Overstrecthed tyres, pros & con ?

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
haha..
moral of the story..
just stick to stock OEM..
reliable..practical..nil headache..and safe..
no need modi or else..
:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
Well I think we also never suggest to always stick to std OEM and not mod at all bro. :)
Most of my cars also got some mods and upgrades like suspension, rims & tires, brakes, performance, audio, etc2. but all done to improve the cars and benefit the driver, none will be detrimental. As long as the mod is done properly within the technical specs and capability of the cars and the equipment, then it should be fine.

zul_klasik

Known Member
Mar 15, 2010
hahaha..:biggrin:
chill la broo..
seems "like" u "bang" my previous 2 reply
jus like i said b4..
just sharing my thought and few months experience for such "tyre strecth" things..
furthermore, im not forcing anyone to do such things..
anything we did, sure there is pro and cons rite..
hahaha..
cool daddy..
im just noob here..:itsme:

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
hahaha..:biggrin:
chill la broo..
seems "like" u "bang" my previous 2 reply
jus like i said b4..
just sharing my thought and few months experience for such "tyre strecth" things..
furthermore, im not forcing anyone to do such things..
anything we did, sure there is pro and cons rite..
hahaha..
cool daddy..
im just noob here..:itsme:
Hahaha, I don't "bang" your replies. I'd rather bang my head listening to heavy metal music. I just try to correct and clarify if I saw something not right.
IMHO some things got pros & cons, some got pros only, and some got cons only, not everything got both.

Cool daddy...hmm yes I'm a daddy but don't call me that coz I'm not your daddy and if heard/read by my wife later can cause big suspicion and fight in my home. :biggrin:

Cheers dude.

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
stance and fitment philosophy = haters always hate our scene..huhuh
I don't hate your "scene" or your "philosophy". I don't even care if a person likes to screw cows (which is illegal by the way). Just don't do it in a way that affects me.

If you are at an auto show, I will give a thumbs up to your car with its "stance" and its "philosophy".
If you are driving on public roads, please make sure your vehicle is safe, else I will give a big F**K YOU.

YYC explained why it is dangerous. Cars, rims, tyres are all SCIENTIFIC, its not a philosophy. You stretch the tyre beyond its designed range, it will fail.

And as I've said before, you can bang a tree if you like, other road users are innocent. The roads don't belong to your father.

80km/h doesn't seem fast, try imagine something hitting you at 80km/h.

For example, THIS
http://youtu.be/VEosuGzSbng?t=30s

Last edited:

zul_klasik

Known Member
Mar 15, 2010
Haha..chill bro..
Even oem car acting like a damn..
Based on the above post,u quote my reply..
And stated me as "you"..and a big FCK??
Chill bro..
I dont even raised any issue..
As i mentioned b4,just SHARING MY THOUGHT..
And
And i respect others comment without arguing anything..
Everyone has their own mind set..
I respect ur comment but plsss...dont say FCK YOU to me..
Strecth tyre thing came from hellaflush/stance scene..
Meanwhile,this things is not origin from malaysia too..
Dont FCK ME..maybe u can make a inquiries to Fatlace/Illest for this strecth tyre issue..
Again,i just sharing my thought..not forcing anyone to follow it..

I share one video..
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cq7hcGWTsBo&feature=youtube_gdata_player
Most of them having negative camber..wide rim..and stretch tyre..
Maybe u can FCK them tooooo

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Well I think we also never suggest to always stick to std OEM and not mod at all bro. :)
Most of my cars also got some mods and upgrades like suspension, rims & tires, brakes, performance, audio, etc2. but all done to improve the cars and benefit the driver, none will be detrimental. As long as the mod is done properly within the technical specs and capability of the cars and the equipment, then it should be fine.
Mod sure have as in upgrade but as mentioned by you should be within specifications....:driver:

YYC

1,500 RPM
Dec 30, 2007
Kuala Lumpur
I don't hate your "scene" or your "philosophy". I don't even care if a person likes to screw cows (which is illegal by the way). Just don't do it in a way that affects me.

If you are at an auto show, I will give a thumbs up to your car with its "stance" and its "philosophy".
If you are driving on public roads, please make sure your vehicle is safe, else I will give a big F**K YOU.

YYC explained why it is dangerous. Cars, rims, tyres are all SCIENTIFIC, its not a philosophy. You stretch the tyre beyond its designed range, it will fail.

And as I've said before, you can bang a tree if you like, other road users are innocent. The roads don't belong to your father.

80km/h doesn't seem fast, try imagine something hitting you at 80km/h.

For example, THIS
High Speed Tire Blowout - YouTube
Oh that poor tree has a right too la, bro! LOL

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
zul, since you are on stance. I'm just curious and wanted to know really badly....with such setting, do you dare to corner really hard or do touge or spirited driving or bring it to track? just wanted to know

esthapo

Trail Bomber
Mar 31, 2006
Sister'sBedroom
Hahahaa don't think they can do that Titan. saw many stanced cars go slow on corners & the wheel arch shredding the tires...never in my life those car able to pass my car coz cant drive fast on corners I believe...even straight line also sometimes slow due to uneven road...faster u drive, faster the tire shred I believe...haha

pwhyze

500 RPM
Mar 1, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
Haha..chill bro..
Even oem car acting like a damn..
Based on the above post,u quote my reply..
And stated me as "you"..and a big FCK??
Chill bro..
I dont even raised any issue..
As i mentioned b4,just SHARING MY THOUGHT..
And
And i respect others comment without arguing anything..
Everyone has their own mind set..
I respect ur comment but plsss...dont say FCK YOU to me..
Strecth tyre thing came from hellaflush/stance scene..
Meanwhile,this things is not origin from malaysia too..
Dont FCK ME..maybe u can make a inquiries to Fatlace/Illest for this strecth tyre issue..
Again,i just sharing my thought..not forcing anyone to follow it..

I share one video..
He only meant to say it to those who disregard safety in doing the mods, not the trend in general. It goes beyond stance. Any mods should be done properly, be it for speed or stance.

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
I share one video..
I cannot stand watching such video. Feel sorry for the cars, and I find it odd that the owners are willing to torture the cars and themselves to such extreme. Anyway it's their money, their cars, their joy or pain, I don't care as long as they don't affect me if I meet them someday on the road! :burnout:

nadziad

Known Member
May 14, 2011
johor
i have done the stretch tyre before..before my car tyre setup is 195/50 r16 on a r16 with 7.5 jj on rear and this is happen when i drive very fast with this tyre

Attachments

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
i have done the stretch tyre before..before my car tyre setup is 195/50 r16 on a r16 with 7.5 jj on rear and this is happen when i drive very fast with this tyre
Actually 195 on a 7.5jj is still borderline just before start stretching. I had once used such fitment before for a few years without problems but not ideal.

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
Just because you didn't have any problems doesn't mean its safe, you were just lucky. Seriously dickheads who wanna go "stance" and shit, it is absolutely fine, just do it at your own driveway at your house, or go do it at a private track like sepang. the road don't belong to your father.

douchebags.

think about it, it takes one scumbag with "stance" and shit to blow a tyre on a highway, take out 7 or 8 cars, get 2 people killed, and the government, JPJ and police will make ALL car modifications illegal because it is unsafe, and I won't blame em.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi guys..please advise me..below is my current mod for my RB20DET engine..
a) Garret AR80 turbine
b) front mount custom intercooler( about same with gtr ) with 2.5 inch s/steel intercooler piping
c) Apexi super air flow filter
d) BLITZ dual stage boost controller (DSBC)
e) HKS SSQV bov
f) Apexi SAFC
g) GTR fuel pump
h) Aerospeed Fuel regulator
i) Denso Iridium spark plug IK22
...i'm going to raise up my boost to 1.2 bar & improve the torque.My question are:
1) Do I need...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience