4g67 turbo..

speed2horizon

2,000 RPM
Jun 4, 2006
hi paranoid_android ....

if your evo block still in good condition.... no need lah replace it with vr4.... evo block can handle.. no prob... why you wanna push yr turbo to the limit?? no good lah...

better put yr money upgrade yr td05 to 20g or find new good turbo... bullseye maybe...
standalone no need lah for minor upgrade..... just emanage blue + ignition harness ok already..
ensure enough fuel & proper tune ...
The sifu has spoken...

However, According to people whom used TD05 with 20g fin also some lesson from Tong turbo, 20g is way oversized for what the housing is capable of delivering. Performance range is within 1.2 bar. Anything higher will choke the housing.

hurmm, maybe I will do that, put evo piston in vr4 blok and I will be using evo head. Just dont know how much machine shop will charged to fit that evo piston into vr4 rod :smokin: u have evo piston lying down? :biggrin: I assume evo lsd gearbox at Alvin workshop is yours? I'm buying it from mell but have no time to pick it up yet..

---------- Post added at 04:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:24 PM ----------

I'm just afraid evo block cannot stand 1.6bar of tdo5.. from what I read, evo can stand until 1.3bar only.. U got experience evo block 400hp bro? hope u can share..

no budget for new turbo bro and I just want to keep my engine below 400hp.. as for standalone, for me its a good investment for future upgrade plus I can extract few more potential of tdo5..I already using e-manage blue..
Normally it's the pistons that fails. not the block brudder. BTW, a front wheel drive >350WHP is not easy to handle. If u have LSD, things are better. But still, it's not something fun to drive except for straight road.

Bro nan83, if I'm not mistaken, panaroid_android is using TD05 16g from EVO 3 with bigger compressor wheel.

Last edited:

paranoid_android

500 RPM
Jul 27, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
thanks nan83 for the links.. i have calculate and maximum boost i can achieve is [email protected] at 6500rpm.. FYI, I shift at 6.5k rpm so meaning I still can boost 1.5bar in my conditioned..

Btw, thanks a lot bro nan83 :biggrin:
now I know how to calculate it

---------- Post added at 08:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:20 PM ----------

The sifu has spoken...

However, According to people whom used TD05 with 20g fin also some lesson from Tong turbo, 20g is way oversized for what the housing is capable of delivering. Performance range is within 1.2 bar. Anything higher will choke the housing.

Normally it's the pistons that fails. not the block brudder. BTW, a front wheel drive >350WHP is not easy to handle. If u have LSD, things are better. But still, it's not something fun to drive except for straight road.

Bro nan83, if I'm not mistaken, panaroid_android is using TD05 16g from EVO 3 with bigger compressor wheel.
actually not the piston but rods usually failed in evo blok..
>350hp ok with me as I drive at straight road only :biggrin:
I only drag, no corner2 :driver:

Last edited:

nan83

Known Member
Nov 14, 2004
Pasir Mas,Kel
thanks nan83 for the links.. i have calculate and maximum boost i can achieve is [email protected] at 6500rpm.. FYI, I shift at 6.5k rpm so meaning I still can boost 1.5bar in my conditioned..

Btw, thanks a lot bro nan83 :biggrin:
now I know how to calculate it

yaaa... you can do that... but remember you working at critical .... maybe turbo rotate around 130000-150000rpm , turbo not efficient & air intake temperature high ..... turbo kong faster..

you need a good intercooler to cool the air intake.. hot air kill engine too ..

that why i tell to upgrade turbine.... big turbine will operate efficiently .. low air intake temp, low turbine rotate .... = long life turbo & long life engine...

that mean - 350hp with td05 = not safe... (stock engine)
- 350hp with bigger turbine = safe (stock also)

that why a lots ppl say turbo engine manja..... coz they dunno how to upgrade... just wanna up boost only...

forge piston also cannot like that....

another exp:
yr target 400hp...
- use gt28rs & push it to da max + forge piston (use pump gas)
- use gt3076r just boosting at 1.5bar + stock piston (use pump gas)

both can get 400hp... i believe gt28rs +forge piston will kong faster ...

the gt3076r with just stock piston will survive & no big prob..

with good setup & tuning... evo block can tahan 400hp++ .... but dun abuse it lah...

Last edited:

paranoid_android

500 RPM
Jul 27, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
yaaa... you can do that... but remember you working at critical .... maybe turbo rotate around 130000-150000rpm , turbo not efficient & air intake temperature high ..... turbo kong faster..

you need a good intercooler to cool the air intake.. hot air kill engine too ..

that why i tell to upgrade turbine.... big turbine will operate efficiently .. low air intake temp, low turbine rotate .... = long life turbo & long life engine...

that mean - 350hp with td05 = not safe... (stock engine)
- 350hp with bigger turbine = safe (stock also)

that why a lots ppl say turbo engine manja..... coz they dunno how to upgrade... just wanna up boost only...

forge piston also cannot like that....

another exp:
yr target 400hp...
- use gt28rs & push it to da max + forge piston (use pump gas)
- use gt3076r just boosting at 1.5bar + stock piston (use pump gas)

both can get 400hp... i believe gt28rs +forge piston will kong faster ...

the gt3076r with just stock piston will survive & no big prob..

with good setup & tuning... evo block can tahan 400hp++ .... but dun abuse it lah...
thanks a lot for ur advised bro, really appreciate it.. for now tdo5 will do until I get enough money for s256 (my dream turbo) :driver:

paranoid_android

500 RPM
Jul 27, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
if not mistaken if use forged piston with stock conrod, we have to do modified rod because forged piston use floating wrist pin differ from stock piston.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Recently I found lubricant inside the air filter area of my 20 over year old Proton Iswara. All these times, even before the full overhaul, I did not have this problem. If I am not mistaken, I think this trouble started after the recent normal service (change oil & oil filter) The PCV valve is not blocked. What could be the culprit of this pressure building inside the crankcase?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience