What are you driving now?

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Your car also got the 180kph speed cut? This is similar to someone in our club last time got overtaken by a Kelisa coz he had not removed his speed cut. :biggrin:

Whoa only 7-8km/ltr, that's ridiculous leh.

Why did you need the front grill and all that? Got accident?
Speed cut? It's the max on my meter and it wouldn't go higher and kept bouncing off so I assume yes. Cut.

And yes.. accident. Nudged a lorries ass at the traffic light. Grill, hood and bumper gone case.

FD2R owners who use their car for daily driving and cannot torerate the 'concrete' suspension usually change their stock suspension to 'softer' aftermarket adjustable suspension... :biggrin:
I've been in a FD2R and driven it too. I quite like the suspension. I have old bones and I think it's quite nice. A little jumpy but nice. Paging Titanrev.. come FR

Usually when they on the way to get it, damn happy, got new car. AFTER they get it and start suffering, they will rage at STD.

So remember kids, STD is not fun. Don't happy for 5 minutes and suffer for 50 years.
Damn right. Always use protection. HAHAHAHA!

Different la, Sylphy got bigger rear seat, so when you wanna get jiggy with it in the rear seat, easier.
I personally can completely straighten my legs when I sit at the back and my wife in the driver seat adjusted to her seating position. But I'm always the driver for my cars so what I can tell you about the STD is it has loads of space and probably is the most spacious in its category. In fact even in the next category up, it's comparable to the likes of Camrys and Accords in terms of space and comfort only losing to the elder brother - Teana.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
FD2R owners who use their car for daily driving and cannot torerate the 'concrete' suspension usually change their stock suspension to 'softer' aftermarket adjustable suspension... :biggrin:
They should be driving the FD2 then......hahhahahhaha:rofl:

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Been driving an Odyssey RB3 for the past 2 years. Almost stock condition. The only thing I changed was a set of Weds copy rims. An old man now. No more heavy foot. No more 9000rpm. No more Toyo R1R. No more 304 border. :biggrin:
Still a nice car. What car are you driving previously?

Very different leh the FD2 & FD2R! FD2R feels much harsher coz everything is stiffer: the chassis, the suspension, the tires also thinner (225/40/18 vs 215/45/17).
That is why I said Izso should get the normal FD2.

the 'R' is a whole diferent beast
R for racing.

I think going for Ohlins DFV is a good solution to solve the overly harsh suspension.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
That is why I said Izso should get the normal FD2.

I think going for Ohlins DFV is a good solution to solve the overly harsh suspension.
Nah.. the FD2 is too cramped and I was in the market for space and comfort. Not performance.

And out of curiosity, wat makes you think the Ohlins suspension will do all that? Have you tried it?

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Evo probably cheaper maintenance cost due to certain common parts shared with lancer, and half cut having LOADS of stuff available, plus lots of OEM choices.
This sounds saddening for Sylphy owners.

Nah.. the FD2 is too cramped and I was in the market for space and comfort. Not performance.

And out of curiosity, wat makes you think the Ohlins suspension will do all that? Have you tried it?
So in that segment, only Sylphy offered the best space and comfort of its class?

I've read a few opinion articles before regarding Ohlins DFV suspension including a one that is equipped on a FD2R. Isn't it the DFV feature is there to absorb bumps and impact from normal roads with the first valve while a secondary valve is activated during hard cornering?

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines

seriously i think u will need to reconsider the legacy wagon... :driver:

once u and your family were inside..they will love it...

and when u were driving alone.... u will :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
So in that segment, only Sylphy offered the best space and comfort of its class?

I've read a few opinion articles before regarding Ohlins DFV suspension including a one that is equipped on a FD2R. Isn't it the DFV feature is there to absorb bumps and impact from normal roads with the first valve while a secondary valve is activated during hard cornering?
Yes.. Sylphy offers the best space for its segment. Altis, Mazda 3, Cerato, Elantra are all not comparable at all in space.

So basically this DFV works the same as the Koni FSD? Interesting.

and when u were driving alone.... u will :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
I dunno.. I'm not crazy about the wagon look. Never liked it never will.

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh

Actually, BP5 Legacy sedan should also be okay for him since he din't like the wagon look. The price for used one is also around the price of a used Sylphy anyway.

Yes.. Sylphy offers the best space for its segment. Altis, Mazda 3, Cerato, Elantra are all not comparable at all in space.

Yes, DFV works something like what your described here.

http://www.zerotohundred.com/newforums/showthread.php?p=1064653253

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Speed cut? It's the max on my meter and it wouldn't go higher and kept bouncing off so I assume yes. Cut.

And yes.. accident. Nudged a lorries ass at the traffic light. Grill, hood and bumper gone case.

Ic, if like that, you should not have continue to max out until they slowly leave you behind. You should just try to quickly leave them behind first. Then after they're left several hundred meters behind and you already maxed out at 180kph, you just slowed down first, move over then let them go ahead. So they'd think you don't want to layan them anymore after you beat them so they cannot get their revenge, while in fact you already cannot go faster (but they might not know right?). :biggrin: Otherwise actually no need to layan lesser cars leh, nothing to gain in the first place (if you win you're expected to coz you have better more expensive car, but if you loose you're just boosting their ego leh!)

Was this accident when you used that crap Nexen?

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines

then the sedan version are plenty to choose from...:driver:

sweelt

2,000 RPM
Nov 6, 2016
Penang
Ic, if like that, you should not have continue to max out until they slowly leave you behind. You should just try to quickly leave them behind first. Then after they're left several hundred meters behind and you already maxed out at 180kph, you just slowed down first, move over then let them go ahead. So they'd think you don't want to layan them anymore after you beat them so they cannot get their revenge, while in fact you already cannot go faster (but they might not know right?). :biggrin: Otherwise actually no need to layan lesser cars leh, nothing to gain in the first place (if you win you're expected to coz you have better more expensive car, but if you loose you're just boosting their ego leh!)

let them cucuk lahhh...once clear, full throttle / boost. :rofl:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Nah. I just wasn't paying attention at a traffic stop and car was creeping forward and lightly rear ended a lorry who didn't feel a thing and my bumper and stuff crumpled.

then the sedan version are plenty to choose from...:driver:
Tbh.. I'm not a huge subaru fan la. I'm a Evo feller. hahaha!

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
let them cucuk lahhh...once clear, full throttle / boost. :rofl:
if me...

i'll let them pass....then lets play a game. . . . .

see where hey gonna run..if they can run at all :rofl:

and watching they zigzagging left right emergency lane much..then i was still pretty much catch-up with just maintaining in fast lane :smokin:

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

i wld like to take this opportunity to wish all my Muslim frens here in zth n across d globe a SELAMAT HARI RAYA AIDILFITRI MAAF ZAHIR & BATIN..

To those driving back to kg,do drive safe n have a wonderful n well deserved break...

God bless...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience