how can i improve my braking systems

KeMa

Known Member
Dec 31, 2004
Selangor
www.ithink2invest.com
Dear all sifus here.....

I'm using Toyota SE Limeted chasis (AE92) WITH 4A-GE 20v Blacktop engine...however i am still not satisfied with my brakes! Now i am using all 4 disk brake with twin port on the front and 11inch disk on the rear. My servor is double servor type with dot 4 in it....Please help me!!!

WrX7

Known Member
Jan 17, 2005
Visit site
bro, try get yourself braided hose and brake stopper too....it will significantly improve the braking....

if u have more budget...go for TRD brake pad...

katopunk

Known Member
May 18, 2006
mine, i also donno why... on disc hot that time, it will makan... if disc cold, tak makan one... anything to do with the brake pad? my one twinpot front.

KHWONG

3,000 RPM
Jun 29, 2006
bro katopunk.. shud be ur pad problem la.. cus got some pads is from 0-500 degree or 50-500 degree... correct me if wrong .. hahah

bro kema
for me my twinport enuf for me right now.. with new pads n skimmed disc 1 month be4...

bro u can try to change ur pad 1st...... if still no enuf . then go for 4 pot lo... hahahhah

7Heaven

7,000 RPM
May 30, 2005
Ipoh/Kelantan
mine, i also donno why... on disc hot that time, it will makan... if disc cold, tak makan one... anything to do with the brake pad? my one twinpot front.
huh cold brake not work good? normally cold la cantik, if hot the pad also not tahan oledi ma.....

im using the twin pot also but dun have problem....

try to check see got leaking or not also la.... scare got small leaking.....

KeMa

Known Member
Dec 31, 2004
Selangor
www.ithink2invest.com
OK..Let me make straight now....

I've did as what i mention earlier with all my brakes. At first i thought is ok. but when i send my car at PUSPAKOM i realize that the rear brake was fail to achive the minimum requirement. So i went back and do a fine tune on it...like bleed it. Then i went back the second time and the rear brake just manage to past the minimum requirement. I even test it myself. The test was ran using the PUSPAKOM machine which can tell you what is the force that is needed to stop your car when u press your brakes. for front brake i score quite ok...the score is 76/100

But the problem is for the rear i only score 43/100

the first try was only 26/100!!! during the first try when i test it myself it was very scary to know the performance of the rear disk brake.

so thats is why i am here to ask for y'all opinion on how to improve my brake.

chinozie

Very Young Member... :D
Jul 5, 2004
Damansara
4age20v.blogsome.com
1) how's ur disk surface conditions
2) what type of brake pad are currently using ?
3) have you did a proper brake bleeding
4) what tyre pressure are running on ?

cheers

2 Old 2 Rusty

1,500 RPM
Nov 18, 2006
KeMa,

Sine you're complaining on yr rear brakes' performance, maybe you can try doing this; did you know that the pistons in yr brake calipers can be adjusted ? Adjust the pistons further outward, that should improve yr braking coz the pistons will be nearer to yr discs, hence more pressure could be applied.

I had the same problem & I did what I mentioned above (with the help of my mech, of course) & changed the rear brake pads. Was using Don Advantage but I think they're lousy. Bendix Metal King's doing a better job; in my case.

The 11" disc makes no difference one la, bro. The calipers & brake pad size are still same. So meaning the contact surface is the same mar. The bigger disc will only help to disperse heat faster, that's all. & then again, how much heat can you generate fr the rr brakes. It looks nicer, I agree but more makan, dun think so.

If that doesn't work, go find a 2 pot rr disc brake.:regular_smile:

2 Old 2 Rusty

1,500 RPM
Nov 18, 2006
wow rear 2pot brake system!!! got ah, i wan also:_:
I believe the rear calipers from the Celica ST205 is a 2 pot & ventilated discs too.

However, having said that, can find / get or not, that's another story la. I myself have been looking for it for ages. When you finally finds one, they'll ask you for the price of an arm or leg :retarded: !

And a word of caution, I think if yr front is not a 4 pot set up, I'd advise you not to use a 2 pot up rear bcoz it'll likely to upset the bias of balance between front & rear distribution of brake force causing yr car prone to tail spin (especially in the wet).

I'm no expert, just sharing what I know.:_:

Last edited:

camp

Known Member
Mar 22, 2006
To all just want to asked regarding breakes, can the breakes piston be service?

2 Old 2 Rusty

1,500 RPM
Nov 18, 2006
To all just want to asked regarding breakes, can the breakes piston be service?
Yes, infact, you should; periodically. The rust & dirt will prevent the brake pistons from gliding smoothly if it's not cleaned, hence sometimes even causing the brakes to jam. Brake fluid should be changed too, once a while.

KeMa

Known Member
Dec 31, 2004
Selangor
www.ithink2invest.com
i did adjusted the pistons for the rear disk break and yes, i am using metal king brake pad. However with this i juts merely pass the braking test from PUSPAKOM. what else should i do then....other than change to a twin port caliper...huhuh

it is possible for me to change to a bigger brake servor and master pump? what is the most powerfull brake servor can be fited in my AE92???

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Anyway around kl or selangor doing custom* engine parts like customer intake manifold and crankshafts?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience