b16a small vtec

integram

Known Member
Apr 10, 2007
guys i wud lyk to know da visual comparison between type r cam n stock vtec cam...thank u....

integram

Known Member
Apr 10, 2007
bien,
i wan to know da VISUAL difference bro....tks anyway....

DREAM

Known Member
May 27, 2004
wah, 400,000! Mine only 200,000 only, and it's due for overhaul already.. actually no, if it werent for the piston 1 valve leak. :P

Well, overhauling usually isn't as cheap as you think because new parts will cost s a lot more than used. esp. for certain items like rocker arms, tappets, etc, which can easily eclipse the price of a used PR-3 head.

in fact, some people simply buy another B16A engine kosong rather than fix, because it's cheaper, esp. if the original engine has too much worn parts.

To check your engine health, usually good mechanics can check visually for oil leaks and then do a compression/leakdown test to see if there's air leaks. sometimes just hearing the noise made can give clues already.

I only know Seong VTEC, Bkt. Kemuning Shah Alam, and LoChi, USJ1 Subang. Both knows VTEC engines because they work on them a lot. There's others, but I don't know them that well.

Good luck though, but remember that new parts will kill your budget pretty quickly at 2-3K. but if you just need to change seals, piston ring, valve grind and gasket, probably no.

RAM, welcome to ZTH.
Shiro,

can i hav their contact or address..?! I might giv them a visit for a complete 'health check' of my engine..

Thankss..

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

After months of spy shots, the next generation Mercedes-Benz CLS sports sedan has finally been officially <del datetime="2010-08-18T06:08:30+00:00">revealed</del> leaked. Even though Stuttgart has not yet released any information on the new CLS, a leak of the car's official brochure gives us a view of the production-ready version inside and out...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience