What is your first car?

K_Takuya

Moderate Moderator
Helmet Clan
Sep 1, 2005
Limau bali,Ipoh
i'm rotating my kelisa tyres every oil change coz it's driven sanely but for my snailed kancil is a no no coz the way i'm driving it, a small touge in bukit langat everyday 5days a week & enjoying the kepish sound everytime driving it, front alwez have to go 1st than rear. for the last 2 years changed both front 3x & rear only once. but i do rotate right to left vice versa every oil change both front & back:driver:
Always keep in check..good !!

K_Takuya

Moderate Moderator
Helmet Clan
Sep 1, 2005
Limau bali,Ipoh
Yup, highest was 506km prior to Fuel Pump upgrade, then avg around 400-450km depending on driving conditions :driver:
I love my wira fc too.. ipoh-kl RM20-30...(max 120-130)

Quite on par with my elantra n city

Jac83

Known Member
Apr 29, 2007
I think many of these powerful engines do benefit more in long distance cruising.

I've been to KL several times. From the way I see it, I don't think I can do much with cars over there especially if I don't have a house. Living in apartment or flats means need to leave the car downstairs at parking lot. Driving around KL also need to consider parking rates and which area got traffic jam or not... Not that fun anymore when you drive manual and stuck in traffic jam for more than an hour...

Maybe I'm just a kampung-minded fella myself. Many of my same age friends (23 years old) prefer city life than Ipoh life. Anyway, currently fresh grad salary for Ipoh is also around RM2k plus. Probably few hundred RM lower than KL rates. But living in Ipoh will at least reduce my expenses in terms of room rental, food, highway toll rates, petrol bill...
Difference of a few hundred bucks are nothing if u are staying at K.L.:laugh:. Easily consumed by additional fuel needed on the road, room rental, and clubbing lol. City life is only good if u got the $$$:rofl:

K_Takuya

Moderate Moderator
Helmet Clan
Sep 1, 2005
Limau bali,Ipoh
If u r born in kl..u can adapt working in kl..even if u have relative ( means can be freeloader) ..or if u strike a fortune in kl..

But if u r not..better work in ur hometown.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

Jac83

Known Member
Apr 29, 2007
What i mean is to regular rotate tyre at certain interval let say every 10km ...instead to wait front botak first and bring rear to front

Isn't 10km is bit too short of an interval for tire rotation? Perhaps u meant 10k km?

I'll say tire rotation pretty much depend on how heavy and how hard the user is lol. Heavy user should should rotate every 10k km. If the car is less often driven, then perhaps yearly interval should be applied for tire rotation.

As for hard user(touge king, drift king or drag king), rotate whenever needed:rofl:

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
I've been to KL several times. From the way I see it, I don't think I can do much with cars over there especially if I don't have a house. Living in apartment or flats means need to leave the car downstairs at parking lot. Driving around KL also need to consider parking rates and which area got traffic jam or not... Not that fun anymore when you drive manual and stuck in traffic jam for more than an hour...

Maybe I'm just a kampung-minded fella myself. Many of my same age friends (23 years old) prefer city life than Ipoh life. Anyway, currently fresh grad salary for Ipoh is also around RM2k plus. Probably few hundred RM lower than KL rates. But living in Ipoh will at least reduce my expenses in terms of room rental, food, highway toll rates, petrol bill...
Hello, Ipoh not kampung lah! have City status dy, unless you are from Taiping, Teluk Intan, Sungai Siput.....hahhahhah

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Rotate and change 2 tires one time is a good idea..but a bit dangerous..as wait "tayar botak" ur cornering and braking is at stake.

Let say u manage to rotate after 2-3 years..the rotate tyre almost "keras"
Actually not dangerous and better than 4 tyre change. 2 tyre change means every time at least 2 tyres still have thread pattern. If do 4 tyre change and keep rotating the tyres at the end you actually have 4 bald tyres....:driver:
2 tyre change means faster change means won't last more than 4 years. If keep rotating probably last longer but more than 4 years is not good either.....hhahhahah

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Difference of a few hundred bucks are nothing if u are staying at K.L.:laugh:. Easily consumed by additional fuel needed on the road, room rental, and clubbing lol. City life is only good if u got the $$$:rofl:
That is what I am trying to say. The extra few hundred bucks won't do any good in KL. Probably end up saving lesser money than being in Ipoh.

But one thing that I can't deny is that salary increment in KL is way faster than in Ipoh. Some said in KL, working experience less than 10 years can increase until 5 to 6k a month... Ipoh I think if you can get 4k a month within that period of time, you can consider yourself as lucky already... But at the end, buying a house at KL is another killer factor...

If u r born in kl..u can adapt working in kl..even if u have relative ( means can be freeloader) ..or if u strike a fortune in kl..

But if u r not..better work in ur hometown.

Hahahaha, that is why you are staying at Ipoh too?

I don't think I can adapt well at KL. People over there are too diverse. Foreign workers here and there (even at retail chain outlets) which shocked me. Ipoh rarely can find foreign workers at retail chain outlets. Still many Malays working around retail chains. Feels more comfortable and homely because all locals. I went to KL and suddenly feel like, why suddenly foreign workers everywhere? Some even replied me in weird Malay accent. I'm good at speaking in Malay but sometimes I feel like I din't even know what the foreign workers are saying. :confused:

Hello, Ipoh not kampung lah! have City status dy, unless you are from Taiping, Teluk Intan, Sungai Siput.....hahhahhah
No joke but Taiping nowadays quite big already although I haven't paid a visit there for many many years. I know they have Tesco, Aeon over there now. If I am not mistaken, I think you occasionally go to Taiping isn't it? :biggrin:

mirage-rs

Known Member
Jul 2, 2010
Kajang
touger.wordpress.com
From your name and display pic, I thought you are driving Satria with MIVEC engine. :rofl: Din't know you are actually driving something much better. Well, good thing you din't ask for help from those highway towtruck services. Heard a lot of bad stories about them.

New car nowadays everything also expensive even for normal cars. And a lot of these high tech cars won't even start if the ECU detects something that is wrong. Troublesome... I witness before one of my neighbour's Ford Fiesta which broke down until it needed a flatbed truck to bring it away from home. In fact, I saw it happened twice. What a terrible car, less than 5 years old.
hohohohoho.... The satria is still around. Warm her up on the weekends. Most of the time she's under the car cover. My first love and will always be:proud::proud::proud::proud::proud: Its running on puny engine only... dunwan to have headache like my other friends... cursing to find a replacement mivec solenoid... due to its getting lesser at halfcuts... good engine but already considered niche vintage... unlike the B series of hondas where you can get every bit anywhere... :burnout::burnout::burnout:

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
hohohohoho.... The satria is still around. Warm her up on the weekends. Most of the time she's under the car cover. My first love and will always be:proud::proud::proud::proud::proud: Its running on puny engine only... dunwan to have headache like my other friends... cursing to find a replacement mivec solenoid... due to its getting lesser at halfcuts... good engine but already considered niche vintage... unlike the B series of hondas where you can get every bit anywhere... :burnout::burnout::burnout:
Hehehe, you remember your roots and origins well. Despite upgrading to Merc, you still like your humble Satria. Some rich people thought that these cars are just cheap junk or tin cans which makes me feel quite offended.

You are not the first one who told me to avoid 4G92 MIVEC. Some stated that MIVEC should be avoided due to difficulties in finding spare parts such as the driveshaft. And MIVEC is not a puny engine... How many cars nowadays can rev up to 8k rpm. Most of them are expensive cars. Except one that I know of. Low power but can reach 8k rpm redline. Perodua Viva 660. :biggrin:

mag9556

2,000 RPM
Jul 11, 2006
Maybe our local Malaysian and Singaporean girls are abit more demanding especially chinese girls. :rofl:

You are right about the two different scenario/alternatives in job. I'm currently still thinking about which one should I take. I'll be graduating next year and joining the workforce soon enough... Still thinking should I try my luck at KL or stay in Ipoh first. Some of my friends from Ipoh who went to KL is really struggling as their salary is around RM2.5k or so. They need to rent a room, pay car installment, food and all that... That is why I am thinking that I should probably stay in Ipoh for now... Plus I can avoid traffic jams and I have my own house to stay and play around with the car at the car porch... All these will be gone if I stay at KL while renting a room...
:
Dont look down on yourself coz we do not know what will happen towards our future..
FYI my wife is Singaporean:biggrin::biggrin:

Depends on what actually you want towards your career since what you choose now is what you will have in future..
Take opportunity to learn since you are still single and treat this as challenge to yourself.
Still remember I start my work at year 1999 in a finance where my salary just 736.80 as basic.
By the way.. sorry ya.. me Diploma also dont have, drop off due to no money to take the exam..

Discuss with your family and plan what you want, now is time to be adult to think by your own already..(like apek only:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:)..

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Dont look down on yourself coz we do not know what will happen towards our future..

Depends on what actually you want towards your career since what you choose now is what you will have in future..
Take opportunity to learn since you are still single and treat this as challenge to yourself.
Still remember I start my work at year 1999 in a finance where my salary just 736.80 as basic.
By the way.. sorry ya.. me Diploma also dont have, drop off due to no money to take the exam..

Discuss with your family and plan what you want, now is time to be adult to think by your own already..(like apek only:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:)..
Thanks for your advice. Din't look down on myself. Just din't get my hopes up too high only.

About what I want in my career, I need to think more carefully about it. Sometimes our needs will also change as we grow older. Things and events happen and it can even drastically change what we have planned beforehand. Like today, I'm all crazy about saving up for a performance car. But who knows if 10 years later I have a girlfriend or wife, I might put aside this idea and focus on my own family instead. Only if I am fortunate enough to get married by then la. :biggrin:

Meanwhile, most of my family members are suggesting me to become a teacher at school. :rofl:

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
No joke but Taiping nowadays quite big already although I haven't paid a visit there for many many years. I know they have Tesco, Aeon over there now. If I am not mistaken, I think you occasionally go to Taiping isn't it? :biggrin:
Taiping even though have Aeon,, Giant and Tesco, still small compared to Ipoh. Ipoh I heard 3rd Aeon opening, right? at Farlim something like that.

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya

Woh! you also rank and file guy, like me started from warehouse to clerk, to executive and so on...lol

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi guys,
i have door panels for wira special edition and the new perdana v6 for sale.
price is rm450 and 650 respectively. call me 0122956654
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience