Satria UK Spec

loose_end

3,000 RPM
Jul 29, 2009
Malaysia
I got a Satria 1.5cc 03/04 so-called know as " UK Spec Satria " .. i try to find any evidence around the car and the certificate , but there was no result stating it is " UK Spec Satria "..Therefore , do you guess have any idea what does this UK Spec mean?? and how to identify them..thanks

MitEVO_KennethF

Feb 10, 2006
As wat i know Satria UK Spec do hv ABS like GTI..i owned a Satria UK Spec but already converted to GSR before sold it :biggrin::biggrin:to me..

loose_end

3,000 RPM
Jul 29, 2009
Malaysia
As wat i know Satria UK Spec do hv ABS like GTI..i owned a Satria UK Spec but already converted to GSR before sold it :biggrin::biggrin:to me..
But how to identify a satria is UK SPEC??

loose_end

3,000 RPM
Jul 29, 2009
Malaysia
mmmhh...the steering is a four spoke one...not 2 spoke...If im not mistaken la...
erm , mine got 3 spoke..sob..fake UK Spec??..any more things to identified ??..thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

keithmin

Known Member
Apr 3, 2007
actually i own a normal satria, n my fren own a UK Spec Satria, i don`t really see any physical difference between us, but when i get in n try his car, his handling seems to be better

ExceL

1,500 RPM
Jan 6, 2004
Ampang/KL
Visit site
When I was shopping for a Satria..only clue that I could see if its a UK Spec or not is the ABS..and airbag? I dunno

loose_end

3,000 RPM
Jul 29, 2009
Malaysia
Oh , but my car don't have air bag also..Its 03/04

loose_end

3,000 RPM
Jul 29, 2009
Malaysia
Ya , i checked that earlier..I didn't see any thing stating it is UK SPEC also..but my friend said he identified it by looking at the colour , whereby the colour is GERMIS GREY..not sure wheather izzit true

zedz

Known Member
Jul 13, 2004
my 96' Satria is a UK Spec Satria. The difference are:

1) Dual reading speedo meter. MPH is on top and more visible than KMH which is only small under the MPH numberings.

2) Also, not only the speedo meter is in MPH, the counter is also in Miles.

3) Aircond panel is different. It have "winter" button. When it turns to blue color, means you have cold air coming out and when it orange, it blows hot air.

4) Proton also installed an ABS-like brake assistant at the brake pump. But rosak already and i have removed it when i installed a new brake pump last time.

5) The dashboard panel is attached with carbon fiber like panel. Others 96' Satria is only fitted with normal black dashboard panel.

Thats only the differences. Owh yea, it comes with SRS airbag steering (4 spoke).

Hope that helps.

ephique74

Known Member
May 20, 2007
Well I had a UK spec Satria before. Light purple. Sold it on 2000/2001. Details are exactly the same as you had describe zedz. Another thing is, try to knock the body of the car. UK spec cars sounds much tougher coz they are made using a different body, tougher I guess. Is urs purple? It might be me old friend... :proud:

zedz

Known Member
Jul 13, 2004
no. originally mine is White. Then i changed the color to black.

ephique74

Known Member
May 20, 2007
I prefer the UK spec than local spec Satria. It feels planted when cornering. But cons on the heavier feel.

I'm not sure bout this detail though, UK spec cars comes with a rectangular diamond logo instead of the usual karipap logos. Mine had rectangular diamond logo. Urs zedz?

Last edited:

zedz

Known Member
Jul 13, 2004
i've changed my front hood and bumper and fender to mivec long time ago. heheheh..

but yeah, i do agree about the cornering. I am very confident whenever i hit a corner with high speed if I'm in my car. But i'm not sure that if because of the UK Spec or what because i never use other Satria so i cant compare.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

My new car baru 1 month

Got a minor stonechip and my paint worn off.

What can I do

Anyone experience this?

How to Fix Stone Chips in Car Paint. Is your car gradually getting more and more stone chips in the paint after each drive? Nothing is more aggravating than ...I feel unavoidable.

Cry.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience