CPS (Cam Profile Switching) vs VVTI vs DVVT

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search
Yes, equally challenging courses and most importantly, the scenery is cool !

torque and response is the main requirement for you

•Horsepower is responsible for moving the vehicle along and gives it the ability to cruise on the highway and accelerate in normal conditions.

•Torque is the force that helps the vehicle start moving from a stop and pulls it up steep hills. Torque steps in again to provide power when you're hauling items or towing something behind the vehicle.

•Higher torque ratings are more important than high horsepower ratings if you like to pull , hug some good corners haul heavy loads or drive on roads with long, steep grades. (Hill Zig Zag Hill)

•If you like to see how fast you can get from stoplight to stoplight -- or if you do a lot of other quick acceleration driving -- horsepower is more important. (dragging or highway star)

Keep in mind that horsepower and torque don't necessarily peak at the same rpm. They can differ by a small to wide range. Reviews don't always include the peak rpm for horsepower ratings, but they're available in factory specifications.

Don't assume that you need the Car that's advertised as having the highest horsepower or torque in its class. If it suits you in other ways, sure, go ahead and buy it. Put some thought into how you like the car to perform and your main usage before you decide to spend extra money now -- and pay more for gas later -- to buy a Car with more power than you need.

My 2 Cents....Happy Modding....:driver:

actually, if an engine have a torque power band from 2500rpm - 5500rpm in a straight line without drops, in a narrow twisty course for a maximum average speed of 120kmh, it will win.

for a wider track like sepang where average speed is 150kmh ++ , higher horse power car will win.

in short, its depending on the maximum corner speed range of the course. and also the width of the course.

for the Long Bui road, even it's twisty but it is not steep and not hairpin, thus you can go thru them by using racing line

but genting are steep and direct hairpin, the 180degree change of direction is very different and you need to heel toe and late braking alot if you want to go thru the corners fast. the perfect power band for this kind of game will be 2500rpm - 6000rpm torque pull. turbo engine that full boost at 3000rpm - 4500rpm is too slow, when you near full boost, the next hairpin is already there and u need to brake. there is no way you can fully utilize the full boost power. and below 3000rpm the respond will never beat an N/A

if that turbo car equipped with anti-lag system i could say possible to beat n/a.....

turbo spools much quicker...but after reaching top....prepare another new unit for your turbo...very damaging.....(if normal turbo was used unless u go buy WRC spec. turbo)

:lol:

if that turbo car equipped with anti-lag system i could say possible to beat n/a.....

turbo spools much quicker...but after reaching top....prepare another new unit for your turbo...very damaging.....(if normal turbo was used unless u go buy WRC spec. turbo)

:lol:

u dont need anti-lag on corners if u know how to set it up for response pomenGTR, i havent faced any problems with an na on corners with my charade. redlining a charged engine isnt a problem imo, weve done it and still with the same turbine. of course, our driving style may differ

Bro, I like Charade...which year? There is so much potential with this car and the center of gravity is low...and it has a good traction during high speed cornering. It's like the old Mini Miner...

u dont need anti-lag on corners if u know how to set it up for response pomenGTR, i havent faced any problems with an na on corners with my charade. redlining a charged engine isnt a problem imo, weve done it and still with the same turbine. of course, our driving style may differ

---------- Post added at 09:09 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:05 PM ----------

It's really dangerous to press the pedal during cornering for Turbocharged car...I had tried it on a very curvy road on the highway (coming back from KL) and the speed was >200kmh...suddenly, I felt like I didn't have control over the car...and death was in my mind that time...still new to turbo many years ago la...after that, I dropped the speed to 80kmh all the way until Ipoh...haha...

the timing to pedal to accelerator and braking is totaly diff with a turbo.

---------- Post added at 09:12 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:09 PM ----------

If you asked anybody, they would want both the horsepower and torque as well :P If got $$$, I would buy a sports car...anyway, thanks for your time in explaining all these info... cheers !:biggrin:

•Horsepower is responsible for moving the vehicle along and gives it the ability to cruise on the highway and accelerate in normal conditions.

•Torque is the force that helps the vehicle start moving from a stop and pulls it up steep hills. Torque steps in again to provide power when you're hauling items or towing something behind the vehicle.

•Higher torque ratings are more important than high horsepower ratings if you like to pull , hug some good corners haul heavy loads or drive on roads with long, steep grades. (Hill Zig Zag Hill)

•If you like to see how fast you can get from stoplight to stoplight -- or if you do a lot of other quick acceleration driving -- horsepower is more important. (dragging or highway star)

Keep in mind that horsepower and torque don't necessarily peak at the same rpm. They can differ by a small to wide range. Reviews don't always include the peak rpm for horsepower ratings, but they're available in factory specifications.

Don't assume that you need the Car that's advertised as having the highest horsepower or torque in its class. If it suits you in other ways, sure, go ahead and buy it. Put some thought into how you like the car to perform and your main usage before you decide to spend extra money now -- and pay more for gas later -- to buy a Car with more power than you need.

My 2 Cents....Happy Modding....:driver:

gsr06,

sometimes a car have too much power is also not a good thing for driving, coz you cannot control the car. i have drove before 300-400bhp cars, in a straight line, one word, SCARY. but when it comes to narrow uphill course, the owners of these monster oso dun dare to push, coz the engine respond is hard to predict.

example of monster scary car : Camaro V8 - 300++ bhp (just tekan n all hell break loose) straight line champion

example of a welltuned car : Lotus Exige 1800cc - 130bhp (More practical for a driver who likes speed and control) twisty narrow course champion

but if a car regardless NA or well tuned turbo, if the engine is not too powerful (140-180bhp), if it's tuned right and is able to be driven heel-toe or left foot braking, then this car will be able to shine in the corners. the most crucial tuning for these steep courses are 2800rpm-6000rpm. anything later than 4000rpm is considered lumpy and too slow. and for those engine need highboost or highrpm torque pull, how long can it last ? before 50% of the course I believe already facing overheating problem.

Last edited:
Who would win Genting uphill battle? SNeo CPS, Honda B16A VTEC, Toyota Vios, or Myvi... maybe a mad driver driving a Kancil L2 will win afterall :P

Who would win Genting uphill battle? SNeo CPS, Honda B16A VTEC, Toyota Vios, or Myvi... maybe a mad driver driving a Kancil L2 will win afterall :P

GSR06,
I will suggest youto gt a high torque 4 wheel drive ride for your needs and satisfaction.
Mark X 4WD is o of them....:biggrin:

Mark X is very expensive wor...If I am not mistaken, there are 2 types of Toyota Mark X right?

there you go, play hillroads main 3 things are important, lightweight.....good handling, and good traction. power alone is not enough

So, who will win if it's based on all your inputs above?

All in all, the driver matters the most....so my prediction is correct huh...mad driver with a Kancil L2 will win afterall:driver:

the driver's skills 30% , familarity with the road 30% , car handling n power 40%

even pro always practise n familarize a hill course before pushing.

Last edited:
In my opinion, combination of car + driver matters a lot...and he driver must understand the characteristics of the car well before s/he can push to the limit. Also, I agree with you that the driver must also know the course well. Else, disaster can happen anytime...see Kimi is driving rally now but I hear too many times of him flipping the cars eventhough he got a potential in F1 but not in Rally. For his case, he got skills, with a good car, should be familiar with the roads before the race, not sure about other factors...

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom