My Next Upgrade: Suspension

Which type of suspension you prefer the most?

• Tein HA

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Tein Super Street

• Tein Flex

• Tein Mono Flex

• GAB SS

• Koni Yellow + Eibach spring

• Aragosta

• Spoon

• Others (please mention)

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters

arrowhead

Aug 20, 2004
Damansara/PJ
lol.

mine is the V1 series. if u got money, of course the BR series would be best but for me, V1 also enough. satisfied.

ddv_nk12

1,000 RPM
May 18, 2011
PD
Bro arrowhead, how much did you but the BC V1 for?

arrowhead

Aug 20, 2004
Damansara/PJ
i got it when it was relatively unknown here. i paid 2100 for them. but i had to spend a little extra for the right springs. it comes with 8kg front, 6kg rear. good enough for street use imo. i just wanted a little harder where i can bring it down to the tracks.

not mistaken they go for approx 2.4k now.

mADmAN

Aug 5, 2004
so basically 2.4k.....but if wanna go for stiffer springs have to pay somemore??

hhhhmmmm.......

EDIT: oh and where did u get it?? coz i only see 1 seller selling them in marketplace iirc

ddv_nk12

1,000 RPM
May 18, 2011
PD
Thanks for the recommendations peeps. I have already requested for free rides to test these setups from JB zth members, hopefully I'' be offered a few rides. Hehe

ddv_nk12

1,000 RPM
May 18, 2011
PD
Hey guys, apparently the JB guys have all different cars. So, how to compare?

alwhitesat

500 RPM
Jan 6, 2009
here are my experiences with adjustable coilovers:

D2: hi-lo soft-hard...very soft also bumpy, very hard sakit pinggang...but handling-wise not bad
hwl: spring softens fast, cornering ok only, but bumps crazily on uneven surface
tanabe "purple": too soft to my liking
apexi ws n1: handling, cornering, stiffness all ok, just that it makes noise perhaps because the spring coils are too thick and they touches each other
cusco "blue": perfect for trackday, not street friendly
ohlins: i think its best for both world, servicing are expensive
bilstein: highway ok, loading people and goods also ok, handling ok, just okay
tein flex: very comfortable, agile, but not aggressive
tein HA: best i have used so far, i prefer stiffer ride, so better than type flex for my liking....very agile, responsive, sharper, not too bumpy

these are my opinions only....also, the are so many factory must be taken into consideration if u want a good handling car, tyres is the most important part.....then only comes all the bars, foams, braking systems....

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Hey guys, apparently the JB guys have all different cars. So, how to compare?
Ideally it would be best to have a similar platform to compare. But the absorber characteristics are all the same. So as long as you don't test high speed cornering and just remember :

1. Slow drive to test bumpiness
2. Left-right-left-right to test reaction
3. Hard braking and hard acceleration to test frog jumping and nose diving

These will never change regardless of car make. But just remember to take note of the spring rates since different people will have different rates.

x363

Known Member
Jun 11, 2011
Ipoh/JB
interesting thread... i would go for customised on my next set...

no matter how big a name / brand, they are still mass production; i.e. average for all; not most suitable for your setup...

someone with an EG with B16A might be good combo with 6kg/mm spring rate but it would be "too soft" for an EG with B18C because the "front" is heavier now....

speed2horizon

2,000 RPM
Jun 4, 2006
I've personally tested TEIN HR, GAB SS, Ralliart, Hotbits, CUSCO, and a few more brands on my Satria.

Didn't have chances to try on TEIN/CUSCO/OHLINS Monotube Shock absorbers. Finally, i went to Titan. They provide the cheapest Monotube but yet, They are as good... RCS are good, but kinda out of budget...

Give Titan a try. They have a few demo cars to test. If feel not nice, then dun buy...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Motorheads everywhere must be salivating after seeing the Super GT Nissan Latio by Edaran Tan Chong Motor (ETCM) recently at the 2007 Super GT Malaysia. To successfully modify any car...

Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience