26th October 2008

subcon

1,000 RPM
Apr 28, 2005
Turn 5
I have spent the last 3 months preparing for this track day so I was a little disappointed with the result, a faulty knock sensor cut my power, I was running brand new R888 semi's and 800 deg brake pads, so I would be very happy with 2:48 considering the rubber you had. I thought some of the smaller cars were going really quick!!
I also had brand new coil overs, braided brake lines, brand new turbos, injectors, ECU plus, plus, plus....As I said I expected a little more but that is motorsport, so much preparation and it's all over 3 laps in..
I will be back bigger, better, faster, stronger but not next week. I will have to look into dates for next year.
Does anyone know if you can access Sepang through any car clubs that have private bookings?
Need to get back asap.

Rgds,
Turn1
are you preparing your car for competition?

anyway you can get in touch with Mr Kumar. he's the person incharge of this track day event. im pretty sure he can help you one way or another. his mobile :0193827961 office:0387782240

Turn1

Known Member
Apr 27, 2008
Thanks for the tip, I'll get in touch with Mr Kumar this week.

I would like to progress towards time attack comps but I have a long way to go, I'm still at teething stage. For now I just like to go as fast as I can around a track. I have a fair bit of track experience from Australia and once in your blood it's hard to get out. Now I'm living in KUL the saga continues. I've only had the Cefiro for 3 months.
Look forward to meeting you next time. Sorry no more photos from the track only car park shots of the car.

Cheers.
Turn1

romen_

Known Member
Aug 31, 2005
kl
Hi guys, i'm adrian (in the myvi), great first track day for me too :D
guess you guys all probably lapped me countless times :rofl:

subcon, you were with the group of 6-7 dc5's + ek? saw a group stopped after the KLIA toll!
Pity the dude in the imprezza, engine caught fire o.O

I've got a few beginner vids here, might be too slow for you guys :biggrin:

Unfortunate Subaru on fire
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ThDtcrnwc4&fmt=18

Friend giving me pointers
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rswwptNsveg&fmt=18

Last few laps of the day
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zRramh0md5U&fmt=18

blue.taxi

Known Member
Nov 27, 2006
Romen,
TQ for the video...

Turn1,
We saw ur A31... but what happen to the bumper?? my also hv a crack too damn it!! We r the small group of scooby. U did drive pass us in the pit area when the event is over.
Happy tracking to u..

subcon

1,000 RPM
Apr 28, 2005
Turn 5
subcon, you were with the group of 6-7 dc5's + ek? saw a group stopped after the KLIA toll!
l like your nick romen! heh! heh!

yes you are rite! i'm coming with a group of DC5. anyway care to share with us your MYVI 's suspension setup? it's a good info for other myvi's owner.

Last edited:

mist

Known Member
Sep 20, 2004
Visit site
Thanks for the tip, I'll get in touch with Mr Kumar this week.

I would like to progress towards time attack comps but I have a long way to go, I'm still at teething stage. For now I just like to go as fast as I can around a track. I have a fair bit of track experience from Australia and once in your blood it's hard to get out. Now I'm living in KUL the saga continues. I've only had the Cefiro for 3 months.
Look forward to meeting you next time. Sorry no more photos from the track only car park shots of the car.

Cheers.
Turn1
hi there,

there are a couple of Singapore-based car clubs that you could join, they run 6-8 trackdays a year at SIC, time-attack competitions and also various autokhana events in Sg. google: traction circle club (TCC) and SGtrackies.

Cheers,
KJ

steadymatrock

Jan 6, 2007
SG trackies u need to be a member to join. The last when i joined them, they had 80 over cars. A bit too much I think. TCC I'm not so sure but IMO both are money making clubs.

romen_

Known Member
Aug 31, 2005
kl
l like your nick romen! heh! heh!

yes you are rite! i'm coming with a group of DC5. anyway care to share with us your MYVI 's suspension setup? it's a good info for other myvi's owner.
you guys sure had lotsa fun, eating a few of the turbos out there :rofl:

i'm on titans, 5kg for the front, slightly chopped stock rear springs (1/2 circle) for the rear (around 3kg i guess)
absorbers are pretty stiff, but there was still lotsa body roll
time for front and rear ARBs :biggrin:

Last edited:

pimpin323

500 RPM
Oct 6, 2004
you guys sure had lotsa fun, eating a few of the turbos out there :rofl:

i'm on titans, 5kg for the front, slightly chopped stock rear springs (1/2 circle) for the rear (around 3kg i guess)
absorbers are pretty stiff, but there was still lotsa body roll
time for front and rear ARBs :biggrin:
your myvi turbo err? losta black smoke coming out

romen_

Known Member
Aug 31, 2005
kl
your myvi turbo err? losta black smoke coming out
nah, just running a low boost supercharger
RPMs above 5k not tuned well, running way too rich
gonna complete a few more mechanical mods before doing tuning again :)

p.s.: the scoobys were together in a group? just curious :D

mist

Known Member
Sep 20, 2004
Visit site
SG trackies u need to be a member to join. The last when i joined them, they had 80 over cars. A bit too much I think. TCC I'm not so sure but IMO both are money making clubs.
Both clubs, you need to pay a yearly membership fee. attendance at their trackdays varies ... yesterday afternoon's TCC only had 20 cars :)

From past experience, TCC & SGtrackies private trackdays are typically far more enjoyable thanks to hands-on management by their respective committees of the event.

Example:- Sepang Open trackdays don't even have a briefing for newbies who have no clue what the lights and flags mean - safety problems galore.

On Sunday, I saw cars still zooming around ignoring the red lights whilst sepang marshalls tried to sort out the mess at the braking zone into Turn 1. Then when those fellas finally reached the trouble spot again, they had to reverse down the main straight to get back to the pitlane and out of the track after getting a telling off.

Also, there seems to be no awareness that drivers exiting the pitlane onto the track should NEVER cut across the white line to the left. Fast cars coming down the main straight into the braking zone may be travelling ~ 250km/h, they ain't gonna stop in time if some idiot cuts straight out onto the racing line upon exiting the pit lane...

/end rant. lol

Of course, a Sepang open day with few cars is even better, save $$ heheh. But with the heavy booking of the track, open days this year have been quite busy, lots of first timers = lots of red light sessions.... :( i'm sure some here were present at the Federal Highway-style trackday earlier this year (February?) ......

Last edited:

blue.taxi

Known Member
Nov 27, 2006
As I think SIC can put up a big sign board at the pit area & pass out a short hand out to all driver as they sign up.

Like that day I saw 1 car no. xxx 7 zoom pass every one in corners as everyone was trying to slow down for went into the pit area. this guy still wanna full throttle after turn 15... haha... then only he saw the 5 big red lights then try to back up into pit... :stupid::stupid:

btw, can the site admin or some one post up the basic rules & flags in the top of this topic??

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Dear All

i accidently broken a bolt during tighten my oil line from turbo to oil sump. the broken nut sunk inside and the bolt size is 10mm. Do anyone experience this and how to remove the stud/nut.::banghead:

Do i need to use special tool? the bolt size is quite small and difficult to drill the stud.

Can anyone suggest the 'stud removal tool' available on the market and where to get it?
or anyone have a good suggestion how to remove this stud.?

I try to remove it first and dont...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience