Suggestion on luggage

driftkingII

2,000 RPM
Mar 2, 2005
Bandar Utama
Visit site
Since I am a frequent traveller also the company which I am working is sending me outstation and overseas.

I need to find a durable luggage. Why?

For long use and also u know those idiot baggage handlers (AirAsia DUH) will throw and destroy your bags and parcel.

So any suggestion?

*If u want to tell me get MAS, can but if company trip, they always book Air Asia..

Brian Lanq

Dec 29, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
If your company is paying for it get a RIMOWA. If not it always depends on your budget.

But if you constantly fly air asia .. then there is NO hope for the bags... those bugger treat our bags as if they are bowling balls..hurling it along any chance they get.

Actually any bag will do as long as it does not tear open when thrown around. I used this Polo Beverly Hills one for almost 5 years and it is still alive (barely)....mostly on airasia flights.

But make sure your back is so UGLY that no one would even consider wanting to steal it.. hehehe

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
Hard case and soft case (fabric) both got pros and cons. I would suggest good quality soft case (Samsonite).
Reason being, the luggage itself is lighter than hard cases. Lightweight hard cases are very expensive.

Last time I was cheap, bought American Tourister (adik Samsonite). After using 4 or 5 times, got tear already. Now using Samsonite, 4 or 5 trips already still good. Like you said, the idiots throw your bags like rugby, what also will koyak. Samsonite is proven good quality, and it doesn't cost that much more than American Tourister.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
So far lucky, many trips already and my imitation brand luggage has withstand the punishment. At least 30 trips already, finally the handle a bit hard to retract, wheel worn and it goes klap, klap, klap but still usable....:rofl:

Feb 7, 2013
Penang
Samsonite Luggage are quite good.
Make sure to knock on the luggage surface to check whether it is hard enough to survive abuse.

esthapo

Trail Bomber
Mar 31, 2006
Sister'sBedroom
So far Samsonite serves me very2 well & I'm happy with the quality & durability.....The latest Samsonite I bought is something like CF material where the material is very flexible, durable & very light...u can bend, throw it or hit it very hard & it'll stay on its original shape...and its scratchproof not like my other Samsonite plastic casing luggage bag where its very easy to get scratch if u check in your luggage...

hope it helps

BuroQ

Known Member
Sep 13, 2004
Border Town
Actually a lot of baggage handlers all over the world are rough and 'simply' throw. Its not them (probably some are), but the job demands them to do so. In reality you cannot expect them to just simply put those luggage and items nicely or handle with care. When you have tons of luggage and limited time to spare, you just have to throw it. Only those that have the fragile sticker may ... i repeat may handle with slight care. Imagine you a baggage handler handling different sizes, different weights of luggage and different designs but limited time to spare.

By the way I'm not siding with baggage handlers. Some of my luggages rosak, but as long as its not totally destroyed, I'm happy with it. My luggage was those cheopo or recycled luggages given by family members. But at least it was able to withstand the punishment around 20 trips when I was travelling within Oz, Singapore and KL and back to Oz. Now just leave it at home to store my books and notes hehehe.

Anyway, as far as I know, friends of mine used samsonite and victorinox luggages when I was in Oz, and they were happy with the purchase. Best of all, it surely save them a lot of weight from the luggage and more items to put in compared to normal or sturdy looking luggages. Every KG counts when your at the counter hahaha.

Last edited:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I plan to change my Myvi (2009) auto transmission fluid, I know P2 DIII
(green color sticker, blue botol) confirm can be use since alot bengkel use it.

My question is can I use D3-SP as pic below, have anybody try it?

* I ask it because I have a few doubt as follow:
- The...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience