What is your first car?

Rarely heard about air-conditioner servicing. Normally how often it needs to be done?

Sold off the Iswara already now?

My mechanic recommends every 1 and a half years. Traded it for Satria GTI some where around July 1999. The car had good resale value that time some where around RM15000 - RM18000 which was even more than a 1992 Citroen ZX.

I think if original OEM parts, Proton are cheaper than Perodua as some over here have mentioned before. But performance parts, I think surely Mitsubishi parts costs more than Daihatsu.

Sounds like your Kancil does travel a lot. Reminds me of another member here, Pomen_GTR I think who said his car travels like 5k km a month.

Your Perdana FC sounds quite terrible. :banghead:

New Camry?

yup OEM proton parts will be a bit cheaper but service center different.. heard from a friend that Exora service is not cheap, dont really know since already divorce Proton(sorry proton)..:biggrin::biggrin:

We have a group call mileage killer group where we will post our mileage every end month to show who is the highest and we celebrate with beer:ridinghorse:

Perdana is not FC issue coz travel a lot, maintanence a year around 15k coz 5k km is a piece of cake:biggrin::biggrin:

Yup is newly fresh from oven Camry..

Dont buy our car.. we are mileage killer lol:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

My mechanic recommends every 1 and a half years. Traded it for Satria GTI some where around July 1999. The car had good resale value that time some where around RM15000 - RM18000 which was even more than a 1992 Citroen ZX.

A worthy upgrade from Iswara. :party:

Well, French cars always have a bad resale value.

yup OEM proton parts will be a bit cheaper but service center different.. heard from a friend that Exora service is not cheap, dont really know since already divorce Proton(sorry proton)..:biggrin::biggrin:

We have a group call mileage killer group where we will post our mileage every end month to show who is the highest and we celebrate with beer:ridinghorse:

Perdana is not FC issue coz travel a lot, maintanence a year around 15k coz 5k km is a piece of cake:biggrin::biggrin:

Yup is newly fresh from oven Camry..

Dont buy our car.. we are mileage killer lol:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

I only heard before about OEM parts for older Proton are cheaper. New ones I'm not so sure. Even Izso once said that Wira's replacement parts are some of the cheapest parts that you can find in Malaysia.

So, you and your friends sort of compete with each other to see who travels the most per month? I think the cars that is in the group will not be in very good condition when you guys are selling it away. :rofl:

Heavy maintenance for your Perdana. I just calculated maintenance for my own car. Is around 3.2k for 3 years of usage. I guess that is considered to be cheap.

The people in Toyota must be quite shocked by your friend's usage of his car.

I only heard before about OEM parts for older Proton are cheaper. New ones I'm not so sure. Even Izso once said that Wira's replacement parts are some of the cheapest parts that you can find in Malaysia.

I like my previous Wira too, but cannot stand the roof cancer......:smokin::biggrin:

So, you and your friends sort of compete with each other to see who travels the most per month? I think the cars that is in the group will not be in very good condition when you guys are selling it away. :rofl:

Heavy maintenance for your Perdana. I just calculated maintenance for my own car. Is around 3.2k for 3 years of usage. I guess that is considered to be cheap.

The people in Toyota must be quite shocked by your friend's usage of his car.

What I know that this OEM parts are not Ori but with Ori sticker, you know i know la, boleh land ma apa pun boleh.. they call second grade parts.. but till now still ok no one complaint.. the best part is some of parts even my friend in Proton also said they also dont have it.

our car condition is in a very good condition just the mileage is high only coz we always travel and our car can not stuck at the middle of the road coz time is our money..

:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin: yup coz the car you use a year, we might just use it for a month since we always sit inside the car and sometime nearly sleep inside the car also since always back home very very late...

Yup Toyota really had a big shock when they saw my friends car.. can you imagine 1 day trip Singapore, 1 day try Kuantan, 1 days trip Kelantan, Penang, bla bla bla, all mostly one day trip.. :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

I like my previous Wira too, but cannot stand the roof cancer......:smokin::biggrin:

Other than that, what other problems that your Wira had given you?

bro didn't go change the roof?

How much to change it? Did yours suffer from rust problem?

What I know that this OEM parts are not Ori but with Ori sticker, you know i know la, boleh land ma apa pun boleh.. they call second grade parts.. but till now still ok no one complaint.. the best part is some of parts even my friend in Proton also said they also dont have it.

our car condition is in a very good condition just the mileage is high only coz we always travel and our car can not stuck at the middle of the road coz time is our money..

:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin: yup coz the car you use a year, we might just use it for a month since we always sit inside the car and sometime nearly sleep inside the car also since always back home very very late...

Yup Toyota really had a big shock when they saw my friends car.. can you imagine 1 day trip Singapore, 1 day try Kuantan, 1 days trip Kelantan, Penang, bla bla bla, all mostly one day trip.. :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

And when these second grade parts broke down, people start to blame Proton again. Sometimes, I do question these people who bash Proton to no end. Some people who don't take care of their cars or just simply bought cheap parts for their Proton but when anything wrong happens, they start to blame Proton. But if they are using other better brand of cars, they won't bash the brand so badly.

To me, most cars are the same. Every specific parts do have their own lifespan and when their time is up, replacing them is the thing to do. I believe if one takes good care of his or her car, the car will be able to last longer than a neglected branded car.

Are you and your friends working in the same industry that requires a lot of travelling? :confused:

I totally forgotten how much was it but I did change to a new roof and voila, rust free and no bubbles. My previous Wira and the current Wira also change :)

I'll do that next time if rust problem appears again on my roof.

This problem not only affects Wira. In another thread, Peterj's original CD9A Lancer Evo 1 also experiences roof rusting problem. He mentioned about it there.

http://www.zerotohundred.com/newforums/showthread.php?t=452521

And when these second grade parts broke down, people start to blame Proton again. Sometimes, I do question these people who bash Proton to no end. Some people who don't take care of their cars or just simply bought cheap parts for their Proton but when anything wrong happens, they start to blame Proton. But if they are using other better brand of cars, they won't bash the brand so badly.

To me, most cars are the same. Every specific parts do have their own lifespan and when their time is up, replacing them is the thing to do. I believe if one takes good care of his or her car, the car will be able to last longer than a neglected branded car.

Are you and your friends working in the same industry that requires a lot of travelling? :confused:

Thats why always alert and check where got ori things that is so cheap

Me now less travel compare to previous, if travel also mostly overseas (no need use car..) but my friend still continue with his travelling life locally..
mine still 2 1/2 mths 5,000k KM.. thats the lowest:driver::driver::driver::driver::driver:

Other than that, what other problems that your Wira had given you?

Usual stuff like power window. Mine is 1.5 Carb so rear in manual wind window, and even that can fail, whole mechanism collapsed....:banghead:

Engine ok, because Mitsu......lol:driver:

I totally forgotten how much was it but I did change to a new roof and voila, rust free and no bubbles. My previous Wira and the current Wira also change :)

You hero lah!...wira, change wira, change wira.......still have wira.....:driver:

Me now less travel compare to previous, if travel also mostly overseas (no need use car..) but my friend still continue with his travelling life locally..
mine still 2 1/2 mths 5,000k KM.. thats the lowest:driver::driver::driver::driver::driver:

Yah! when had wira time, like even mountings, mechanic ask you want MMC, Ori Proton or cheapest one......lol

The way your friend travel like last time I see my mechanic service those courier vans and trucks. The vehicles got rotation schedule for service, like every 2 weeks need service and oil/filter change....

Last edited:

Some people want to cut cost, buy cheap parts thinking that cheap parts will do since the car is old. For me, I think if you buy cheap parts, you should know better that it probably won't last long and shouldn't really complain a lot if the same part broke down again. My mechanic told me before there many people like that. Just take the cheapest part, as long as they work. I feel sad for their car.

By the way, is all your travelling cost covered by your company/organization? If so, then I guess is okay to travel around than staying stuck at office throughout the year.

Usual stuff like power window. Mine is 1.5 Carb so rear in manual wind window, and even that can fail, whole mechanism collapsed....:banghead:

Engine ok, because Mitsu......lol:driver:

My passenger side power window failed me once. But it was cheap to repair it. The rest thankfully still okay after 17 years.

Yah! when had wira time, like even mountings, mechanic ask you want MMC, Ori Proton or cheapest one......lol

The way your friend travel like last time I see my mechanic service those courier vans and trucks. The vehicles got rotation schedule for service, like every 2 weeks need service and oil/filter change....

Hmm, if between MMC and Proton, I think ori Proton should also be okay for small parts like mounting?

If like that, your mechanic always got business.

My passenger side power window failed me once. But it was cheap to repair it. The rest thankfully still okay after 17 years.

Hmm, if between MMC and Proton, I think ori Proton should also be okay for small parts like mounting?

If like that, your mechanic always got business.
My previous Accord bought at 4 years sold when 13 years no window issue leh! VR is 26 years also no issue woh....

The cheap parts cannot pakai one, even mechanic advice tale proton as MMC too expensive.

That time when got their contract doing okay, now no more dy.....:bawling:

My previous Accord bought at 4 years sold when 13 years no window issue leh! VR is 26 years also no issue woh....

The cheap parts cannot pakai one, even mechanic advice tale proton as MMC too expensive.

If that is the case, can Wira somehow fit MMC power window parts from Lancer?

Yeah, MMC parts are really expensive. I don't even think they are from Japan either since so many parts are manufactured in China. Like 2 years ago during clutch change, mechanic told me to get normal Exedy clutch instead of original MMC.

Contract job eh? I have a school friend who had a family business of doing car bodywork like what they call those ketuk or makat shop service. He told me before that his shop had such a contract before. Fixing Masimo bread lorries if I am not mistaken.

Love it to bits mah hahahah
But next year see how, maybe get a more comfortable ride

How many Wira have you owned to date?

Original parts that comes stock with the car are far far ahead in the sense of quality compared to oem or so called 'original' parts sold for the purpose as replacement parts.

My previous crv bought at 11 years old and sold at 20 years old had no power window nor central locking issues.

Even after bot to the engine, both the interior and engine is still rock solid with no rattling of whatsoever just typical wear and tear to the suspension. But i must say the replacement parts, the so called original from thailand are no where close in term of quality and life span compared to the original stock parts that comes with the car.

Those cars at those days were really over engineered to last haha but can't say the same for the new cars nowadays lol:banghead:.

Original parts that comes stock with the car are far far ahead in the sense of quality compared to oem or so called 'original' parts sold for the purpose as replacement parts.

My previous crv bought at 11 years old and sold at 20 years old had no power window nor central locking issues.

Even after bot to the engine, both the interior and engine is still rock solid with no rattling of whatsoever just typical wear and tear to the suspension. But i must say the replacement parts, the so called original from thailand are no where close in term of quality and life span compared to the original stock parts that comes with the car.

Those cars at those days were really over engineered to last haha but can't say the same for the new cars nowadays lol:banghead:.

True about original parts that came with the car lasts longer. It could be due to a few reasons.

The newer spareparts could be made slightly lower quality. Sometimes manufacturers do cut costs in manufacturing process and we as consumers will never know the truth behind it.

Another reason would be that the accuracy and precision for parts fitted with machines at factories compared to parts fitted by human mechanics. Some parts are designed to fit in/assemble at one go not removed and refitted again. Age of the car is also another thing. You fit in a new part but the other parts surrounding it are already old. New and old parts probably won't achieve maximum efficiency and effectiveness.

Or it could also be that the 'original' spareparts is not really original. It could be a third party part but rebranded as original or the original manufacturer themselves don't actually produce such spare parts. Only 3rd party manufacturer made them. So, that is pretty much as 'original' as you can get.

Well, not to say that old cars are built to last longer than current new cars. Look at it this way. The complexity and parts count for newer car had increased much more than older cars. More parts = higher percentage of parts failing right?

Manufacturing process is another thing. During the old days, the ways are probably quite simple and straightforward. Things have grown more complex throughout the years especially in business field where profit is more important than almost everything else. New manufacturing methods are usually designed to reduce time and also cut down material usage to maximize profit and reduce costs. I'm not saying newer methods are bad, but sometimes, all these new ways of ensuring cost reduction, reducing time and also improve productivity can probably affect the overall quality of a product. I mean, you can take a look at the food industry. We all know that a lot of chemical products have been used to increase crop yields and also to speed up growth of domestic animals... Yes, the overall result/product probably looks the same but we can't be too sure about the long term effects....

Sorry for writing so long... Just suddenly have this thought and wanted to write it all out...

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom