Baffle Oil Pan

akuma

3,000 RPM
Jul 16, 2005
Kuantan
hehehe....i dun think i can reveal d price he did 4 me coz i did quite a few stuffs @ 1 shot..so i prolly got i cheaper..........
i'll put his contact here,u guys go n call him up(dun speak england w him ya?)
Keong of Fast Autoworks,Taman Sri Muda,Shah Alam
n he'll insist u chg ur oil pan gasket too once its done...use only ORIGINAL honda gasket..
but mind u...prolly hafta wait coz i heard is No.1 assistant left n open on his own now..so,abit shorthanded @ d moment.....

greyrex

Known Member
Mar 1, 2004
Georgetown
www.teamcrx.tk
I taught you did it in Kuantan.Anyway,will keep in view for this mode as i decide to get the full aluminum from obx which caters for 5.5quarts.Cheers!

akuma

3,000 RPM
Jul 16, 2005
Kuantan
5.5 quarts= ?? L
n how much u got it for?looks like ur turning ur JDM ride into sum USDM machine eh?ahahahah

greyrex

Known Member
Mar 1, 2004
Georgetown
www.teamcrx.tk
Just saja only bro.For the alu pan,it should be more or less around RM900 including shipping(w/out tax).Hey,are you planning to get the traction bar?I guess it will helps you on track...this is what Meor told me and i agreed bro.You might want to try it out.Cheers!

akuma

3,000 RPM
Jul 16, 2005
Kuantan
whoaaa??!!almost 1K 4 d oil pan?n ur still gonna run on our FAMOUS bump-filled malaysian roads...ahhahaha..good luck,mate...............
traction bar?no budget.....unless u 1na sell me urs CHEAP2 lar..ahahha
eh,d dizzy n MSD,or was it Mallory?how?

greyrex

Known Member
Mar 1, 2004
Georgetown
www.teamcrx.tk
Wait let me kautim up my battery relocation first...this will be my next coming mod.Anyway,want to fabricate aluminum bonet ahh?Hahahaaaa...

shiroitenshi

3,000 RPM
Apr 18, 2006
greyrex, that big oil pan sounds like a good idea, since vtec always gets that low oil level around 3-4K mileage.

Actually I also know the DIY method, but looking for alternatives, so far, I know the Mugen pan is abt. RM900 or so, NEW, while for Spoon, no idea, but spoon one is better looking, the mugen one is like OEM, with baffle and the moogen tag.

I was hoping to get a good look at moroso or obx pans in real life first, hard to rely on pictures for purchase.

akuma

3,000 RPM
Jul 16, 2005
Kuantan
greyrex,
wat aluminium bonet?cost?advantage?our stock hood is kinda light oredy frm d factory.........

n abt d DIY baffle oil pan thinggy.....can just go ahead ler....our local track cars haf been relying on dis 4 years now...if its good on a track car,it's definitely better 4 a street car..........BUT make sure ur oil pan is in good shape in d 1st place......d 2 times i c my mechanic do it..he make sure he "straighten" out all d dents n watever on d oil pan b4 fitting it back 2 d engine....

greyrex

Known Member
Mar 1, 2004
Georgetown
www.teamcrx.tk
shiroitenshi - I didn't knew that the spoon steel oil pan is better compared to mugen.Actually,i was looking for the spoon 2pcs aluminum oil pan with air fins for B series but it's no longer in production as confirmed by the spoon representative.Anyway,i did noted some negative feedbacks on the obx which needs to do some mild mods in order to get it fixed up.To think about it...the price for obx vs moroso aluminum is wide apart.I really do wonder if there's anyone in our local machineering company could fab out the aluminum b series oil pan as it does help a lot on the heat disipation.

akuma - just saja checking as if you were to heard anyone fab out an aluminum bonet locally as i find that alu bonet will helps a lot in heat disipation.Yeah...have to knock out those dents especially from our rex....damn low.Anyway,i will be fabricating a steel protection to be the first layer of protection for the alu pan.Well...hopefully i'm still around to toy around with my ride.Cheers!

Attachments

Last edited:

shiroitenshi

3,000 RPM
Apr 18, 2006
shiroitenshi - I didn't knew that the spoon steel oil pan is better compared to mugen.Actually,i was looking for the spoon 2pcs aluminum oil pan with air fins for B series but it's no longer in production as confirmed by the spoon representative.Anyway,i did noted some negative feedbacks on the obx which needs to do some mild mods in order to get it fixed up.To think about it...the price for obx vs moroso aluminum is wide apart.I really do wonder if there's anyone in our local machineering company could fab out the aluminum b series oil pan as it does help a lot on the heat disipation.
Not sure if heat dissipation is an issue for B-series, because so far, the thermostat and the fan switch mod with aluminium/dc2 radiator seems to work quite well in cooling high compression engines in the 12CR region.

I do feel that the 4 Litre sump that originally came with the B-series is a little small though, which usually means a little topping up before it hits the 5000km regular oil change I follow.

Anyway, I've only managed to shut off my vtec while cornering for a few times only so far, so I have considered baffling the oil pan, it' just that the mugen one is just a little too...... 'standard'.. lol

greyrex

Known Member
Mar 1, 2004
Georgetown
www.teamcrx.tk
Actually i did considered getting either a mugen or spoon baffled steel pan....but to think it over,i find that there's not much different compared those two vs oem except for the baffle plate in it.
I noticed that our SO4 vtec in the market comes with aluminum pan and i'm wondering if this can be mod though into b series...hahaha...
Anyway,i will start my pan project only after my battery relocation mod,hopefully i could get it done by next week.Cheers!

freewilly

Jul 20, 2008
a noob questions
does the b18cR come with a baffle oil pan?
thought of bringing my ek3 to the track but have fear of oil starvation

akuma

3,000 RPM
Jul 16, 2005
Kuantan
freewilly,
u dumped in a B18CR into ur EK3?well,AFAIK,all stock Hondas doesn't come w baffled oil pan..even d Typer Rs..not sure abt d Kseries Type Rs tho....but frm my experience,i know of @ least 3 B18CRs suffering frm oil starvation n lead 2 engine KABOOM.....1 original 96spec DC2,1 EK w B18CR n d latest an EG w B18CR...
good luck

freewilly

Jul 20, 2008
yeah i got my 18cr conversion from ........ ah keong :D
well i guess i better get a baffle welded in there b4 the next track day..
wonder what's the cost like?

akuma

3,000 RPM
Jul 16, 2005
Kuantan
freewilly,
wait a minute.u mean Keong of Fast Autoworks?n ur still asking abt baffled oil pan in here?refer straight 2 him lar....he did mine too...n whc EK3 ar?dun tell me d 4dr EK w d B18CR frm dat DC2 1/2 cut w d MUGEN 220km/h meter?wait.can't b.dat 4dr EK is actually a local EJ Civic..so,whc 1 is urs?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

KELISA bolt on Turbo...

who got fren do it... can gv me some detail ma..

can tahan pakai de ma..
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience