Advice needed on Lancer GT

wira4life

Known Member
Feb 16, 2009
actually what is sport welding lar bro. i dono it. but so many modifier done that.i wan do at my ride too. where the welding the car. just the front only or the whole car. if the whole car ( they will rip off al interiror ar ). but my frend put evo6 engine in Satria Gti never done any welding. Smallmaster i tink u no need to wel lancer GT. it's alredy good. basically RWD car will do spot welding coz the engine release so much power...:wavey:

kampoon

1,000 RPM
Mar 4, 2006
er...lay man term should be more welding points compare with lancer...

mizunori77

1,000 RPM
Dec 13, 2006
spot welding increases chassis rigidity and therefore reduces flex especially during hard cornering. anyway, u need to remove your seats, the carpet and also the tar before doing the welding. below are a few pics where to do spot welding.

welding points are :
1. suspension mount areas in your engine bay

2. transmission tunnel

3. all the other "tulangs" of your car

4. wheel wells

of course, after you have done this, you need to re-tar your car floor base again, re-fit the carpet and then the seats again.

HaxDuum

Known Member
Nov 4, 2007
wah...sure ok ah??...like not enough welding spot 1? (sry noob here 1st time seeing spot welding, tot it suppose to weld the way down 1) hehehe....basically evo x and lancer engine same juz different quality and setting and also without turbo, engine code still the same, chasis not sure but i think need to take all ur bawah tulang n weld back evo x's 4wd tank, 4wd system 4wd "dai pun"(cantonese dunknow wat izit call in english is basically is the car's underneath bone), black intercooler, rims and exhaust. Other than tat is up to u.
Juz my opinion, add more info for me if i left out...

Anyway already have evo x conversion kit with oem fitting not those resize version, come in frp or pu depends on ur preference. Everything include wide body fender(front & rear), bumper(front & rear), spoiler and side skirt. When our demo car is out show pics to now only have the bodykit have sent the car to spray almost finish (DAmn exciting ^^), when the car come out d, let u judge worth to buy the bodykit or not, pm me if u all wan pics^^

mizunori77

1,000 RPM
Dec 13, 2006
hax, of course not enuf la coz i not enuf budget ma... if u got budget, u can do more for your car or even do seam-welding too... :thefinger::thefinger::thefinger::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

ealt

2,000 RPM
Dec 16, 2003
wah...too many sifu in here..:confused:

fred_soo_88

2,000 RPM
Jun 18, 2006
why not for 120k to buy a new lancer GT take that 120k buy an evo7..... not worth converting.. when u sale no value

wira4life

Known Member
Feb 16, 2009
evo7 look outdated. who like buying second hand cars ( suih liao ). now the new eye is evo X ( damn garang liao ). haiyah u can buy Lancer GT then convert with evo9 engine lorrr. Tomei also selling complete engine. more power lorrr..... can go 300km/h. :driver:

Last edited:

johnnygsr

Known Member
Dec 24, 2005
evo7 look outdated. who like buying second hand cars ( suih liao ). now the new eye is evo X ( damn garang liao ). haiyah u can buy Lancer GT then convert with evo9 engine lorrr. Tomei also selling complete engine. more power lorrr..... can go 300km/h. :driver:
Choice is yours.. Good luck bro..

BEan

Known Member
Oct 12, 2004
Klang
www.devoteesofcharade.com
dont lah say evo 7 look outdated.:bawling::bawling:huhuhuhu.i owned an evo 8.it might look outdated but most important is its part of the legendary evo family.many of us i'm sure would like to get an evo x.but cant afford it.so buy cheaper evo 1st.for those who can afford it,good for you n go ahead buy the evo x.

it all boils down to money.in my opinion go ahead with the lancer gt.if planned on converting it to evo x go ahead.i dunno if it will cost more to convert or cheaper to just buy the evo x.but be warned though,the evo x halfcut wont be cheap if it ever reach our shores.

Nobody
Helmet Clan
Dec 21, 2005
the look of evo X catched ur eyes & u r going to get lancer GT now then convert to evo X few years later once u settle down ur work?but how it going to be when evo 11 or 12 or 13 launch before u start ur conversion?

u r buying the car just becoz ur frens got some "fast ride" & u need something special to stand among them?if those r really ur frens,i dun think they mind even if u r just driving a wira.

or if u love evo so much,why dont u get a evo 7 or something close to ur budget?the choice is in ur hand if u got deep pocket,but seems like u r short of budget to get ur dream come true.so why dun keep the best for last instead of get something "wannabe" now & make it to something "outdated" later?

and fyi,not easy to maintain a turbo car,make sure u r ready for tis or else u will regret.

just my 2cents

johnnygsr

Known Member
Dec 24, 2005
the look of evo X catched ur eyes & u r going to get lancer GT now then convert to evo X few years later once u settle down ur work?but how it going to be when evo 11 or 12 or 13 launch before u start ur conversion?

u r buying the car just becoz ur frens got some "fast ride" & u need something special to stand among them?if those r really ur frens,i dun think they mind even if u r just driving a wira.

or if u love evo so much,why dont u get a evo 7 or something close to ur budget?the choice is in ur hand if u got deep pocket,but seems like u r short of budget to get ur dream come true.so why dun keep the best for last instead of get something "wannabe" now & make it to something "outdated" later?

and fyi,not easy to maintain a turbo car,make sure u r ready for tis or else u will regret.

just my 2cents
Bro.. Well said..

wira4life

Known Member
Feb 16, 2009
yah smallmaster. it's a bad idea to convert lancer GT to Evo X. Turbo not easy to maintain lar. better u buy silvia, rx8 or etc lar. can put 2JZ lar. boleh asap semua keta. kikikikiki. tink 100 times before buy lancer GT.:smokin:

Mistaken_Identity

2,000 RPM
Aug 11, 2005
Johore Bahru

EVO 7 looks outdated...????:hmmmm::hmmmm: I wonder what car do U drive bro...??

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

my Symptoms:

1.electronic device going crazy(RPM meter,temp meter,radio player,headlight) when gear is at Reverse.
2.when cruising,Symptoms 1 happen if acc pedal realease but all went normal if acc pedal is step on.
3.i perform DIM(do it myself) check,i touch a metal to car engine,there will be a spark..WTH..??

now my engine wont start at all..

any pointer,suggestion,diagnosis muchly appreciated. :adore:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience