24th May 2009 Sunday Track Day

yehui

Jan 22, 2007
IMHO, a lot of people going to track day without proper briefing, track safety, track etiquette, rules and regulations. I'm a car newbie myself. But I've been to numerous bike track day. Bike track day is not so forgivable as serious injury or even death is very likely. It is a mandatory for bike track day to have a briefing to ensure track safety.

I can see so many break of rules that can be shown a black flag. Crossing white is actually a death wish if you ask me. Some of the faster people charging down the frontstraight with over 250 on the racing line and suddenly there is someone crossing white line, can get rape from back. Even if not crossing white line, I see a lot of people cutting straight far left into racing line to take T1. There is no need to cut into far left as you won't pick out enough speed to take the racing line to take T1.

Pit lane is one way. There is blue bar that all vehicles stay to the left of the line unless enter pit. What did we see. No parking outside pit, no smoking, no children in pit... I'm not trying to pick on people but when something happen, it will be too late.

Track day is a place to push our car to limit. But when the traffic is so heavy, there is no need to over do it. Because everyone has equal right be it racer or first timer. Preparing for any race is not an excuse at all as there are slots for racer to practice. Do you see Tengku Djan mini driving recklessly?

I apologise for any harsh word, but just wanna voice my opinion on what I see. I was in a slow Evo VIII with DAMD. I was driving so slow practically everybody overtook me:driver:. But better be save than sorry. Just wanna have fun, don't wanna lose money.

Last edited:

teo1957

Known Member
Nov 12, 2006
Many car nuts have big egos, put them in one place at the same time and KABOOM.

Good post there, yehui. :driver:

yehui

Jan 22, 2007
Actually in the track, we need to be tolerance to each other. No 2 objects can occupy a same space at the same time. Unless it is a racing scenario, overtaking at the inner corner is very rude. You are bound to slide and bang to others if you lose traction or hit the curb.

A lot of people advice newbie to stay out of racing line and let the faster driver past. But in my opinion, how many newbies know where is the racing line. Already tension managing the car, how to look left and right and rear view. So I think it is the faster and more season driver that should avoid and go around a slower one. Because they know exactly where to go, how to go and when to go. Why put the stress on newbie. Everyone is newbie at one point of time. I 've heard some racer said newbies shouldn't be allowed in open track days, it interfere with their time attack, WTF?

We just need to be tolerance to each other. Spend some time looking at rules and regulation of the track. Racing incident is bound to happen and no claim can be made. So just be careful. If not SIC plit the track day into 2 session, lagi worse. More red light, even worse. Oil spill, coolant spill... One more thing, if taking pictures in SIC, please remove the license plate. It will be come a evident against the car if "claim" is made.

Last edited:

teo1957

Known Member
Nov 12, 2006
Why put the stress on newbie. Everyone is newbie at one point of time. I 've heard some racer said newbies shouldn't be allowed in open track days, it interfere with their time attack, WTF?
yehui,

Nowadays, people won't look up to others anymore. Looking down everytime is preferred.

Genuine respect is almost non-existent nowadays. All that's left is either empathy or the lack of it.

akuma

3,000 RPM
Jul 16, 2005
Kuantan
On d briefing matter,d effort is really in all d drivers' side...i know d SIC management DID come up w a briefing but who bothered 2 attend?n der were so many late comers....just rush into d pit,empty d boot area n zoom out!dis is a norm........

1 more thg i'd like 2 touch n 4 all 2 ponder....it's abt pit etiquette..many times v c ppl blocking pit entries n exits....during last sunday,it was even worse!i was der by 1pm n tried 2 book Pit 21 4 me n my frens....tho dis MIGHT not b right in d 1st place as no1 has d right 2 book any pits,but since i was der 1st n der so MANY other empty pits,dis group COULD haf used another pit but NO,they just gotta barge into Pit 21 n occupy d whole space.....i think dis is quite unreasonable...if it was me,i think i'd ask d 1st person in d pit if d pit is occupied,since d fella came so early.....but wat happened after dis was EVEN WORST!dis group of ppl went out n so did i..but whn i came back 2 Pit 21,der was ANOTHER group in d same pit,blocking d pit entry w a black Honda Civic EK n a Toyota Hilux 4x4 occupying d pit area....BOTH cars were not entered 4 d track day...so,please lar..b a lil more considerate.....
other ppl oso got support vehicles..other pp oso got bring frens/guests over...but even those dat come w super expensive cars CAN park outside of d pit area...y cant dis ppl do d same,right?

so many stuffs 2 touch but nothg much can b done abt it..n oh..abt d newbies shud b barred frm open track days...bah!...i DISAGREE!!!awww come on......evey1 is newbie @ least once..gif chance lar....it's just like bullying those L-license learner drivers on d road.....v were @ d same position once...so,wat's d glory in bullying them,right?

yehui

Jan 22, 2007
If really interested, I think SIC'd be happy to have briefing sessiong for newbie. Just that the newbie have to be dedicated to come earlier for the briefing. It is very important to make everyone understand the different flag. May be only green, yellow, red and chequer flag would be shown but it is good to know. At least they know the meaning of each flag. If yellow flag on that stretch of track, everyone should slow down and no overtaking. Red flag everyone slow down and proceed to pit. But what I see was both yellow and red, cars are charging into corners. People overtaking left and right, left braking, e-braking...Wow....

I don't know it is possible or not for car. But for bike track day, when I first started, one of the experience riders actually ask the others rider to give 15-30minutes so that he can bring us newbie out on the track to familiarise with the track. And it is very important for newbie to have this chance. We also had some very experience rider with marshall vest on the track roaming on the track. Anyone wanna learn more just follow. He will show the racing line in a faster pace. How nice. Everyone learn, everyone enjoy, even the marshall.

snx

Known Member
May 2, 2005
KL
Wow, so much heat even after the hot sunny afternoon run! Anyway, here's a video from my run. I hope everyone had fun. :)

[youtube]xGaDumewHnU[/youtube]

Jun_EK9

1,000 RPM
Nov 20, 2003
Visit site
akuma: the 4wd n civic was blocking all the time n they took our place...then the pit is very hot because 3chic inside the 4wd wit the engine running..

having a good time in sepang n it was hotter than usual.n my aircon pipe blew lucky wasnt my engine

blue.taxi

Known Member
Nov 27, 2006
some of u guys can do very good video editing... what software to use?? perfer FOC 1 lah TQ.

Last edited:

kol_m_53100

Known Member
Feb 21, 2006
why dont you guys gather together and book the track for your self...everyone will have fun at a reasonable controlled environment...

Bump: why dont you guys gather together and book the track for your self...everyone will have fun at a reasonable controlled environment...

egiewan

500 RPM
Jul 31, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
akuma, confirm we are talking about the same GTi. It belongs to one of KSP's customers if I'm not mistaken. Anyway, dun worry...fender bender can fix maaa right?:driver:

lightningfield

2,000 RPM
Dec 29, 2004
Johor Bahru
www.ef-honda.com
lightningfield<!-- google_ad_section_end -->
nice video.....:love:
actually I was driving the white EG6 track day.......:driver:
Thanks for showing me that how i was driving......
My engine got some problems during the track day..... V-tec not open and high water temp.

:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
no wonder u were relaxing all the time on track haha :biggrin: . hope your car is ok! but dat car spun off at turn 7 was scary man!