Lightweight Rims 4x108

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
hahaha, unless examine the rims using x-ray machine........to detect any micro cracks, etc. Like CSI oredi.....

The cheating boss of the rim shop sure gonna pissed and worried....

---------- Post added at 07:01 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 06:57 AM ----------

That is right...
Slowly shop for rims to get the cun-cun ones.
The "slow" also implies one to spend enuf time and to save lots of dough to make make huge payment. :biggrin:
Problem is naked eye cannot tell the difference but user can be in danger because the shop want good profit....:banghead:

PCD 108 have how slowly slowly shop for it....:biggrin:

marv3

Known Member
Jun 5, 2014
Kuala Lumpur
Marv, I have the same experience as you do. My ex 206 also on PCD108. What I did was i bought the rim I wanted then together with the stock rim. It was brought to a machine shop in Jln Chan Sow Lin to have a set of Aluminium Alloy adapter made. I change my PCD from 108 to 100. Front thickness was half inch and the rear 1 inch. I ran with this setup until I sold my car and recently I was tagged in a pic as the car was spotted in Kuantan. It still have the adapter spacer but owner has changed to another set of rims.

I have used Advanti, replica rims before and Izso was kind enough to say I'm nuts/crazy for using replica rims on track. Yup. I was running replica rims on track days and time attack but I've already moved away from replica rims reason is they are light even lighter than Advanti but be prepared to pay for the higher price. Advanti are good rims and I have no regret on using them previously on my ex car. You can find used cast japan rims like the 57C or the WORKS CR Kai..etc..Forged rims are more expensive but they are still prone to dents and crack if they are hit hard.

Just slowly shop for your rims, no need to hurry. Cheers.

Thank you for your input TitanRev. Appreciate it yo.....

How heavy is your adapter ya? Agak-agak for the 1inch ones.....

I shall take my time to look at my rims. If cannot, then just follow your step and do the adaptors:biggrin::biggrin:

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
Thank you for your input TitanRev. Appreciate it yo.....

How heavy is your adapter ya? Agak-agak for the 1inch ones.....

I shall take my time to look at my rims. If cannot, then just follow your step and do the adaptors:biggrin::biggrin:
I forgot how much was the weight but I won't say it's too heavy or light. Thing with adapters is you need to use good material to begin with and a good machine shop that would machine it with high precision and balanced it. The shop I sent to was making adapters for old VW beetle.

Some go for steel to make adapters but I don't really recommend that coz it's heavy and it rust. I try to find back my album if there's pic of the spacer on my car. That would help.

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
Steel adapters are almost half price of aluminium ones. But, aluminium ones wont be so expensive...
Oso, make sure the studs used are good quality ones.

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
I forgot how much was the weight but I won't say it's too heavy or light. Thing with adapters is you need to use good material to begin with and a good machine shop that would machine it with high precision and balanced it. The shop I sent to was making adapters for old VW beetle.

Some go for steel to make adapters but I don't really recommend that coz it's heavy and it rust. I try to find back my album if there's pic of the spacer on my car. That would help.
Don't play play with inferior material, later the wheel fly out.....:banghead:

marv3

Known Member
Jun 5, 2014
Kuala Lumpur
Hey guys.....I just found out the product code for my rims.....Can anyone advise what the offset is from this number? 8J18CH4-34

I am not sure if the offset is -34mm or +34mm. From the number it looks like -34mm. But since i was told that MOST cars manufacture now will use positive offset, i am not sure now. And plus, my rims is sitting inside the fender, which means is positive offset right?

Do advise.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Hey guys.....I just found out the product code for my rims.....Can anyone advise what the offset is from this number? 8J18CH4-34

I am not sure if the offset is -34mm or +34mm. From the number it looks like -34mm. But since i was told that MOST cars manufacture now will use positive offset, i am not sure now. And plus, my rims is sitting inside the fender, which means is positive offset right?

Do advise.
Code : 8J18CH4-34

8 : inside width of the rim in inches
J : Flange profile (J shaped)
18 : Outside diameter, same as tyre diameter (inches)
CH : Profile of safety device for fitment of the lip of the tyre
4 : number of lugnut holes
34 : Offset in mm.

Got this off a Peugeot website. So it looks like it's +34 cuz if it were -34 it'd be pretty deep dish. But since it's not, it's probably +34.

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Actually +34 for your car means the hub is set further in. Most other cars are 40 plus PCD

KenDiriwan

1,000 RPM
Mar 15, 2006
kendiriwan.multiply.com

Do advise.
Positive.
Negative offset wheel will have bowl look.

Here's an example of low/negative offset wheel:

And here's positive

marv3

Known Member
Jun 5, 2014
Kuala Lumpur
So now we have established that my stock rims offset is +34mm and i still have 20mm of gap to the fender, so i need to look for rims with +14mm offset in order for the rims to be flushed with the fender?? Correct ah? :confused:

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
So now we have established that my stock rims offset is +34mm and i still have 20mm of gap to the fender, so i need to look for rims with +14mm offset in order for the rims to be flushed with the fender?? Correct ah? :confused:
Yup....:driver:

marv3

Known Member
Jun 5, 2014
Kuala Lumpur
Got rims with this type of offset meh? Because most of the rims i see, is all like 30 plus or 40 plus.......Never see such a small figure before....

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Got rims with this type of offset meh? Because most of the rims i see, is all like 30 plus or 40 plus.......Never see such a small figure before....
Got zero and minus even, but probably not with your PCD......:smokin:

marv3

Known Member
Jun 5, 2014
Kuala Lumpur
All the rims i see is like big numbers. 30-40. I never come across 14 or close to this figure :banghead:

Well......At this rate, i think using an adaptor seems to be the option that is shining....Hahahahahah

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi all,

on most tri y headers, i noticed pairing of cylinder 1 and 4, 2 and 3 (1-4, 2-3) which forms non-sequential header but i saw some tri y headers have pairings of 1-2, 3-4 which forms sequential header

im hunting for new tri y header but im confused with which one to choose to suit overall street performance output

anyone can enlighten me on the effect of pairings of header primaries on the power curve?
it will be good if i know the difference so i can choose which one is...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience