4k salary can buy what car?

b00n

3,000 RPM
Aug 16, 2005
KL
haha...no no no...
we're just ask the guy to think carefully in order not to overspend....
kekekeke

just friendly advise since the topic is "4k salary can buy what car?". Unless the topic is "Monthly 4K extra, what car can buy"........wow that would be great........!
wakakakakaka

lil_piggy2

Known Member
Jun 5, 2006
Ingolstadt and Doink, I am not sure about the rest of the brothers here... But I am talking from my own experience... and therefore would not like others to suffer as much as I did...
When I first got my prelude... I tot I was the king of the road lar.. my sportscar out liao.. and no one seems to have any car quite like it on the road.... my first 3-4 months was superb.... very nice... my monthly installment all in time and expenses balance... but then... my nightmare started... all my 4 tyres botak liao. need to change... tyres... bloody RM1400 gone... good thing didn't change to my 18 inc rims yet.... else would probably be 2-3k ...... then next.. bloody Gearbox give way.... have to search for gearbox... found one... but its god damn 5k for it.... no more savings for a few months.. sum more must pinjam money to pay.... then when debts are stable again... cleared most of it liao... thats when roadtax and insurance comes in... RM3000 down the drain again.... before i know it.. my suspension needs to change already.... due is another RM2000 at least.... so you see... when u get a recond car... this tends to happen lar... like it or not... so no matter what u guys think.. its not just simply about whether u really want the car or not... but can u survive while owning the car... in addition... when the chics comes in.. your pocket hole burns even bigger.... life is not just about cars lar... i stick to my earlier advise....go and get a new car.... or get yourself a damn good condition old sportscar ... like MR2, 200sx, prelude, integra.... they may be old... and parts are due to change.. but their parts are easier to find and is cheaper.... also.. when u invest lesser in the car.. u have more money to maintain it lar.. insurance also cheaper lar... but then its a car for life lar... not easy to sell liao....

oh yeah.. almost forgot to mention... u guys say.. wanna sell the car off 2 years later... let me put a lil reality situation here.. you buy your car for 140k... and then 2 years down the road.. your car is unbarable anymore... u wanna sell it off... u think u can sell it for 130k??? if u get 120k.. u should be laughing to the bank liao... no bro... trade in value is is probably only 90k.... or less... and if u wanna sell it off to another user.. u are exposed to risk of robbery and such.... I am saying this coz i have experienced this... bloody buyer rob me of my brand new Motorola V3i.... and i just got it that month..... thats the risk of selling the car yourself.....

these are the risk u expose yourself when u get yourself a sportscar of that nature....

b00n

3,000 RPM
Aug 16, 2005
KL
i knoe of a motivator who's earning 5 figure monthly.......
and u know wat?.......he's only driving a kelisa....!

yeah it all depends on your needs and how u felt the car is to you....
anyway if u really like a sports car or luxury car; pls make sure ur able to survive after deducting ur monthly expenses to see whether or not affordable.....

anyway, attached is a budget planner in excel to calculate ur month spending vs ur monthly income...
nice one I recieved from forwarded mails.......
from the calculation and tables/charts; u could basically identify whre most of your money goes to...

Last edited:

BlackSamurai

9,000 RPM
Sep 2, 2004
near 7-11
www.hcc.ne1.net
my advise, keep RM10K-RM15K in the pocket for maintenance, roadtax, wear and tear (sometime tear come out also), maybe he can get the maintenance cost from other Silvia owner.

b00n

3,000 RPM
Aug 16, 2005
KL
it's a zip file....I can see it here...
kekeke
if anyone wants, I can always email them.........just PM me ur email addie and purpose...
kekekeke

just doing the right thing........I'm not into financial planning business though.....hahaha

tuned

Noob
Jul 4, 2005
Shah Alam
well with 4k of salary...
banks would allow a max of 1.4k of monthly instalment....

hence, with the average int. rate of 4.5%.....that monthly instalment can only bring as far as 90k max for a 7 year loan....hence....unless your fren has a 50k downpayment...with no other commitments....yeah..a S15's possible...not feasible though....

zephyr3d

3,000 RPM
Apr 29, 2005
near steven's
this type of question also can ask?

it depends on how much u gonna pay for the downpayment as well man.

full loan ar? 4k happy paying la... work for your car.. :P

i seriously respect those type of ppl man. Salute.

eh.. no meaning to instigate anything. .but really... i can't do that.

Ingolstadt

500 RPM
Dec 26, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
www.evomalaysia.com
lil_piggy2 said:
but then... my nightmare started... all my 4 tyres botak liao. need to change... tyres... bloody RM1400 gone... good thing didn't change to my 18 inc rims yet....
Hey dude, why at the first place you opt for tyres THAT expensive? I'm on 17"s and i never buy new tyres. I just head to Klang, spot on some nice ones, grab them, i got 2 Yokohamas for RM100 each 215/45/17, and 2 Good Year F1 225/45/17 (From German :) ) for RM110 each. All still had around 70%, year 2003. I did not ever thought of using those expensive tyres cos i know how fast or how aggresive i'm driving, maybe how slow i'm driving.
lil_piggy2 said:
else would probably be 2-3k ...... then next.. bloody Gearbox give way.... have to search for gearbox... found one... but its god damn 5k for it.... no more savings for a few months.. sum more must pinjam money to pay.... then when debts are stable again... cleared most of it liao... thats when roadtax and insurance comes in... RM3000 down the drain again....

Sorry for the gearbox, but the insurance and roadtax .... hey, you knew it already, it's not sudden thingy right?
lil_piggy2 said:
before i know it.. my suspension needs to change already.... due is another RM2000 at least....
How teruk is your suspension? If you're driving a Kancil, would you even care bout the suspension? or Kancil's suspension are made of titaniums? It's the mentality of keeping your car in optimum condition cos you liked it, but we have to reach a balance there, not everything must be tip top.
lil_piggy2 said:
in addition... when the chics comes in.. your pocket hole burns even bigger.... life is not just about cars lar...
Common dude .... wat did ya spend? wat kinda chick are those?
lil_piggy2 said:
or get yourself a damn good condition old sportscar ... like MR2, 200sx, prelude, integra.... they may be old... and parts are due to change.. but their parts are easier to find and is cheaper.... also.. when u invest lesser in the car.. u have more money to maintain it lar.. insurance also cheaper lar... but then its a car for life lar... not easy to sell liao....
I seriously think that a S15 is easier to maintain that those old heroes.
lil_piggy2 said:
oh yeah.. almost forgot to mention... u guys say.. wanna sell the car off 2 years later... let me put a lil reality situation here.. you buy your car for 140k... and then 2 years down the road.. your car is unbarable anymore... u wanna sell it off... u think u can sell it for 130k??? if u get 120k.. u should be laughing to the bank liao... no bro... trade in value is is probably only 90k.... or less...
Again, expected ler... but your earnings should also gain marginally right?
lil_piggy2 said:
and if u wanna sell it off to another user.. u are exposed to risk of robbery and such.... I am saying this coz i have experienced this... bloody buyer rob me of my brand new Motorola V3i.... and i just got it that month..... thats the risk of selling the car yourself.....
This is pure unlucky. Funny you got rob trying to sell the car... haha

lil_piggy2 said:
these are the risk u expose yourself when u get yourself a sportscar of that nature....
So in the end. .. are you dead yet? or still a happy prelude owner? P.S. your car looks great.

prodigy

2,000 RPM
Nov 15, 2003
Ingolstadt said:
And you wont regret it if you really liked the car. People could accept some chap spending 70% of their income on hobbies (sky diving, skating, clubbing) but cant accept spending that sort of ratio of income on a car - WHY? People take cars as appliances. I dont think car enthusiast do, look at those drifters, they spend alot on their hobbies, so why not? If your friend felt comfortable with it, just freaking get it.

And of, which guy said have to spend RM300 every month to maintain? what kinda car you think he's getting? a Ferrari? Just go ahead, and 5 years down the road if your friend died because of that car, i'll chop my head down and sell it on Ebay as a reminder for car enthusiast. If one wont die, go try.
If you ever own a Ferrari, you will know RM300 would probably just get you a keychain with the prancing horse in it.

If you average out per year, RM300/month really is no big deal, even for a Waja or Wira. What more for a S15. On clutch alone, you probably spend like RM800. And then you have, say a conservative tyre size of 16" that you need to change for about RM2000. And then there's brake pads. So tell me are you not gonna spend RM3600 per year just on maintenance. Either that or my maths is failing me coz from your previous post, i understand you ride an A4. So you don't spend more than RM3000 per year? When you drive a S15, i don't suppose you're gonna use cheapo second hand parts that'll break down anytime. Or use a India made 16" tyre that cost RM200/tyre. Or do you under declare your road tax? How about the insurance?

On working your ass off just to suppose a S15. I'm sure you're referring to those crazy ass Americans who hold a simple job in the day but live their life long childhood dreams of owning a muscle car or something like that. They probably spend like 70% of their income just on the cars. I'm sorry but i think one in a million Malaysian would probably do that. Its simply impossible for Malaysians to do that. We have so many other priorities. Education, house loan, support your parents and etc.

Ingolstadt

500 RPM
Dec 26, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
www.evomalaysia.com
Okay, prodigy, i agree on the maintenance part. But i havent seasoned on my car yet.... if you add up the total cost of one huge servicing, then spread them apart, RM300 a month is no big deal, but i beg to differ if that kinda average were to span for the next 7 years.

Speaking about tyres, that is one of the thing i would not spend much on. My bro just bought 4 brand new falkens, RM180 per tyre. 205/45/17

me? i only buy 2nd hand tyres. able to picked some real nice ones ...

all i mean is, if he's getting a S15 to used it as what its meant to be, then it'll be costly. Hey, my friend maintains a RX8 with RM2200 salary. He bought it off lar ofcourse, but still that's a fuel guzzler .... okokok brandnew car. but already 2 years now ... :)