Accidentally filled diesel into petrol engine

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

sweelt

2,000 RPM
Nov 6, 2016
Penang
Becos i always heard of diesel called "euu sai" @ taik minyak.
Is clean actually compare old days.

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Did that City went for engine overhaul?
Don't know, based on the TS, not yet needed OH, maybe the driver realized immediately after pumping hence did not drive it but got it towed to the workshop. The repair estimates shows only like replacing fuel pump and cleaning etc2.

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
It is an accident apparently. Because the owner of the van borrowed it to his friend. Meanwhile for the one that borrowed the van, he thought that all vans use only diesel, so he filled it up with diesel.
How is it an accident. The diesel nozzle is physically larger than petrol receptacle hole, unless the van's hole is stretched out like goatse.

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
That is the thing. But I don't know what is euu sai, in cantonese we call it differently but still means oil shit. I googled for photos of diesel, some of it are orange in colour while some is totally black? :confused:

Don't know, based on the TS, not yet needed OH, maybe the driver realized immediately after pumping hence did not drive it but got it towed to the workshop. The repair estimates shows only like replacing fuel pump and cleaning etc2.
Seems like the City is still not much harmed.

How is it an accident. The diesel nozzle is physically larger than petrol receptacle hole, unless the van's hole is stretched out like goatse.
Now, this is new to me as I din't know about the difference in diesel nozzle. But since so many had done it before, means it is possible to forcefully put the diesel nozzle into petrol receptacle hole. :banghead:

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Yup, Cantonese also call "yau see"....lol
But not thick like engine oil. In fact, mechanic sometimes use to clean engine parts, some stations use to clean engine compartment

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
That is the thing. But I don't know what is euu sai, in cantonese we call it differently but still means oil shit. I googled for photos of diesel, some of it are orange in colour while some is totally black? :confused:
Not black lah! clear yellow....:biggrin:

mag9556

2,000 RPM
Jul 11, 2006
go to youtube, there is some test that car running petrol pumping diesel and running diesel car pumping petrol..
There result is there:driver:

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Yup, Cantonese also call "yau see"....lol
But not thick like engine oil. In fact, mechanic sometimes use to clean engine parts, some stations use to clean engine compartment
That is why I thought it is thick because "yau see". And the occasional black smoke coming out from old diesel vehicles like old buses, taxis, lorries, pickup trucks.

Wouldn't petrol be more effective in cleaning? For my mechanic, he told me he use petrol to clean things.

Not black lah! clear yellow....:biggrin:
That means some pictures are misleading. Don't know why they show some pic with totally black liquid like those used dirty engine oil.

go to youtube, there is some test that car running petrol pumping diesel and running diesel car pumping petrol..
There result is there:driver:
Interesting. I'll go check it out later.

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
That is why I thought it is thick because "yau see". And the occasional black smoke coming out from old diesel vehicles like old buses, taxis, lorries, pickup trucks.

Wouldn't petrol be more effective in cleaning? For my mechanic, he told me he use petrol to clean things.
Black smoke because running fully diesel, a lot of soot actually.

I think see what they clean, they use diesel, petrol and even one chemical which can remove oil stains, even tough one that have been there for ages.....:driver:

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Black smoke because running fully diesel, a lot of soot actually.

I think see what they clean, they use diesel, petrol and even one chemical which can remove oil stains, even tough one that have been there for ages.....:driver:
But seems like modern diesel vehicles are much cleaner. Even those affected by Volkswagen dieselgate scandal din't emit black smoke until as bad as those old diesel cars in Malaysia.

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
But seems like modern diesel vehicles are much cleaner. Even those affected by Volkswagen dieselgate scandal din't emit black smoke until as bad as those old diesel cars in Malaysia.
Modern diesel now Euro 5 already mah!.....:driver:

mag9556

2,000 RPM
Jul 11, 2006
BHP and Shell advertisement gone to waste, since bro. RENESIS did not see them.........hhahhahahhaha
He dont use "yau see" ma.. he eat yau cha kueh only...:nurse::biggrin:

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
aiyooo...have dy. 10-20 cent expensive than normal diesel.
But power bit lah, and clean.
You tried before?

BHP and Shell advertisement gone to waste, since bro. RENESIS did not see them.........hhahhahahhaha
Now that you mentioned it, I think I only noticed BHP but not Shell. Really gone to waste. :rofl:

He dont use "yau see" ma.. he eat yau cha kueh only...:nurse::biggrin:
Hahahahaha. I use "hak yau" only.

sweelt

2,000 RPM
Nov 6, 2016
Penang
my brother drive ford ranger mahh...he try euro5 diesel at shell. Thats how i know.
Not every station have this special petrol/diesel , euro5, ron100...
my wira, ron95 only.
Still miss the blue color V-power. :biggrin:

Last edited:

mag9556

2,000 RPM
Jul 11, 2006
Hahahahaha. I use "hak yau" only.
mentioning about this (sorry out of topic a bit) still remember that 1st time own a car and send to service, curious to know how to change engine oil and they told me the "hak yau" and stupidly though it is black color where complaint to the owner why gave me this kindly of lubricant? the boss laugh at me and explain to me...:biggrin:

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
my brother drive ford ranger mahh...he try euro5 diesel at shell. Thats how i know.
Not every station have this special petrol/diesel , euro5, ron100...
my wira, ron95 only.
Still miss the blue color V-power. :biggrin:
So, Euro5 is like the RON97 for diesel. :biggrin:

mentioning about this (sorry out of topic a bit) still remember that 1st time own a car and send to service, curious to know how to change engine oil and they told me the "hak yau" and stupidly though it is black color where complaint to the owner why gave me this kindly of lubricant? the boss laugh at me and explain to me...:biggrin:
Because the engine oil doesn't look black, so you complained?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi..im newbie here..

i really need help to upgrade my engine. im using proton tiara with citroen AX GTi 1.4 multi-point injection engine. this engine has low horse power but high torque. the power only can be shown at 5000-6500 rpm.
so, what can i do to make the engine more power..

thanx a lot..
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience