My Next Upgrade: Suspension

Which type of suspension you prefer the most?

• Tein HA

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Tein Super Street

• Tein Flex

• Tein Mono Flex

• GAB SS

• Koni Yellow + Eibach spring

• Aragosta

• Spoon

• Others (please mention)

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters

ddv_nk12

1,000 RPM
May 18, 2011
PD
Now, RCS sounds really tempting. Expensive means have to wait longer la. I believe in getting it right the first time. So, I am actually quite picky when it comes to parts and all. I don't want to regret later on.

arrowhead

Aug 20, 2004
Damansara/PJ
fuh, many pages, didnt read. so if i repeat, i apologize. but i wanna share with u my experience with coilovers. i've used a few diff types..

1. gab HA - 6kg/4kg spring rate - not too bad, its in between comfort and performance. more to comfort la honestly, but its only hi/low so my preference was limited.

2. tein super street 6kg/3kg - this is the worst pair of coilovers among my choice. no doubt its tein but its really for street driving. i wanted something which can make my balls hit each other when i dial HARD, and super street did not give me that. i installed it, came out of the workshop (there were some crub/bumps outside the workshop) after i went over it, i drove right back in to remove. total time duration of the super street on my car - < 5mins.

3. BC Racing. - 10kg/8kg - best among the choices i've made. still with them. 32 step adjustable. hard really hard (my balls hits each other, my boobs bounce when i go over yellow lines) and soft really soft (tein super street style). no regrets with these babies... i highly recommend...!

ddv_nk12

1,000 RPM
May 18, 2011
PD
(my balls hits each other, my boobs bounce when i go over yellow lines)
arrowhead: I have one question for you. Are you a chick or guy or both? Just joking.

Actually, I was waiting to hear about BC suspensions since I've read some good things about it. May I know what car is your BC in bro?

jun_ng_1208

Known Member
Jul 2, 2008
Cheras
Hi bro ddv_nk12, just my personal opinion below ;)

Had been using G|A|B SS for my Myvi for closing to 2 yrs already and what I could say about G|A|B is actually its worth the price that you're paying for, haven't been able to adjust it to my driving taste yet but so far after a unlimited drive up Genting and a few Ulu Yam touge session and last but not least DAILY driving in KL roads (a LOT speedbump + potholes). I would say its 1 of the choice you wouldn't regret but if you have MORE funds on hand then there's always better brands out there ;)

ddv_nk12

1,000 RPM
May 18, 2011
PD
Thanks mate. Trust me, GAB SS is seriously on of the top in my list as its cheaper then others and quite good as well. But I will need to sit in a GAB SS car before making the decision.

Anyone tried Tein RA? I heard it is a replacement for Tein HA? Is it the same in terms of handling and comfort?

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
ddv dude : setup a TT with these adjustable owners and take their cars out for a spin la. Asking here and there won't help you make up your mind. Some manufacturers have demo cars ready for you to test too like RCS, Titan and GAB (at their headquarters).

ddv_nk12

1,000 RPM
May 18, 2011
PD
Yup, I'm planning to have one. If no luck in JB, then Seremban or KL.

Anyone mind to tell what is that 2 way or 5 way thing in adjustable suspensions? I came across a few times but not very clear on it?

Last edited:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Yup, I'm planning to have one. If no luck in JB, then Seremban or KL.

Anyone mind to tell what is that 2 way or 5 way thing in adjustable suspensions? I came across a few times but not very clear on it?
That usually refers to the how hard or soft you can adjust the absorber. 32-steps adjustment in terms of how soft / hard you can go. 2-way I'm not sure, but 5-step should be that.

But in some cases it's referring to how much adjustment can be done, sometimes height. Like in the case of my "semi-adjustable" Improve rear abs, it has limited height adjustment. Not full ride height adjustment.

ddv_nk12

1,000 RPM
May 18, 2011
PD
I got it from GAB SS website:

- Ultra high grip & traction. Race ready.
- Multi function state of the art shock absorber
- 2 way independent height adjustment
- Body shift height adjustment has no effect on spring preload. Height adjustment does not affect ride quality
- Mono tube absorber design. Larger hydraulic oil capacity - enhance heat dissipation. separation of oil and gas chamber- ensure extreme operation without deterioration of the absorbers (becoming soft)
- 32 level damping force adjustment for accurate tuning
- Pillow mount + chamber adjustment option ( purchase separately)
It says 2 way independent height adjustments.

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
I got it from GAB SS website:

It says 2 way independent height adjustments.

u see in the picture there's 2 adjustment collar...1 on the spring...another one on the knuckle bracket below...both for adjusting height......

WPQ800

1,000 RPM
Apr 7, 2008
in turn will make it easier for u to change height setup....

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
I wouldn't read too much into the marketing hype in their brochures. But Pomen and WPQ have answered your question.

You can choose to bodyshift the height or compress the springs to adjust the height. 2 - way

majestic

Sep 18, 2006
I have use Titan suspension. Local made if not mistake the shops at pandan indah. Have been used it in 2 of my car ie satria and rx8. No regret. It actually custom made tailor to your car and preference.

mADmAN

Aug 5, 2004
@arrowhead

how much u got the BC Racing for (new or used)? was also considering it last time...

the 10/8 spring rates is pre-packaged or u chose?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Anyone using this engine? Need some feedback here. I rarely see people using this engine, why? high maintenance? :smile:

- How much does this halfcut cost?
- Total BHP?
- Plug and Play on proton chasis?
- Pros and Cons

Uhh, Thanks. :rock:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience