first car- evo 7 or dc5?

witch13

500 RPM
Dec 20, 2004
dc5...r EVO7...
bro.. u need to study first about the car..spare part..maintenance..
then your pocket...

my experience using this kinda sport car.. i buy it.. then park at home.. find a cheap2 car use as daily driven.. sport car im using for weekends ka.. ladies nite ka.. dating ka.. can cut the maintenance $$. hell.. i got my fren owned STI..driving to work using EX5..

knowing the car are very important... myself example buying my 1st car..my own money in 2003.. citroen zx 1994.. it took me 8 months for me to study the car.engine..workshop.ask ppl..mechanic..of coz got pro and cons.
the car dirt cheap..everyone knows..

once u know it.. no need to ask anymore.. i bet u`ll have the answer..

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Buy a RM100k car just for weekend use? The depreciation will cost more then the maintenance.....:hmmmm:

ColdPlay

Known Member
Jun 16, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
1 year maintenance cost for an Evo7 is around RM15k excluding petrol but inclusive of regular engine oil, transmission oil, differential and ayc, turbo service, clutch plate, tyres and few other stuff. Provided that you don't drive like a maniac which caused even more wear and tear replacement. That translate into roughly close to RM3k monthly spending on loan and maintenance.
FD2R has marginally cheaper maintenance minus the 'snail' and by being an ff. A great car to whack as the high revving torqueless wonder v-tec is just a pure orgasm at close to 8k rpm!
Then again, talking about maintenance and FC on performance car just kill off the purpose of owning a performance car!

TS should buy new car as a first car. Peace of mind as there is this thing called a warranty. And Neo R3 might just fit the bill.

P/S : Don't flame me as I am a car newbie. Merely sharing an opinion. :driver:

ColdPlay

Known Member
Jun 16, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Evo/Turbo cars are known to have higher maintenance. Change engine oil earlier, i think. Am i correct? or wrong?
Higher maintenance due to additional parts need servicing. Engine oil change is standard at 5K km interval regardless of semi or fully synthetic but most performance car owner will happily change their engine oil at 3.8K to 4.5K km covered as preferred benchmark.

evilvral

Jul 13, 2006
agree all of members comment , buy a car is easy , worst thing is matainance , i own a modified wira , i know how is feel too be .....alot of problems....distributor, alternator , radiator , water hose thermostat, ign coil, fan belt ,pulley , tensioner ,water pump , oil pump, pressure regulator, drive shaft , wheel bearing, head gasket ....etc .. like they say if your not earning more than 5k per month , u going to eat BREAD EVERYDAY until you go into the hospital. because all your spend is on the maintanance ..your choice to decide ..
since your question is between E7 or DC5...E7 is a pickup monster with turbo boost, response fast, spare part easy to get ,but problem with the turbo maintanance bother u every few week, dc5 like high end rev power, spare part is a little bit more expensive than evo, on matainance is better than evo since is N/A car and no need worried about turbo problem..
if u want just a fast car pick a E9 because u still can modified to higher performance, or u want a stock performance u can pick DC5 and u wont lose far performance when racing with other stock cars...
MY own advice if u are can get 150k ++ u better go for volkswagen GTI , fast corner and pickup especially on genting road ..hehe..IF U ARE NOT PLS Dont do , and u will end up with eating bread everyday...

vspec

Rookie
Oct 9, 2005
Tehran
If fc is one of your concern, pls drop the E7 from your list. The fc itself will caused your wallet to depleted. Why? Because full tank of Ron97 ard RM130 will only get you up to 330km and this kind of driving is WITHOUT boost at all.

So you can imagine what will happen to your mileage if you keep on boosting.

Cheers mate.

feezdya

1,500 RPM
Aug 3, 2006
Pee Jay
www.takaful-ikhlas.com.my
hehe i got both of these cars...so far ok je...but dun compare turbo vs na..its diff category especially on FC...go for evo..more space for daddy like u hehe

---------- Post added at 08:00 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 06:51 PM ----------

hehe i have gone through all pages..all taiko taiko very very safe play..very good advised etc..but normally he asking very straight forward questions..every ppl have their own perspective..;et we put this way sir, we should not ask about p&c like his salary etc..

hmm since it is good not to mention names, my friend of mine got few junk cars..he dammm enthusiast about performance cars including his wife..all of his cars are running conditions and can say all upgraded to higher stages..let me recall his vehicles,

1. BNR34 hmm more than 2
2. BCNR33 more than 1
3. ECR33 more than 1
4. Evo more than 1
5. DC5 Type R
6. EG6 with K20
7. RX-7 engine swap at the moment
9. Porsche Cayman s (daily driving clocked at 67k km)
10. Viva ;p
11. Fiat Punto
12. Mini cooper more than 1 (classic)
13. Opel Vectra
14. BMW GSA1200
15. BMW S1000rr
16. Titan chopper super rare
17. Vulcan vn900
18. Wheelchair sport edition (latest collection hehe)

i wonder when he drive all his collections...and I believe i have miss some of the car..cannot recall anymore...but when i asked him how to buy and maintain all vehicles, he replied " when you believe in yourself and do it for GOD, all will success and make sure never persecuted ppl and never take any bad/laundering money'...i was like wow and for things to change, we must change first... these only for his vehicles, he got lot other collections at his house...

the reason why i shared this because I want ppl know that not only super rich man can buy everything..normal ppl also can..cuma nak tak nak je..fyi, fren of mine not yet reach 30yrs, and he is not big big ppl like dato etc..he is normal person any maybe good in business perhaps...non of his collection got loan etc..all paid up! when he said he want something, he work for it and never complain etc...salute!!!

so guys, the best is always on positive thinking..whenever we give opinions, dun relate with others etc..diff ppl diff story..start fresh and give all good pros and cons...:adore:

bro mista, in bracket are my comments

QUOTE=mista;1064287548]taiko-taiko.. i need help here.. im going to buy my first car for my performance car(so from his statement it is not his first car but his first PERFORMANCE car)..is thinking to have a powerful car but dun want to worry bout the maintenance later on(stock standard car is good for you)..

i was thinking of evo 7.. but heard macam2..(all car macam macam, when you modified and not follow original spec, so macam macam la that car) so :-
-is it really worth it?? (worth it for evo since you bought it cash..so you can nego the price till both satisfy, dont worry about the depreciate value since evo big brothers (evo 1-6.5) still hold very good price unless you buy at high market price)
-will evo 7 cause me headache later? (all vehicles will give headache when you not proper service etc)
- hows the fuel consumption?(quite ok for 2.0 turbo car category when your are not comparing with fuel saving vehicle)
-the maintenance?(as good as continental when the said car not on heavy modded)
* thinking to use it as a daily car.. (no problem..we also using as daily car..main big problem when you kene cucuk with super fast perodua cars :hmmmm:)

or shld i go for dc5(suddenly dc5 came to the picture...do you know honda SOME parts are more expensive than Mitsubishi?..GO FOR EVOs when you said you are like daddy daddy..easier to bring you parents too).. which 1 better?? (both are better cars...but totally different league)

really need help here.. :confused: :hmmmm:(confused no more when you can compare side by side of these cars..rental RM200 per hr for each car hehe)

need to re-edit the thread as Izso got snap suddenly.. (no need since Bro IZSO only want to know whether you are genuine driver or not :driver:)
sorry for the thread starting.. my first thread here meh..(yam cha more effective than sorry:biggrin:)[/QUOTE]

pwhyze

500 RPM
Mar 1, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
I'll leave out all the personal stuff out of the way first. I don't know your age, salary, status so I won't judge whether or not you're capable of having these type of cars.

I do however wonder, why DC5R and Evo 7? Totally different type of cars to begin with. One is NA, a 2-seater (the rear seats are a joke, ok?), FWD while the other is FI, a 4 seater saloon, and 4WD. Based on this, if I were you, I would ask myself what-the-hell-am-I-actually looking for!?

A true enthusiasts would know right off the bat, which car he wants when he can afford it. Why? Cause they would know what they are looking for, be it response, pure power, looks, street cred, cornering machine, etc2....

If you are power crazy, go for Evo la. Nothing this side of a GTR can come close.

IMHO however (I repeat, my personal opinion ok..hehe), power is over-rated. Most of the time, you won't even use half of your power output due various reasons ( traffic, small balls, bad roads, whatever else). So what for go all out to 400hp lah, 600hp lah, and it doesn't even see the track? You want it to be a daily after all.

Why not go for something that's able to put a smile on your face every time you drive it, no matter the speed? Now, that thing could be power (in which case, ignore my previous comment ), response (= NA), handling, noise or whatever you prefer and therein lies the key. What do YOU prefer? :driver:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
feezdya, can you pm me what does your friend do for a living? Cuz I want to change my job scope. I'd be happy with just 2 of the cars your friend has! How can he afford all these cars at his age without being rich I don't understand.

And you're right. I jumped the gun in the beginning because too many noobs coming in these days with stupid "Oh should I get a R35/Evo/etc as my first car?" questions. Perhaps I might have been too quick to judge this thread starter.

pwhyze : Do you know how difficult it is to type your nick? :thefinger: And you're absolutely right. When it comes to these range of cars, you should already know which one you want. :biggrin: I want my RX7 again!! Gah!

mh wong

500 RPM
Feb 14, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
FR or 4wd lah.....for me.....its like a beast......slowly learn how to handle it.....can drift somemore if u know how....

FF = can drift also.....BUT??...need highly understand ur car n skill ....even untie also know how to drive fast.....u see nowaday....most production car r FF....xcep....continental car

Just My Personal Opinion lah.....no harm to anyone:love:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

The first Citroën Créative Tour 2011 was held in Paris on the 24th to 26th of June 2011 recently. They've showcased some current cars like the Citroën DS, Citroën DS Rally car and most importantly 16 types of prototype including GT by Citroën, inspired by the makers of the video game Gran Turismo 5 was let loose on the public ground. The older Citroën's were on display too as part of a tribute to its...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience