How to improve low end speed?

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

JINEIL2EN

Over 10,000 RPM!
Sep 6, 2004
Island Of Pearl
team99ers.2.forumer.com
yeah i think manual should be ok coz auto is kinda hard to make to be so powerful
money matters... i can see Audi R8, Ferrari, F1, WRC, DTM... all auto wat... eehehhe////

JINEIL2EN

Over 10,000 RPM!
Sep 6, 2004
Island Of Pearl
team99ers.2.forumer.com
how much is hks twin power?
new 1 rm1480, used 1 rm880...:proud:

atleast can gain 3-5 whp/ 0.8-1.3kgm of toq. dyno proven at Amoil.:proud:

deathzone

Jul 9, 2005
Kota Kinabalu
Ohh ok thanks for the info jin, anyway today i just found out my car vtec open at 5000rpm. I just bought this car half a year ago and never mod the ecu. The past owner is an uncle and never mod anything too. This car is recond year 2001 from japan and only modded with fgk sflow muffler and hks adjustable when arrive here. Does this mean my car have rechip ecu?

fobs

3,000 RPM
Apr 6, 2007

arrowhead

Aug 20, 2004
Damansara/PJ
i thought auto b16a opens the vtec at 5200? hmmm maybe i was wrong oh well. its hard to tell if ur ecu is rechipped or not... just show JIN ur ecu.. he will know! :biggrin:

deathzone

Jul 9, 2005
Kota Kinabalu
But how come mine vtec engage at 5000rpm? So far havent mod the ecu and notchet install my vafc. But i remember when i just bought the car got ' feel's ' sticker but i took it off. Maybe the past owner in japan mod it :hmmmm:

Last edited:

shiroitenshi

3,000 RPM
Apr 18, 2006
Actually the 3.7 litre is a joke. Now that is extreme low end power.. ha ha.

I still say some light tune with VAFC will do the trick, because the fuel will be rich at lower end (less power) after he changed to bigger piping.

Cams and others can wait, but since he has already, can put in, although in my experience, it never made much difference. low end is still the same, only the vtec part has better power, and even that with VAFC only.. and not much better too.

The car I was referring to used to be my friends (sold off already) and he went for VAFC tune.
EK B16a with VAFC only managed to get 3hp only at 7800rpm (but this is not where the low end power is!) seems lame, isn't it? and that's because most people only see the higher end of the dyno chart and don't care about the low end.

But from 3-5000rpm, can roughtly get about 2-10hp higher than the stock one. and decreasing as it goes up into the higher rpm ranges.

1-3K rpm usually cannot measure on the dyno.

1000-3500rpm hp and torque increase is what you want if you want low end power.
If you change to bigger cams, the only power increase you'll see in after vtec, and that too, is with proper fuelling.

deathzone

Jul 9, 2005
Kota Kinabalu
Thanks for the info shiro, then i think the best solution is change to manual tranny. Its not easy to get a manual tranny here in Sabah...if got also will be very expensive.

JINEIL2EN

Over 10,000 RPM!
Sep 6, 2004
Island Of Pearl
team99ers.2.forumer.com
Ohh ok thanks for the info jin, anyway today i just found out my car vtec open at 5000rpm. I just bought this car half a year ago and never mod the ecu. The past owner is an uncle and never mod anything too. This car is recond year 2001 from japan and only modded with fgk sflow muffler and hks adjustable when arrive here. Does this mean my car have rechip ecu?
open the ECU cover, then see la... :idea:

pencalat

500 RPM
Nov 20, 2006
JB
Yes, gonna bring to check soon. How much is a complete set 4.4 lsd gearbox? If i change to manual and use back same auto ecu will it work normally?
marketprice around rm2.6k i think...

ah-boy

Dec 2, 2006
bro dz,if u could provide the budget to all sifu here,sure they can give more suitable idea to u

dont shoot me,im just newbie:adore:

jiusan

Known Member
Feb 13, 2008
hey bout Vtec ,
does it feel like a boost , coz from what i hear ...
you say it activates at 5000 rpm ,so must be some kind of drive from the engine right ??

and may i know the full name for it ?
sorry , never driven a honda before ...:driver:

fobs

3,000 RPM
Apr 6, 2007
hey bout Vtec ,
does it feel like a boost , coz from what i hear ...
you say it activates at 5000 rpm ,so must be some kind of drive from the engine right ??

and may i know the full name for it ?
sorry , never driven a honda before ...:driver:
juz google,...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Dear all ZTH sifu,

My honda eg B16A auto for the last few weeks has a serious jerking issue. It actually started months ago but got worse last few weeks. At first it was once in a while then it become more serious and jerk everytime when stop and moving also. The car felt heavy and does not accelerate well. After checking with my mechanic it is due to burn spark plug (again), which i have just change (NGK cooper) in July and less than 3k mileage. Before that my NGK irridium also lasted...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience