R3-Satria (gti)

prozac

1,000 RPM
Jan 18, 2004
Visit site
20hp has been added to the SSO version. I would say you'll only achieve that figure once you've added Stage 2 and Stage 3 upgrade kits.

Ori 4G93P (Mitsu ECU) does have 140hp, but the Siemens ECU dropped that down to 132hp. This drop probably due to the meeting of Euro 2 emissions. If it doesn't meet those regulations, cannot sell in UK and OZ if i'm not mistaken.

chooz

500 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
klang valley
members.cardomain.com
the later gtis only have 118hp..

but as adian said.. the R3 has some extra hidden power to be unleashed!
wahahaha.. cool :)

hmm btw...
i saw one R3 on the road already..
at enak saji tmn bahagia.
looks quite ok.. B)

prozac

1,000 RPM
Jan 18, 2004
Visit site
Hahah everyone's starting to sound like a bored kid on a long journey, "Are we there yet?"

But...1 MONTH is a little too long a wait for the first batch of owners. Reiterating handsome's statements; we need answers.

Crash

1,500 RPM
Dec 2, 2003
Kay-El
vernonchan.com
Its hard to know the real output figures really, unless dynoed, which I would definitely do once I get the car. Quite curious to know REAL figures.

SGTis, Putras and Wira LEs were all quoted as 133bhp at the flywheel. 140bhp on the R3 isn't all that great, but the power-to-weight definitely beats all the rest. In fact, I actually expected more, as initial reports were 145bhp.

You can 'unleash' a little more (about 6bhp) by removing the cat and replacing it with an exclusive 'R3' pipe, tucked away in the boot for safe measure. :D

Seraph

2,000 RPM
Jun 20, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
Visit site
Thats why.....excited to know its real world performance and attributes mah ;)
It might look good on paper but like in football, we don't drive on paper :lol:

Crash

1,500 RPM
Dec 2, 2003
Kay-El
vernonchan.com
Originally posted by Seraph@Nov 19 2004, 16:36
Thats why.....excited to know its real world performance and attributes mah ;)
It might look good on paper but like in football, we don't drive on paper :lol:
seraph, that was a good one! *nobody drives on paper* :D hehhehe

prozac

1,000 RPM
Jan 18, 2004
Visit site
Eh...crash are you planning to do the dyno once you get the car? or wait till like 5000km first?

I heard somewhere that you're supposed to rev the engine kau2 before 100km mileage to seat the piston rings properly to maximise potential. And doing a dyno is one way to do just that.

Crash

1,500 RPM
Dec 2, 2003
Kay-El
vernonchan.com
I think 1000-3000km is enough to run-in the engine. I dunno for sure, but a little bird told me to go long distance at constant speed and RPM where possible to ensure its run-in properly.

Really have no idea what's the proper way. Anyone?

We should all meet up and go for a dyno session at Speedworks or something. Should be fun :)

prozac

1,000 RPM
Jan 18, 2004
Visit site
Originally posted by Crash@Nov 19 2004, 19:53
We should all meet up and go for a dyno session at Speedworks or something. Should be fun :)
Here's the controversial article regarding engine break-in:

http://www.mototuneusa.com/break_in_secrets.htm

From what I read, there is no harm in performing the mentioned actions. The user manual only states that you cannot drive for long distances above a certain speed; nothing about an RPM limit. So the classical break-in theory and this controversial method do co-exist.

BTW, one of the methods used to also break-in a car is through a dyno. So, let's do the dyno when we get our cars :D

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

See yourself as a race car driver but don't know where or how to kickstart this glamorous career? Wonder no more as the 2 great motorsport forces of Malaysia, TOC Automotive College (TOC) and professional race team Aylezo Motorsports have recently collaborated to form the TOC-Aylezo Racing Academy...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience