/PLAY THE SETTING BY MYSELF WITHOUT SENDING CAR TO DYNO (SIMILAR TO APEXI VAFC)....???? HOW MUCH IT WOULD COST??

camshaft

Known Member
Nov 3, 2006
waaa...so much question..i'll try answer few question...all the sifu..please correct me if i'm wrong :adore::adore::adore:

1. b16a,b18cr,b16b have same head design..but b18c is different..but i dunno if thats the cause of u seeing the head gasket...
2. u can use ignition ctrl but not necessary...people use stage 2-3 cams but still ok running without ignition ctrl..
3. it is possible to have 2 mapping?...if not mistaken...e-manage ultimate can have 2 mapping...but...funny la...u want a fast car but still want a low FC...there's a lot of piggy back...stand alone unit out there...Hondata,E-manage,VAFC,Apexi Neo....all you can tune it yourself...with a laptop of course(exclude neo,vafc) if you really2 know how to tune it properly...but better leave it to the expert...wrong tuning can blow up your engine...

btw...i'm in from johor also..wanna TT? :biggrin:

E-Tech

Jun 28, 2005
Johor
waaa...so much question..i'll try answer few question...all the sifu..please correct me if i'm wrong :adore::adore::adore:

1. b16a,b18cr,b16b have same head design..but b18c is different..but i dunno if thats the cause of u seeing the head gasket...
2. u can use ignition ctrl but not necessary...people use stage 2-3 cams but still ok running without ignition ctrl..
3. it is possible to have 2 mapping?...if not mistaken...e-manage ultimate can have 2 mapping...but...funny la...u want a fast car but still want a low FC...there's a lot of piggy back...stand alone unit out there...Hondata,E-manage,VAFC,Apexi Neo....all you can tune it yourself...with a laptop of course(exclude neo,vafc) if you really2 know how to tune it properly...but better leave it to the expert...wrong tuning can blow up your engine...

Bro...
But Johor still very big mah....

Me also Johor but 2 hour to go Jay Bee..:biggrin:
TT in center can?... Yong Peng or B.P?:biggrin:
Ad Eg, Pencalat also johor....

JA84

Oct 23, 2009
Johore

1. I'M NOT SURE WHICH ONE IS MY HEAD.... BUT THE LAST OWNER SAID INTEGRA TYPE R B18.... DO KNOW LAR B18C OR B18CR..... HOW TO CHECK THIS?? YUP IT'S LEAKING AT THE HEAD GASKET..... AT FWD LEFT (LOOKING INTO ENGINE BAY) EDGE.... SERIOUSLY I'M NOT HAPPY WITH THIS :banghead:

2. IN THAT CASE.... OK LA..... BUT IF I USE..... FOR B SERIES WITH MECHANICAL DISTRIBUTOR CAN USE KE?

3. I STILL NEED TWO DIFFERENT FUEL MAPPING BECAUSE.... THIS IS MY ONLY CAR.... FOR DAILY & FUN DRIVING.... & I'M DRIVING A LOT..... LOW FC CAN SAVE MY MONEY & REDUCE THE CO2 EMISSION:smokin: HUHU......

4. IF I CHOSE OTHER THAN APEXi VAFC......I CAN NOT PLAY AROUND THE THING.... WHAT I WANT IS..... SIMILAR LIKE VAFC WHICH I CAN PLAY AROUND (LEARN HOW TO SETTING & HOW IT'S WORK) THE SETTING WITHOUT USING WIRE HARNESS TO PC OR LAPTOP.... OR IS THERE ANY PIGGY BACK UNIT IN THE MARKET THAT SELL WITH THE SOFWARE & HARNESS CONNECTION TO PC & LAPTOP SO THAT I CAN TUNE IT ON MY OWN....???

5. LIKE VAFC 1.... GOT ONLY 8 POINT OF RPM SETTING WITH 100RPM INCREMENT, VAFC 2 GOT 12POINT & VAFC NEO GOT 16 POINT...... ANY OTHER BRAND WITH MORE RPM SETTING POINT, WHICH WILL PROVIDE MORE FINE TUNE??

6. I READ IN THE THREAD, PEOPLE SAID.... VAFC 2 HAVE TWO SET OF FUEL MAP SETTING... IS THIS TRUE.... BECAUSE I COULDN'T FIND IT IN THE MANUAL....

7. HONDATA & E-MANAGE DON'T HAVE OPTION LIKE VAFC.... BUT DO THEY SOLD WITH THE HARNESS & SOFTWARE.... OR HAVE TO ADD MORE RINGGIT....??

ERM.... TT OK OK.... BUT WAIT UNTIL I FINISH MY CAR LOR.... SOONER I WANT TO INSTALL MY FULL BLACK INTERIOR FROM DASH UNTIL BONNET.... BUT ONLY MANAGE TO GET THE SR3 ONLY... EG6 VERY HARD TO FIND & PRICEY...

---------- Post added at 05:49 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 05:39 PM ----------

Bro...
But Johor still very big mah....

Me also Johor but 2 hour to go Jay Bee..:biggrin:
TT in center can?... Yong Peng or B.P?:biggrin:
Ad Eg, Pencalat also johor....

TT IN BATU PAHAT LAR HUHU:itsme:

---------- Post added at 05:55 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 05:49 PM ----------

Please help me...

AD_EG

6,000 RPM
Apr 5, 2009
Ipoh
car idling not stable is not normal.

vafc not being tuned would not cause that...

about water in the exhaust..is this on morning/cold start up ? this can be due to condensation....or is it all the time? if it ...you most likely have a bad gasket and water is leaking...is there a lot of white/bluish smoke coming out?

i thought owner suppose to send for tuning? you wanna tune in kl or Jb? Kl go millennium @ Sunway like i posted in your previous thread or JB you can go tung chun.

what is normal for b series? to have leaks ? NO ITS NOT NORMAL.....

your VAFC is sufficient to support your current setup....go for hondata once you have upgraded to high cams or for further mods...

bro,about having your car setup....if you are worried about the FC...when cruising don engage vtec...just drive slowly....b-series engine generally have good FC...esp for highway driving...

---------- Post added at 07:24 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 07:05 PM ----------

i thought owner suppose to pay for tuning? why didn't check all this b4 buying ?

you should not tune any engine management system your self if you don have wideband or tuning equipment to check AF ratio and all....please do no attempt this because it can cause your engine serious damage....

ask owner to take the car to the mechanic who installed the new pistons and all..and redo the leaking and gasket.....

camshaft

Known Member
Nov 3, 2006
u are using b16a or b18c??? 1st u said b16 then b18...haiyoo

AD_EG

6,000 RPM
Apr 5, 2009
Ipoh
b16 block with b18c type R head....

camshaft

Known Member
Nov 3, 2006
owh ok2...misread there...hewas talking bout the head...haha...
btw...if i was u...my option is using e-manage..then buy the harness and sofware...will cost bout 1.5k...then learn to tune myself...with the consult of an experience person of coz...

AD_EG...tung chun know how to tune e-manage or not? or VIS can tune it better?

JA84

Oct 23, 2009
Johore
Btw...if i was u...my option is using e-manage..then buy the harness and sofware...will cost bout 1.5k...then learn to tune myself...with the consult of an experience person of coz...

Ad_eg...tung chun know how to tune e-manage or not? Or vis can tune it better?
where i can get 1.5k e-manage with harness & software & tuning........

---------- Post added at 12:12 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 12:05 AM ----------

b16 block with b18c type r head....
so my head b18cr ke??

AD_EG

6,000 RPM
Apr 5, 2009
Ipoh
btw...if i was u...my option is using e-manage..then buy the harness and sofware...will cost bout 1.5k...then learn to tune myself...with the consult of an experience person of coz...

AD_EG...tung chun know how to tune e-manage or not? or VIS can tune it better?
better go tung chun...dont go VIS...Tung chun will be able to tune it ....bro if i were you...i will go for hondata....

where i can get 1.5k e-manage with harness & software & tuning........

---------- Post added at 12:12 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 12:05 AM ----------

so my head b18cr ke??
bro the only way to check...is to open up the head and check your cams...that's the most important part....

camshaft

Known Member
Nov 3, 2006
mine OBD2 bro...dun wanna disturb with the origanality of my ek4...
haha...so no hondata for me...
e-manage also enough la...as long as it has a proper tuning...

so tung chun is better...ermm...they also famous for tuning honda...too bad they dont have any dyno...but seeing all the car at tung chun...haiyoo...all very heavily modified laa...

Last edited:

rodcyprian

Known Member
Mar 12, 2009
I will say Hondata too... even Hondata only can tune with turbo :rock::rock::rock::top:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

The SUPER GT Queen Search 2012 - Round 2, kicked-off with much for both fans and spectators who were at The Pavilion Shopping Mall, right in the heart of down-town Kuala Lumpur...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience