• Car Polish

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don't know how

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

hungryJack

Nov 28, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
hi Sifus, recently i have put some car decals on windscreen, bonnets. I heard my friends said after 3 month, the decal will be hardly to be removed. Despite able to remove, it will left a mark/glue residue on top of car paint. Is it true?

hungryJack

Nov 28, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
use petrol/dot3 fluid ?

but not sure if there's after effect for that or not .
I dun think use petrol is a good idea... afraid it will cause damage the paint coating

---------- Post added at 12:22 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 12:20 AM ----------

Is there anyone try to remove decals before? Is that really hard to remove it in future?

monsh

Known Member
Mar 27, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
oh i didnt notice the bonnet, i tot windscreen only -_-

it'll be hard mate, try to wax and polish it .
any other additive could be corrosive to the paint .

pengyu

Known Member
Sep 28, 2006
this is my method of removing decals.

use heat gun in lowest setting or hair dryer to warm the adhesive a bit and pull it slowly.
Use Goo Goo Gone or 3M adhesive removal to remove the remaining adhesives. GooGooGone is safe on the paint, but the 3M please use it sparingly..dont put too much (Im not sure is it safe on paint or not, but a bit wont hurt).

MingFai

Known Member
Apr 18, 2010
P.J Jln Gasing
i use cooking oil will do...
coz i go saturday night fever got stick those sticker de...
u can try it....

hungryJack

Nov 28, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
this is my method of removing decals.

use heat gun in lowest setting or hair dryer to warm the adhesive a bit and pull it slowly.
Use Goo Goo Gone or 3M adhesive removal to remove the remaining adhesives. GooGooGone is safe on the paint, but the 3M please use it sparingly..dont put too much (Im not sure is it safe on paint or not, but a bit wont hurt).
Thanks Pengyu... i have survey Goo Gone seems quite a good product to remove adhesive thingy.
Since i just paste a new car sticker... just let it be for 3 months then i'm gonna to remove it ... haizzz... kinda waste money... :smokin:

hungryJack

Nov 28, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
All you have to do is basically peel them off. If you add a little bit of heat from a blow dryer or heat gun it makes it easier. I ordered some stickers and took them off easily with heat.
May i know how long ago you have put those stickers? does it left over any mark even after remove all the decals?

Tom

TIMETOATTACK
Helmet Clan
Jul 6, 2000
Kuala Lumpur
You can use petrol or WD-40 to dissolve adhesive and wipe it off, repeat steps till desired results show. petrol will not damage paint finish. like how your fuel filler area is still safe.

Paper or cello tape - attack the sticky sticker residue with the adhesive side of the tape by rapidly tapping on the residue. like trying to stick the sticky stuff off

s1tl

1,000 RPM
Jul 13, 2010
Ipoh/KL
the safest way to remove sticky sticker residue is by using Optimum Polymer Technologies' Power Clean. with the dilution ratio of 1:3 1 part power clean 3 part water, you will be able to remove your sticky residue as simple as 1 2 3 and a b c, Power Clean is paint safe and clear coat safe. it is a cleaner yes. just spray on and agitate till its gone.

Car detailer: Professional Car detailing - massive interior cleaning

applying the same technique at the interior detailing my sifu did on this post. agitate till removed

cruiser78

Known Member
Jul 5, 2008
i usually use ambersil label remover. the thing was formulated to dilute adhesives found on stickers. i use it every time before preparing any car for a paint job. it does not harm the paint.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

last time i was at taiping also cannot find any shop sell motul. Ipoh only got at the famous falken tyre shop and the zerofour. also notice one shop with motul signboard near the menglembu - falim junction. not sure they got the engine oil or not.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience