Best Twin Clutch

NeniNeniBoBo

Known Member
Jan 8, 2009
Just now drive my car out for dinner. I don't know whether that is a sign of clutch slipping, the friction point of the clutch is a bit abnormal, its look like don't wanna bite it. When accelerate, my rev response very slow at below 3k but become normal after 3k. And sometime I heard some sound from the clutch disc when releasing the clutch pedal. Is it my clutch slipping? I never had any experience of clutch slipping, so I maybe wrong or over worry.

I wonder whether is my foot abuse the clutch or the clutch is time to go..... Anyway, what is the proper way of using twin plate, will appreciate to your sharing ^_^
For me, I'll always try not to half clutch it since all ppl said half clutch will burn the disc more cepat. But sometime I can't prevent of half clutch when the car stuck in traffic jam. When car close to stop, i'll full press the clutch pedal; BUT sometime the car continue to move when car in front of me start to move, so normally in this kind of situation I'll give some gas, slowly raise my clutch pedal until it bite the friction point.

Last edited:

JaHaX

1,500 RPM
Sep 21, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
lemon demon ...

yep, that is the thing, scary right. by the way, i think i need to replace the clutch plates already, been using in for 2++ years and the symptom of slippage start to appear, do u guys have any idea who has it in malaysia? or who can bring it in? and above all, how many dead presidents do i have to burn?

pimpin ... i thaught u are a speech-writter to a politician already!

nenibobo ... sounds like ur clutch is slipping. the best is for u to check it up with ur mech

NeniNeniBoBo

Known Member
Jan 8, 2009
I think my clutch is start to slip now. Currently my car is running 350HP at Wheel, future target will go to 400-450HP at wheel. So which one do your guys suggested in term of durability, driveability and availability of repair kit of the clutch. I personal got 3 clutch in my list, and wish can get comment by your guys:

- Ogura metal twin clutch P559D
- Ogura metal twin clutch P659D
- Nismo Super CopperMix Twin clutch

Thank you so much guys~

---------- Post added at 11:41 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:28 AM ----------

nenibobo ... sounds like ur clutch is slipping. the best is for u to check it up with ur mech
My mechanic got told me this on last weeks when I bring my car for service, he said my clutch is start to slip, but I can't really feel that because I don't know what is the feeling when clutch is slipping.... but until yesterday. This is the reason I start this topic and collect information from all seniors here. Wish to get some help from you guys~ ^^

lemon_demon

Known Member
Oct 22, 2008
lemon demon ...

yep, that is the thing, scary right
bro!! sorry if i bother u, but may i know at which rpm does the sound goes away?

and is there any twin plates on the market that wont rattle the gearbox?

JaHaX

1,500 RPM
Sep 21, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
lemon demon ...

the rattling sound start to be acoustical when the engine rpm reduced to between 750 - 900 rpm ... and that particular rattling will disappear completely when the engine rpm increased to 900++ / 1000 rpm

my engine's idling is kinda erratic by the way

MrNismo

500 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
KL
Orang Jahat, your car too powerful la. :D

Anyway, the overhaul kit for HKS can be ordered at quite a fair price through HKS dealers. Try Vision Sunway or Garage R.

JaHaX

1,500 RPM
Sep 21, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
Orang Jahat, your car too powerful la. :D

Anyway, the overhaul kit for HKS can be ordered at quite a fair price through HKS dealers. Try Vision Sunway or Garage R.
... but still cannot beat MrTimeAttack's cars ... i mean the red dragon, the super-muscle-car r32 and the top secret godzilla ... hehehe

well, on the replacement plates, im still waiting for all of the fruits to be harvested first ... then can start ordering

p/s sorry neni2bobo for spamming ur thread :biggrin:

lemon_demon

Known Member
Oct 22, 2008
thank jahax
no one else face the same prob? i think we r two of a kind then

MrNismo

500 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
KL
Lemon demon,

No worries. THAT sound has been there since day 1 I used the clutch. It's been 7 years now and I don't recall dropping/leaving anything behind on the road.

NeniNeniBoBo

Known Member
Jan 8, 2009
Sifu, just wanna know any shop at Sunway sell Nismo big operating cylinder? (for BNR34)

kaminari

1,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
Taiping
frootloops ...arigatou~

NeniNeniBoBo :
Ngam ngam new stock just arrive last week. Stock available at Drift House.

Thank You

JaHaX

1,500 RPM
Sep 21, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
tom ... u are the man whenever it comes to JDM parts and above all, know-how and knowledge

nenibobo ... its is in USJ 2, somewhere near mike's place

NeniNeniBoBo

Known Member
Jan 8, 2009
bro!! sorry if i bother u, but may i know at which rpm does the sound goes away?

and is there any twin plates on the market that wont rattle the gearbox?
Bro, no worry of the sound. tHis afternoon I went to collect my Orc clutch, I gt ask them about this problem. The mechanic said this is normal to all the twin clutch. If u want quiet clutch, go for single clutch but it won't last especially to GTR.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hye. I need some advice and comments here. Im just a new driver, not really good in car's accessories.

1) May i know is the Eibach Sportline Spring works for wira 1.5?
2) And is it really works much more better than the stock spring? (comfort, handling)
3) May I know the price for it? :driver:

Hope to get some reply~
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience