How much for tie rod end?

humongousgravy

Known Member
Dec 9, 2010
Seremban
Hi I would just like to ask how much would a tie rod end normally cost for a Iswara? I just want to make sure I'm quoted a fair price since I've never been to this workshop before. Can't go to my usual one because I'm working outstation.

Also would be good if someone could give me a general idea of how much would the alignment after the installation cost.

So far I was quoted RM100 for front both sides, inc of RM30 for labour. I'm not sure if that is cheap or expensive. I thought Proton parts were cheapER!

Thanks for the help!

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
tie rod ends should be rm50-60 per pair (ori proton parts) is japan ones are slightly cheaper....
workmanship bout rm20-30.....

---------- Post added at 11:27 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:27 AM ----------

go buy from spare parts shop & get a mech to install it for u.

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
The labour charges varies sometimes, especially removing those "stuborn" tie rods.

humongousgravy

Known Member
Dec 9, 2010
Seremban
So the guy quoting me was stating a reasonable price la? Provided he is using decent parts. I won't know how to tell if he is using some cheap ass one too right?

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
most of them using the lowest quality ones made in taiwan or china...
but charge u japan price. so i suggest u better buy it yourself.

very simple just go to spare part shop & get the tie rod end....same like buying vege from pasar malam :biggrin:

humongousgravy

Known Member
Dec 9, 2010
Seremban
Thanks for the advice danz, but the problem is I new here and don't really know any spare parts shop here. Any ideas for spare parts shop in Kulim?

supernova

Known Member
Sep 9, 2005
KL
Being not knowing much about car parts, you might just get con by the spare part shop too.
If you trust this shop just let them do, the amount the charges is very reasonable.
It is OK to pay a bit more for better parts, good repair and after sales service then paying 5% less and get a shady [arts and job that will burn your wallet deeper later (let alone the time you going to waste)

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi..im newbie here..

i really need help to upgrade my engine. im using proton tiara with citroen AX GTi 1.4 multi-point injection engine. this engine has low horse power but high torque. the power only can be shown at 5000-6500 rpm.
so, what can i do to make the engine more power..

thanx a lot..
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience