Choice of Project Car

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Just noticed that the round fuel cap is not as big as the square Evo type, so its' harder than i thought. Will keep you posted once i done it. Currently looking for bolt on Evo rear fender from the USA, they have FRP made ready to ship out.

Rebore the old engine is risky, and furthermore i don't think i can bore it till the 2.4 litre range, i have to play around with the stroke ratio too, means i will be needing 2.4 crankshaft, conrod, and custom compression pistons for higher compression.
Don't bother with the fuel cap la. There's more than one way to tell an ori EVO X and even with all the bodykits and fuel cap swaps, there's still one more undeniable way to tell. I'm keeping it to myself though. Cuz I'm a stingy bugger. :biggrin:

Reboring not an issue la. You'll probably need to bore out about 1-1.5mm width and the stroke will take care of the rest. Dooooo itttttt.. And if a 1.8 Putra can be bored out to 2.2, I'm pretty sure your 2.0 can bore out to a 2.4.

y2188

Known Member
Jan 4, 2016
Petaling Jaya
Don't bother with the fuel cap la. There's more than one way to tell an ori EVO X and even with all the bodykits and fuel cap swaps, there's still one more undeniable way to tell. I'm keeping it to myself though. Cuz I'm a stingy bugger. :biggrin:

Reboring not an issue la. You'll probably need to bore out about 1-1.5mm width and the stroke will take care of the rest. Dooooo itttttt.. And if a 1.8 Putra can be bored out to 2.2, I'm pretty sure your 2.0 can bore out to a 2.4.
Putra can be bored to 2.2? Wahhh whats the piston size lol cause even overbore 2mm it'll still be 19XX cc in capacity, unless u stroke it :confused:

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh

The bulged roof?

marsha1l_v6

500 RPM
Aug 1, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
I spotted one Lancer/Inspira at SS2 with bulged roof. Even done square fuel cap and widebody conversion.
Missing the intercooler?

Went to penang this week and visit my one stop accessories shop, he thought I put a fake intercooler :mad:
He said there are people willing to mod and put dummy intercooler.. :stupid:

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Missing the intercooler?

Went to penang this week and visit my one stop accessories shop, he thought I put a fake intercooler :mad:
Intercooler is missing for this Lancer/Inspira. Brembo brakes are not there. The projector headlamps are not there as well but for Evo X, the RS variant doesn't come with projector headlamps either.

I saw before a Lancer GT for sale at mudah few years ago with a very convincing Evo X conversion along with a dummy intercooler. Last time, my friend owns a Kancil with a dummy intercooler at front, just to make the car look like it is fiercer. The intercooler is a real intercooler but not connected to anything.

Here are some photo of the Lancer GT that I mentioned. I posted them before over here in ZTH.

sweelt

2,000 RPM
Nov 6, 2016
Penang
Missing the intercooler?

Go pg din cari makan.? U went to which shop

marsha1l_v6

500 RPM
Aug 1, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
Go pg din cari makan.? U went to which shop
Cari makan also.. Evo3 engine can't carry the car weight now.. Hahaha

The shop I went is at batu maung. Normal shop like others, nothing special. Its just went I stay penang last time, that's the nearest shop with good PR n I can trust them.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

It was a hectic end to 2010 for the boys from Norfolk with no less than five new models previewed at the Paris Motor Show and a new directionality in terms of their branding. So with 2011 finally upon us, it would appear that the hectic lifestyle will not be coming to a halt as the Lotus group saw three driver announcements, an international motorsport show, a 24 hours endurance race, the unveiling of their...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience