DC5R Query

AE111_SEG

1,000 RPM
May 18, 2005
Putra Heights
Guys
I am not a DC5 owner however may consider in the near future as a second ride if it
satisfy some of my queries.

1) How is the ride on stock suspension setup?. Is it as hard as FD2R. I hear FD2R is rock hard.
2) If drive normally below 4,000 rpm what is the estimated fuel comsumption ?
3) Can I use it for daily drive to work.....
4) How is the aircondition. Sorry for the silly question cos I heard the heat & sound proofing
has been removed to save weight so wonder does the interior get warm quickly given the
exhaust manifold facing the firewall.

Basically looking for a bit of allrounder. Use for work and track days.....
Currently driving 2003 Toyota Altezza which is fantastic cos it is an all rounder.
Want to see if Integra also a bit of a all rounder. Or is it more for track than road?.

Appreciate your response.....

prasath_5338

1,000 RPM
Apr 20, 2005
Guys
I am not a DC5 owner however may consider in the near future as a second ride if it
satisfy some of my queries.

1) How is the ride on stock suspension setup?. Is it as hard as FD2R. I hear FD2R is rock hard.
2) If drive normally below 4,000 rpm what is the estimated fuel comsumption ?
3) Can I use it for daily drive to work.....
4) How is the aircondition. Sorry for the silly question cos I heard the heat & sound proofing
has been removed to save weight so wonder does the interior get warm quickly given the
exhaust manifold facing the firewall.

Basically looking for a bit of allrounder. Use for work and track days.....
Currently driving 2003 Toyota Altezza which is fantastic cos it is an all rounder.
Want to see if Integra also a bit of a all rounder. Or is it more for track than road?.

Appreciate your response.....
Bro if you happen to be rajin, please go through our DC5 Advice thread. its one of a kind bible but bit messed up.

1. The stock suspension is not hard. Kinda of all rounder. Solution: Test drive a dc5 and it will answer you doubt as different people have diff comfort level.
2. My average millage on full tank is about 350km. If you drive below 4k you can get more.
3. Why not?
4. You dont have to worry about this.

This is based on my exp....It may vary....

Vagabond

1,500 RPM
Mar 1, 2007
1) FD2R stock suspension is about the same as a DC5, it's just that the chassis is stiffer than the stock dc5's.

2) for a stock DC5 , a very light-footed driver should be able to get at least 400KM out from a full tank of 50 liter capacity (50% city, 50% freeway). roughly above 9KM per liter ?
on a full highway drive, i've seen stock dc5's get 600+ little bit from a full tank ! may even be higher with low resistance tyres?

3) yes, lots of us DC-fivers are using the car for daily drive , shouldn't be any issue as long as you keep the modding mild or basic mods.

4) Insulation is fine, there is a heat-shield both at the extractor and exhaust portion of the under-carriage to prevent condusive heat transfer. and the air con is fairly capable, no issues with it so far.

good luck with the car :biggrin:

*i've got WAY too much free time in the office!*

AE111_SEG

1,000 RPM
May 18, 2005
Putra Heights
Hi Prasath & Vagabond,
Thank you for your response. I appreciate your advise. :biggrin:
Btw which month and year did the facelift model come out.
How about the interior does it follow body colour e.g :

White exterior = Red recaros
Blue exterior = Blue recaro's
Silver exterior = Black recaros.

I am assuming the back seat should be all black for any colour combination.

Last edited:

lightningfield

2,000 RPM
Dec 29, 2004
Johor Bahru
www.ef-honda.com
AE111,

Im driving the DC5 daily for 6 months now and so far its a practical and hassle free car. full tank of petrol can take me to 400km ++ if i drive decently (but most of the time i dont haha). other members with bolt on mods + hondata k-pro can go up to 500km with full tank!

make sure the VIN tag is is embossed with "Type-R" instead of "Type-iS" or "Type iSA". no matter how good the salesman convinced you its fully converted etc, a non Type-R will never be a Type-R. Check out the chassis and engine code as well. Seat belt tag normally will be removed by dealer (so they can claim the car is newer), but u still can check the Recaro manufacturing date underneath the seat.

facelift model came out on September 2004. the last one if im not wrong, late 2005. or is it 2006?

btw, why dont u join us for TT tonite n get to know the fellas n their ride.:driver:

Last edited:

minivan

1,500 RPM
Jun 11, 2004
BBBangi/KL
Visit site
The DC5 is a great car, no doubts, but if u want an all rounder, one aspect u may have to ponder upon is that u currently have 4 doors, DC5 only has 2.... thats why IMO the best all-rounder out there currently the the Golf GTI... of which i can't afford... yet...

hahf

Known Member
Jul 7, 2005
KL
If u keep it stock form, the DC5R wont disappoint you in anyway for daily ride.
Good FC, reasonably comfortable and great look.
Last DC5R should be end of 2006 or early 2007. Hope to see you in DC5 soon :biggrin:
Not every chasis can check from that site though.

Last edited:

AE111_SEG

1,000 RPM
May 18, 2005
Putra Heights
Hi
I will keep it 100% stock cos going to use it for daily drive and occasional track days.
I like the DC5R as it is. 100% in pure form. In wikipedia it show 2006 is last model not sure if this is true. Any one here have hyper rev magazine. It should be in there.

Try putting the chassis code as DC5-XXXXXXX in the website. ignore the ED5.

Bump:
The DC5 is a great car, no doubts, but if u want an all rounder, one aspect u may have to ponder upon is that u currently have 4 doors, DC5 only has 2.... thats why IMO the best all-rounder out there currently the the Golf GTI... of which i can't afford... yet...

Hi Minivan,
Yes Golf GTI is all rounder but I am not keen cos it is conti and it is turbo.
More interested in Jap & looking for NA. Since I have 4 door sports sedan thinking of getting
a 2 door coupe to complement my garage. Altezza & Integra will look great in my porch ha ha .....

Was looking at S15 Silvia cos FR but it is turbo so scrap the idea.

Last edited:

minivan

1,500 RPM
Jun 11, 2004
BBBangi/KL
Visit site
Hi Minivan,
Yes Golf GTI is all rounder but I am not keen cos it is conti and it is turbo.
More interested in Jap & looking for NA. Since I have 4 door sports sedan thinking of getting
a 2 door coupe to complement my garage. Altezza & Integra will look great in my porch ha ha .....

Was looking at S15 Silvia cos FR but it is turbo so scrap the idea.
Ooo ok... i tot u wanted to replace ur tezza... if thats the case, definately go for the inter R then. You want jap and NA, well, honda's make the best NA! And also not forgeting the best FF chassis out there... owh yeah, i doubt u'd keep it stock... i doubt anyone running one of these cars keeps it stock... :biggrin:

NFS

500 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
Hi AE111_SEG,

I was looking at S15 too but ended up with a DC5 instead.

Not as torquey as a turbo car but it does wonders in the track.

Suspension is subjective so would advice you to test drive

My FC in stock standard form is 550km town driving(mix style) and 600++km if gone to highway + town driving.

After some mild mod i still can reach 500km in full tank. heyy just did 510km with full tank yesterday

The interior color is either black, blue or red. just hunt around. Mine is all round black.

Best way to know is to go for a test drive dude. :)

Vagabond

1,500 RPM
Mar 1, 2007
i'm getting only 350KM to 370KM in city :mad:

highway ..... 400 + little bit nia :mad:

NFS

500 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
that shows how powerful your car is compared to mine la fren :)

AE111_SEG

1,000 RPM
May 18, 2005
Putra Heights
Hi Guys,
Thanks for ur advise..... appreciated. If I can get at least 450Km to 500Km on stock car
with mixed highway and city then the comsumption is ok. I think fuel comsumption boils down to
how u drive.....
1) city or highway
2) how fast or slow.

If used normally to drive to work and back then if can get 500km then. ok
if use in track and most of the time above 7,000 rpm and get 350km also ok.

Minivan,
Nah... I cannot sell by altezza....cos I am a hardcore fan and love the FR layout.
You can say a matured version of AE86. :rofl: I bought it unregistered last year only.

Actually I am thinking of replacing my other ride 98 Corolla SEG with a DC5. I know it is world apart. I am looking for something exciting yet still perform the task of a daily drive.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

want to know more about light weight crank pulley
some say good, some say no good for top speed
some say can gain hp but some say is rubbish.
any one can share?:confused:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience