Dastek Unichip

m1adam

Known Member
Feb 23, 2006
mr gti u said ur using SVDO on ur GTI how is it u can fit an adjustable cam pulley on ur SVDO system,because as i know the slightest advanced in the intake cam pulley the cam sensor will detect an error hence ur car will be able to start but ur engine check will illuminate and ur car wont be able to perform to its max(retarded ignition can only rev to 4000rpm only) SVDO system does not allow adjustable intake cam pulley to operate,ive seen R3 tech's fitting adjustable cam pulley at the exhaust cam which makes me laugh bcos SVDO cant support adjustable cam pulley,Mr Gti can give explanation how did u get the adjutable cam pulley to work im amazed n interested how u do it,Unless its da same as ive seen adjustable cam pulley at the exhaust cam.

potssum

Jan 17, 2005
just to let u know... all satria R3 are all equip with adjustable cam pulley on the exhaust side... by turning a few degree on the cam pulley u can notice a different in performance...(good acceleration, good top end.. but again its depend on your tuning...) but on the intake side... all of them still using stock cam pulley(but one sr3 that use both on the intake and on exhaust but that still not confirm) the long and the short u can use cam pulley on your siemens ems system

m1adam

Known Member
Feb 23, 2006
another info for u, the main reason to install adjustable cam pulley is to adjust ur valve timing where u actually increase ur valve overlapping time higher degree so in order to utilise this theory u need adjustable pulleys on the intake and also the exhaust so by installing the adjustable pulley at the exhaust is rubbish.

handsomeboy

Known Member
Apr 6, 2007
hmmmmm im using a satria neo.. n i installed adjustable campulley on both(intake n also exhaust) n i felt the difference.. n it eliminated the campro lag n more pickup. n one more thing,i still dont understand bout the full throttle shift.

so if im using unichip n enable that feature, i can shift while my right foot is flooring the pedal??? sorry noob here...

cuscostrutbrace

500 RPM
Jul 10, 2004
I have installed adjustable cam pulley on Campro both intake and exhaust with 258/258 cams,and running with standard SVDO ecu,idle is smooth,revving till rev cut no problems at all.SVDO is a smart ecu,it can adapt itself for small mods.

Actually installing cam pulleys on either intake or exhaust also can increase overlap,do some research first.Toyota 20valve 4age only advances intake but not exhaust,still can increase overlap.

Full throttle shift is shifting without lifting your foot off the throttle,it keeps the engine from overreving by utilising rev cut right at the moment you shift.

potssum

Jan 17, 2005
another info for u, the main reason to install adjustable cam pulley is to adjust ur valve timing where u actually increase ur valve overlapping time higher degree so in order to utilise this theory u need adjustable pulleys on the intake and also the exhaust so by installing the adjustable pulley at the exhaust is rubbish.

ic.... so what are trying to proof then?? R3 people are rubish cuz... just install adjustable cam pulley just on the exhaust side(150 rubbish tuned car roaming the streets of malaysia) ??? yeah i do know what are the function of cam pulley... tq for your additional explanation.... but come to think about it why just use one.. instead of 2 adjustable cam pulley.... anyway... my point is... if most of us experience the difference in performance...while dialing the cam pulley regardless intake or exhaust.... this shows that the tuning of your cam pulleyh does work.... not rubish... sampah... or garbage.... if u want proof... i can post up the picture of my car with just one adjustable cam pulley... and also dyno sheet to proof it (done my dyno tuning)

Last edited:

gtiwtks

Known Member
Aug 10, 2006
2 " Full exhaust system from extractor, K&N Drop in Filter, NGK Iridium Sparks Plug, Pivot range of voltage stabilizer, Mythelogy dampened lighten crank pulley, and adjustable cam pulley. Why loosing hp after 6500 ah, coz i hardly reach more then that and i prefer a car with more torque. So i ask the tuner to tune max for torque instead of hp. But i refer to a few dyno result which include r3 stage 2 car with modified header and cam also loosing hp after 6500.

Last edited:

gtiwtks

Known Member
Aug 10, 2006
Potssum,

Cool down la dude. No need to be so "HOT". LOL. We all just share some information over here.

M1adam,

Like sifu cuscostructbrace said svdo is a smart ecu. It can adapt small mod but the result will be better if you have a piggyback to fine tune it.

Handsomeboy,

I ask my tuner already the ft shifting mostly use on turbo car to minimise boost lost while shifting. U still need to step on your cluth to shift.

handsomeboy

Known Member
Apr 6, 2007
gtiwtks, so let me get this straight.. lets put me in this situation. (lets say)

im doing a drag race with my friend. so after i launch, ill rev towards redline at 6.5 k rpm, then at that point, (after i enable the FT shift) i DO NOT need to lift my right foot? just leave it paddle to the metal n then press the clutch n shift as normal??

sorry for asking again..just wanna make myself clear...

potssum

Jan 17, 2005
haha soo sorry... just sum times get carried away... soo sorry no harm intended peace...

m1adam

Known Member
Feb 23, 2006
handsomeboy u did that to a neo im impressed coz i hav actually tried adjustable pulley to a 4G15 usin SVDO ems it didnt work the engine warning lamp came on and fault code "cylinder 1 signal missing" means the ecu cant detect the 1st cylinder location either BTDC, TDC so im nt 2 sure bout SVDO system on the campro engine which actually allows cam timing to be adjusted,how many degree hav u adjusted on the intake and exhaust cam pulley coz im very sure that by doin so into the Satria GTi R3 it wont work at the intake pulley.

Another info is that 4AGE engine utilizes a vvti engine so variable valve timing is only applied to the intake cam only same goes to Honda Vtec and many more.

potssum

Jan 17, 2005
erm m1adam.. just curios... why is it siemens based gti cant use the adjustable cam pulley on the intake side?? been asking this around... but cant get any answer... even in the R3 forum they cant gif me a very satisfying answer... but from what i heard... only mmc based can use the adjustable cam pulley on the intake....

handsomeboy

Known Member
Apr 6, 2007
m1adam, i dont know bout the degree..sorry. my mech adjust it for me n ask me to test. if im not satisfied, he will tune again for me till i satisfy. i think he know a few settings.. hmmmm and no, no check light on or watever.. but sometimes my engine will die. cuz i like this setting n he said this setting can make the engine die somtimes.. but i dont mind as long as im happy with the performance. :)

p/s: the engine die only occurs during idle. not when im driving/moving

m1adam

Known Member
Feb 23, 2006
ur rite mr potssum only the mmc based ems can use adjustable pulley on the intake coz the mmc ems allows the intake cam degree to be advanced bt seimens system does not allow intake cam 2 be advanced coz the cam angle sensor at the intake cam will actually tell the ecu where is the location of the 1st cylinder either TDC/BDC(Top Dead Centre/Bottom Dead Centre) for example the 4g15 engine usin SVDO system under the cam angle sensor is the camshaft at the end part of the camshaft is a metal groove that feeds back info to the cam angle sensor the position of the 1st cylinder so that the ecu knows how to start the firing and injection time and bla bla bla lotsa stuff.This process takes place when u just start ur car so if the position of that groove is at a wrong position the cam angle sensor cant detect where is the groove located thus does nt know the location of the 1st cylinder ur car will start but u will have lotsa symptoms like misfiring,car die off when idle and unable to rev up pass 4000rpm,so 4 SVDO system u cant utilize this adjustable pulley same goes to Satria R3,R3 guys know that Satria R3 uses SVDO system and that adjustable pulley does not work onto their Satria so to maintain the hype they install it at the exhaust end at least still can sell their product so people with no info bout SVDO system will say waaaah sure power 1 use adjustable pulley at exhaust wats the point make the exhaust go out faster the intake time should be longer not the exhaust time.In other words more fuel more air bigger bang.

im very amazed that a satria neo owned by handsome boy is usin an adjustable pulley for his campro where campro uses SVDO system which does not allow cam pulley advanced,handsomeboy try ask ur mech wat degree did he set the intake cam im afraid he adjust ur exhaust cam only the intake he din adjust,and maybe he retard ur exhaust pulley thats why ur car die off while idle u make sure u know whats he doing 2 ur car whether hes doin it rite or wrong try ask him what is the valve timing of campro engine if he does not know that means he's a hoax fomen
2 actually know how much to advanced the intake time and the exhaust time u need 2 1st understand the stock valve timing then u can play around so dont b fooled by people who dont know anytin bout campro

potssum

Jan 17, 2005
ic... ok let say if i were to use 272 on the intake... thats means the duration of the opening should be longer rite?? em meaning that u can only select the duration of the cam(272,268,264,258, etc etc etc)... but u cant fine tune it with adjustable cam pulley, am i rite?? juts another question let say that u were to tune the exhaust side... i heard that by making the exhaust go out faster... it will benefits the engine in ways that.... it will create a vacuum to suck in more air from the intake.. also.... it will clear out any left over gases and make way for more fresh air for the next combustion cycle...

gtiwtks

Known Member
Aug 10, 2006
Just to share

Got my car retune twice.... FOC... Really satisfaction guarantee... LOL

First time retune becoz power can be only felt after 3k rpm due to close
loop. So Robyn make it open loop 2k rpm onwards. So power come as early
as 2k rpm. But the stupid ems400 fuzzy. Show fault code when cruising
between 2k rpm to 3 k rpm becoz sensor detect rich since close loop want
clean emission.

Second time manage to make the fault code not showing during cruising.
He also help me to reroute my OCT and add a valve to control idling
through unichip to cure the Siemens sensitive tb problem.

Yesterday saw his Integra with a built in touch screen pc. Cool. LOL. Now
waiting for the Unichip Display, Map selector, Dyno Kit and Affortable
NOS System. LOL.

revolution3

Known Member
Jan 20, 2004
i already email to jolyn rs impresive ..she qout me 2.7k for complete tuning and intallation unichip.. so inspansive lah.. why other friend told me the chips rm1k+-..confuse..

jo-e34

Known Member
Apr 18, 2005
seremban
i already email to jolyn rs impresive ..she qout me 2.7k for complete tuning and intallation unichip.. so inspansive lah.. why other friend told me the chips rm1k+-..confuse..
i guess what your fren told you was the purchasing and installation of a N/A module which costs u approx 2.1k, whereas for a force induction module is at 2.7k and additional charges for extra mappings during installations.......:burnout:

revolution3

Known Member
Jan 20, 2004
i guess what your fren told you was the purchasing and installation of a N/A module which costs u approx 2.1k, whereas for a force induction module is at 2.7k and additional charges for extra mappings during installations.......:burnout:
ya la bros.. i aready check again with my friend .. there told me 2.1k for na machines.. for turbo 2.7k complete turbo module.. hehe.. wahh.. must corek duit tabung hehe..

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

This is Day 9 of 9 days of non-stop detailing. The Finale. We have here a Bently Continental GT. A monstrous car with a monstrous W12 Twin Turbo engine. The Car is almost "new" as it just came back from a paint job. With not much damages and a very glossy finish.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience