BOT (Bolt On Turbo)

speed2horizon

2,000 RPM
Jun 4, 2006
S2h, my friend use 4agze piston on his 4ag ae86, boost 2.1bar run 11.7sec ~ 12 mid sec.. not bad also hehehe.. powerful street car hahaha
With this kinda horsepower, i would say powerful highway car...
Street, maybe not responsive enought kot...

nice stuff...but now i heard there is thailand and japanese supercharger piston right?
The only place to ensure u of getting Japanese 4AGZE pistons is extract the pistons directly from halfcut engines.

contreasjun27

9,000 RPM
Oct 21, 2004
subang
Visit site
With this kinda horsepower, i would say powerful highway car...
Street, maybe not responsive enought kot...

The only place to ensure u of getting Japanese 4AGZE pistons is extract the pistons directly from halfcut engines.
what about those aftermarket reseller? Coz there is a few seller selling them but I dont know about the geniune?

speed2horizon

2,000 RPM
Jun 4, 2006
im not sure about that.. change engine bearing too la if wanna high boost. my friend using King Bearing :)
supplier in Sabah
Race bearings n Taiho bearings... Just my 2 cents opinion. As long as oils maintained, good pressure, there shouldn't be any problem. If the mentioned 2 are not in optimum condition, whatever bearing also no use. Engine knock can damage the rod bearing too. Think abt race bearings when u're revving at 9000rpm.

im not sure, maybe 6xx 7xx for engine bearing..
can stand high boost.
few 4ag boost with 2bar or 2.xx bar too
It's fuel + tune + set up that determines how much boost ur engine can stand. Bearings are something optional. If u have the budget, then u go for it. DSM says original bearings are the best. That's why they are sell at a cost.

1Pc toyota 4age rod bearing=40-50. 1 rod contain 2 bearings. Do some math.

what about those aftermarket reseller? Coz there is a few seller selling them but I dont know about the geniune?
It can be genuine. But that doesn't mean it's not made in china/Thailand/Taiwan. The sticker MIJ is just a printing on the box. Levi's 501 all printed made in USA, but the factory in Malaysia does 501 too.

Like mentioned, bearing cost that much, made in japan. Even Mitsubishi pistons cost 1+k.

TodaKing

Aug 13, 2005
Shah Alam
low comp, weak internal for domestic movers sould go for small tubines.. just for the fun at least u hav some blow off macho kick ma.. kikikiki 1bar everything kong if waja engine.. wear and tear is high..

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
Can anyone advise what turbo is suitable for 4AFE? Not aiming for high boost. 0.4 bar only. Future maybe got plans to up to 0.8? I am considering the thailand vios turbo's turbo or maybe vios turbokit turbo. Can use ka?

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
I was doing some thinking few days back... And I suddenly thought of these questions:

Where is the throttle body located? Before or after the turbo? What is the outcome of each setup?

and

Can air filter be placed before the turbo? As in letting the turbo suck in atmospheric air and then only pushing it through a air cleaner. I was thinking maybe can hear the turbine spool up louder. Sexier...

Haha... Don't know... any opinions?

---------- Post added at 11:18 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:18 PM ----------

I was doing some thinking few days back... And I suddenly thought of these questions:

Where is the throttle body located? Before or after the turbo? What is the outcome of each setup?

and

Can air filter be placed before the turbo? As in letting the turbo suck in atmospheric air and then only pushing it through a air cleaner. I was thinking maybe can hear the turbine spool up louder. Sexier...

Haha... Don't know... any opinions? :burnout:

Feb 20, 2011
MIRI
Need to ask about TURBO kit for my original engine KENARI. Can it be possible to put in a TURBO?What do I need to install on beside turbo, BOV, oil pamp n intercooler. if possible without overhaul the engine. Can you guys give me some idea..

---------- Post added 03-04-2011 at 12:00 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was 03-03-2011 at 11:33 PM ----------

Need to ask about :driver:I. Can it be possible to put in a TURBO?What do I need to install on beside turbo, BOV, oil pamp n intercooler. if possible without overhaul the engine. Can you guys give me some idea.:bawling:

speed2horizon

2,000 RPM
Jun 4, 2006

and

Haha... Don't know... any opinions? :burnout:
1st question.

U've seen part of the old f1 engine. But they actually have 2 throttles. 1 before throttle, 1 before manifold. Reason is to close up the compressor inlet to create a vacuumn environment. Once throttle open, compressor uses much lesser effort to spool up due to the partial self induced air instead of pushing against the compressed air. This also eliminates the need for bov and prevent compressor surge.

However, this system also causes durability issue to the turbo because the turbo bearing is always under vacuumn. Any wear n tear on the bearing will result the oil to leak into ur combistion chamber due to the large large suction during closed throttle. In f1, we're talking the highest budget Motorsport event. Durability as on the road is never a issue.

2nd question is more of a common sense.

How do u fit in a filter in ur ic piping without leakage?

And what's gonna protect ur compressor from the dust/sand/ stone???
If a chipped stone dropped fron a lorry and pass through the inlet, the first thing it'll damage is the fins...

Need to ask about TURBO kit for my original engine KENARI. Can it be possible to put in a TURBO?What do I need to install on beside turbo, BOV, oil pamp n intercooler. if possible without overhaul the engine. Can you guys give me some idea..

U don't need an extra oil pump. Oem oil pump is ok. U also need larger capacity injectors and management, turbo manifold, piping, down pipe n of course a good tuner.

Happy booting. Cheers.
Without going through overhauling is no problem, but u can't boost high due the high compression ratio

---------- Post added 03-04-2011 at 12:00 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was 03-03-2011 at 11:33 PM ----------

Need to ask about :driver:I. Can it be possible to put in a TURBO?What do I need to install on beside turbo, BOV, oil pamp n intercooler. if possible without overhaul the engine. Can you guys give me some idea.:bawling:

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
1st question.

U've seen part of the old f1 engine. But they actually have 2 throttles. 1 before throttle, 1 before manifold. Reason is to close up the compressor inlet to create a vacuumn environment. Once throttle open, compressor uses much lesser effort to spool up due to the partial self induced air instead of pushing against the compressed air. This also eliminates the need for bov and prevent compressor surge.

However, this system also causes durability issue to the turbo because the turbo bearing is always under vacuumn. Any wear n tear on the bearing will result the oil to leak into ur combistion chamber due to the large large suction during closed throttle. In f1, we're talking the highest budget Motorsport event. Durability as on the road is never a issue.

2nd question is more of a common sense.

How do u fit in a filter in ur ic piping without leakage?

And what's gonna protect ur compressor from the dust/sand/ stone???
If a chipped stone dropped fron a lorry and pass through the inlet, the first thing it'll damage is the fins...
About the first thing... Haha... I don't really understand how the two throttle work. It's okay I will google it. But in short, what is the effect of putting throttle in front of turbo and putting throttle at the back of the turbo? Can tell?

About the second, the pipings can be fitted without leakage. Should be no problem I think. As those ram air intake have aluminium pipes for the intake air and a wrap-around heatshield. Can make quite a neat connection...

About small stones damaging the fins... Of course not just leaving it like that... But I've seen people wrapping the turbo inlet with some kind of net/mesh.

speed2horizon

2,000 RPM
Jun 4, 2006
About the first thing... Haha... I don't really understand how the two throttle work. It's okay I will google it. But in short, what is the effect of putting throttle in front of turbo and putting throttle at the back of the turbo? Can tell?.
Throttle at the compressor inlet of a turbo, increases spool in response and eliminate the use of blow off valve as there's no surge due to sudden throttle close.

Like what we have, more stable compression.

About the second, the pipings can be fitted without leakage. Should be no problem I think. As those ram air intake have aluminium pipes for the intake air and a wrap-around heatshield. Can make quite a neat connection...
1st, when the compressor blows, we don't want to have restriction.

About small stones damaging the fins... Of course not just leaving it like that... But I've seen people wrapping the turbo inlet with some kind of net/mesh.
Then u are creating a double restriction to the turbo. Dust and sand will still be able to enter the fin... Still damages the compressor fins...

Those net's is used when they want their turbo to suck in huge amount of air and reduce restriction of air flow into the system, if u are using net/mesh, then why use filter still?

When dust accumulate on the "internal filter" and causes choke, which is basically not visible cause it's hidden, then only the piping line from compressor to the "internal filter" is compressed. After the filter, the the "internal filter", the air will be vacuumn. Then when ur turbo is pushing 2 bar, the air induced into the manifold would drop to maybe <1bar. Also, where u wanna locate ur BOV..? before or after the filter...

before filter, BOV alway open lor... Cause vacuumn tap from manifold, pulling it and compressed air pushing from bottom... continuous leaking... Then U'll achieve non stop BOV sound... Congratulation since u like noises alot.

after filter, will crease huge surge to ur compressor cause the compressed air before the filter has no where to go except to go opposite direction and enters the compressor again...

Do more reading please...
there's a reason why F1 bands the 1st.

There's also a reason why the filter is located there till today's automotive and motorsport.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

need some help or advice...
i have some trouble with my front shocks have change afew time and a few brand and still not hard enough for me and my car...
now im using JIC on my perdana and i really want to make it hard real hard....
can titan guys do it..?and price concern..??
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience