Emanage Ultimate

Blood Red

500 RPM
Jul 28, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
MAP sensors runs without any restrictions ..ecu running on MAF still relys on oem airflow ..which is pretty much restricted/safer..running ecu with MAP sensors requires spot on tuning as there is no safety net since the oem afm is removed.zero in what u want, future mods and the most important thing the tuner.

---------- Post added at 05:27 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 05:22 PM ----------

safer bet get the PFC...since a lot of them has experience with it...doc should be able to help.as for me ill go with microtech lt 12 since the tuner is dear a friend of mine and has proven many times more then capable in tuning it.
Thank you for this.

Besides the tuner being able to tune microtech properly, was there any other reason that you chose it? Im just curious to know.

shark79

500 RPM
Sep 16, 2008
Kuala Lumpur
classicjapanesecars.blogspot.com
Nothing matters except for getting it tuned right, u can even run 600bhp with standard oem ecu programmed..most japanese tuner do it . microtech's are proven ecu's able to handle well over 1000bhp ...better resolution compared to pfc.

Blood Red

500 RPM
Jul 28, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
Nothing matters except for getting it tuned right, u can even run 600bhp with standard oem ecu programmed..most japanese tuner do it . microtech's are proven ecu's able to handle well over 1000bhp ...better resolution compared to pfc.
shark79, yes i know tuning is very important. This part I know.

I am more interested in the latter part where you mentioned better resolution. This is the kind of feedback I'm looking for. You also made the comparison with PFC, which is good.

I can only assume that with more tuning points, with the proper tuning, you'd get most out of your setup. Correct?

Temujin,

You are right as well. I do think the Emanage is more than sufficient, but I need to be sure. Hopefully, I get to leverage on other Skyline owners who have used Emanage, specifically, the EMU. However, it seems very difficult to get this feedback, since I have to specify a lot of things pulak. :)

cmng

3,000 RPM
Nov 17, 2003
Visit site
Blood red
better resolution haltech. motec , aem , gems , autronic , vipec, etc

emanage sufficient but are you happy to see your car full of wiring tapping ?
do emanage fit your budget ? remember to add those sensor, wiring etc as well labour to install

some other question
are you looking for MAP option or retaining to MAF ?
what correction factor you looking at ? ( if you dont understand read the below )
are you looking for exhaust correction factor ?
are you looking for boost control vs RPM correction factor ?
are you looking for additional input correction factor ?
are you looking for 32 x 32 map resolution ?
how many output and input you looking at ?
are you looking for dual map option ?
are you looking for a ECU that many tuner can do only only specific tuner can do ?

The similiar style of question i ask my boss when they want to change laptop before i suggest the right laptop for them
hehehehe

[PIMPIN]

2,000 RPM
May 21, 2004
I think everyone has been recommending piggybacks based on what type of driving they imagine you'd most likely do. And in all likelihood, a piggyback would probably last you a couple of years at the very least. However, I believe you're going about this whole modification a bit too fast. Not in terms of doing too many mods at one time (no such thing as too many mods!) but what I mean is that you're skipping a few steps along the way.

This is what you've said earlier:

1. My aim is to have a setup that is responsive and good for GTJ runs over weekends. I definitely do not want something laggy and designed for straight line speed.

2. As I understand it, the following supporting mods are required to support bigger hp:
a. bigger injectors (650cc)
b. bigger FMIC
c. metal gasket
d. fuel pump
e. fpr
f. bigger turbo
g. ECU
I hope this list isn't according to sequence because if so then its definitely the wrong approach. I understand wanting to learn more about ECUs etc but I suggest setting that aside for now and going with the following modifications, going in that order or something similar first:

1) Complete the rest of your exhaust system
2) Replace the stock intercooler with a front mount intercooler
3) Upgrade to a better radiator and change thermostat

That settles your cooling. I'd take a look at your oil cooler mounting location. I know you said most GTTs mount it there but even GTTs in colder countries running FMICs relocate the oil cooler either to the wheel arch (with this comes its own disadvantages) or on the drivers side (I think there is an air cond radiator already there (?) so don't know if there is space to sit in front of it or if blocking it would cause problem - for this you need to research and speak to your tuner).

4) Upgrade your clutch (will slip later with extra power when least expected and not budgeted for)
5) Better brakes (not sure what you have other than Endless pads but better rotors, braided lines would be a good place to start if you don't want to spend on Brembos)
6) Replace tires (this can come sooner but not later and make sure you don't skimp on this AT ALL)

The above address your basic stopping and turning since you already have HKS coilovers. That isn't all there is to do but should be enough for now so as not to overwhelm. Note that at this point there has been no increase in power except the slightly higher boost from the free flowing exhaust but that really is marginal.

7) Aftermarket fuel pump (resist the urge to get a Walbro despite what anybody says because firstly there are too many imitations out there and secondly they have been proven to not flow as much as quoted especially when not receiving enough voltage)
8) Install the fuel pressure regulator you've been keeping under your pillow

At this point you are ready for more boost which you've been running at most 0.9 bar however you already know the limits of the standard turbo. You would probably want to go with a bolt-on turbo and seeing that your internals are still stock, nothing overboard either. Let's assume a 2530 or something for now. In order to use that, you are short two more modifications:

9) Injectors
10) The ECU to control the injectors and all of the above.

You can do mods 9 and 10 at the same time or if its too expensive then do ECU first because you would need one to control the injectors. The reason why you don't know what you want from an aftermarket ECU is because you lack numbers 1-8 after which you'd understand your own requirements much better. I don't know how long numbers 1-8 will take you because in between there is maintenance, servicing, running costs (petrol, insurance and roadtax) which require funds as well. However long it may be, I'd wait until then before revisiting the topic of ECUs.

Again, this is just my opinion and some may not agree but I believe that this is the best way to avoid nasty surprises and is geared towards reliability by putting emphasis on supporting and safety mods first.

Dr.D

500 RPM
Aug 28, 2005
Petaling Jaya
PFC sux.. dont buy pfc.. useless piece of shit... fortunately alot of cars with pfc are already running on the streets.. unlike cars with super duper ecu that cant even be tuned.. well, cant deny pfc is an old stand alone, processore is slower than my nokia e7 symbian but it works.. in view of limited trusted tuners, what u choose is up to u and ur tuner .

Temujin

1,000 RPM
Nov 5, 2004
Selangor
Visit site
I agree with what The Pimp has mentioned.

Best would be having 20k in spare change but as a friend and from experience I would say enjoy your car one step at a time.

Cooling then fueling and don't forget braking (don't be like me, after Ulu Yam town I'm literally brake-less :biggrin:). After that u may think of upping boost, more power etc. Safety first bro :top:

I think u need to do detoxification therapy. Too many people racun u already.. :biggrin:

Dr.D

500 RPM
Aug 28, 2005
Petaling Jaya
detox ..hehehe.. thats a good one... true, whats power without handling ..whats power if u cant use it.. thats why better to invest in handling and optimizing what u have rather rushing to get the biggest what ever u can buy... dont rush in modding ur car, read and listen to experience. slowly collect items

arizalz

Jun 4, 2006
Its all about project management. Get a good plan. Make sure you have all the necessary items required. Find the right people to do the implementation.

My approach was:
1. Safety (Big radiators, thermostat, FMIC,oil cooler)
2. Handling ( tyres, bushing, shock absorbers, steel braided brake hose,)
3. Power ( power fc, turbo outlet, exhaust system, fuel pump, fuel regulator, turbo, etc...)

anyway mr BR, i think this website would be useful in your upgrading
Skyline R34

I like PN Motorsport!

Dr.D

500 RPM
Aug 28, 2005
Petaling Jaya
Its all about project management. Get a good plan. Make sure you have all the necessary items required. Find the right people to do the implementation.

My approach was:
1. Safety (Big radiators, thermostat, FMIC,oil cooler)
2. Handling ( tyres, bushing, shock absorbers, steel braided brake hose,)
3. Power ( power fc, turbo outlet, exhaust system, fuel pump, fuel regulator, turbo, etc...)

anyway mr BR, i think this website would be useful in your upgrading
Skyline R34

I like PN Motorsport!
hehehehe.. not sure that website is an accurate reference. he doesnt even know the voltage range for the afm .but its a simple and easy to understand.

[PIMPIN]

2,000 RPM
May 21, 2004
I agree with what The Pimp has mentioned.

Best would be having 20k in spare change but as a friend and from experience I would say enjoy your car one step at a time.

Cooling then fueling and don't forget braking (don't be like me, after Ulu Yam town I'm literally brake-less :biggrin:). After that u may think of upping boost, more power etc. Safety first bro :top:

I think u need to do detoxification therapy. Too many people racun u already.. :biggrin:
Ulu Yam don't need brakes lah bro, nama pun going uphill. :burnout:

khoyos

2,000 RPM
Nov 23, 2003
Shah Alam
as u can see from this thread, too many people with too many ideas (all proven n correct but all with varying concepts and difficult for u to digest all).

my advice is, find one sifu, one mechanic, one tuner. then follow their advice. make sure the sifu, mechanic n tuner are able to help u n very knowledgeable. no more contradicting ideas hehehe

[PIMPIN]

2,000 RPM
May 21, 2004
as u can see from this thread, too many people with too many ideas (all proven n correct but all with varying concepts and difficult for u to digest all).

my advice is, find one sifu, one mechanic, one tuner. then follow their advice. make sure the sifu, mechanic n tuner are able to help u n very knowledgeable. no more contradicting ideas hehehe
I think its important to get as much information as possible from as many credible sources as possible. SAU seems to be a good place for GTT owners. However, its important to filter out what is pure rubbish and what isn't.

But what khoyos has mentioned above is very true. If you jump from tuner to tuner, its harder for them to understand you and for you to fully appreciate the extent of what your tuner can or cannot deliver. It's extremely important that the communication between you two is very precise and if a tuner pretty much says he can do everything you want and more then its time to worry. A real tuner will tell you what he's comfortable with and what's achievable both in relation to your set-up and his ability.

Pick a workshop/tuner and try stick to them. Don't jump from shop to shop just because its a couple hundred bucks cheaper to do it elsewhere. In the long run, the relationship you end up building with your workshop/tuner will save you much more.

:driver:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

The car that has taken the world by storm is now in Malaysia. Naza Group of Companies introduced the multiple award-winning Chevrolet Cruze at an event launched by Prime Minister Dato' Seri Najib Tun Razak.

The Chevrolet Cruze is equipped with a 1.8-liter, 4-cylinder power plant that generates...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience