Regretted buying Conti-max-contact Mc5

sengasdf

Known Member
Feb 18, 2007
Kajang
MC5 more quiet because the pattern is finer and grooves also smaller, therefore sure aquaplane easier also. CPC2 grooves are much bigger and tyre is rated traction AA...
Yea, people thought MAX contact refer to performance tyre lol. I would go for CPC2 anytime, or yokohama bluearth ae01 if i am looking for comfort tyre =D

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 08:21 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:20 PM ----------

Wah that bad ke this tyre? Now I'm scared what will happen during rainy season. My stock tyres was quite good IMHO. Anyway i will give it a few days for the tyre to break in. Probably it is still new.
It is a decent tyre for average driving, but it you are to compare wet traction with cpc2, you would not want to drive fast on wet with MC5.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

mie84

Feb 7, 2014
Nilai
Usually up sizing will mainly be for performance, then looks. With wider tyres more stability and traction, lower profile you get better handling, 17" and low profile your car looks better too.

The cons however with lower profile, your ride becomes more bumpy, trade off for better handling and performance.....:driver:
Sacrificing comfort. Hmm.. I think this tyre size right now is probably the best balance between comfort and handling. But I can say that I'm quite tempted with bigger and new sport rims.

Sent from my C6802 using Tapatalk

dkny

Known Member
Jul 1, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
Try Michelin PS3, Bridgestone RE002 , Toyo T1Sport, Yokohama Advan DB ... those will suit your favour, but u don't complaint price.
What u pay and what u get

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Sacrificing comfort. Hmm.. I think this tyre size right now is probably the best balance between comfort and handling. But I can say that I'm quite tempted with bigger and new sport rims.

Sent from my C6802 using Tapatalk
Yup, if you want comfort and performance stick to this OE size, just get better performance tyre..:driver:

syem sepah

Jul 6, 2009
besout
same as mine plan to change to mc5.(205/55/16) thanks for the review.maybe i need to change to GY F1 D5 or CPC2

champiro BAX2 also is a good tyre since i feel confident while cruising in wet road and heavy rain condition.

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
same as mine plan to change to mc5.(205/55/16) thanks for the review.maybe i need to change to GY F1 D5 or CPC2

champiro BAX2 also is a good tyre since i feel confident while cruising in wet road and heavy rain condition.
You can also look at Hankook V12 Evo, Nexen N8000 and/or GT Radial Champiro HPX....:driver:

BLaCkHoWLiNG

'(^^)|Most Awesome Member
Nov 14, 2003
PJ
www.autojunctions.com
Honestly, I just changed this MC5 to my BMW 320D, E90. It's.... not as good as the Bridgestone that came with the car and I sure as hell wont be buying them again. It's not only not IDEAL... it's actually not really a good set of tires..

mie84

Feb 7, 2014
Nilai
Tyre updates after 1000km:

Good Point:
This set of tyre is very silent and it managed to absorb all the bumps, holes on the road without much drama.

Bad Point:
Doesn't have enough grip when taking corners - Probably because it have soft side. Feel wobbly at high speed.
The rolling resistance, i think is higher compared to the old Champiro BAX stock tyres. Car feels much heavier from complete stop
Feeling like the car to is more prone to wind - Probably just my feeling.

NeuroOne

WFH
Sep 11, 2006
Putrajaya
why my feel for this tyre is different from u guys? hehe..
its not the best in anything, but for the money i think they are ok.
(well, i got it very cheap indeed. hehe..)
i guess i know what to expect, so i dont put high hopes for it, so i feel they are nice tyres..
i feel they are comparable to Falken 912 but loose a bit to Nexen N8000

---------- Post added at 11:36 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:35 AM ----------

why my feel for this tyre is different from u guys? hehe..
its not the best in anything, but for the money i think they are ok.
(well, i got it very cheap indeed. hehe..)
i guess i know what to expect, so i dont put high hopes for it, so i feel they are nice tyres..
i feel they are comparable to Falken 912 but loose a bit to Nexen N8000

cow.stroller

Nov 24, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
On my 2nd set of CPC2 (stock on Fiesta 1.6 hatchback). Love this tires cutting water on north-south highway. This few weeks are raining heavily and these rubbers gives me good level of grip and braking performance!

So far I'm satisfied with CPC2 over 2 years, except for the short wear and noise when threads are wearing out.

Sat on a friend's Satria Neo with MC5, i thought it's quite comfortable even with adjustable dampers but i was in passenger seat, so cant comment much.

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
On my 2nd set of CPC2 (stock on Fiesta 1.6 hatchback). Love this tires cutting water on north-south highway. This few weeks are raining heavily and these rubbers gives me good level of grip and braking performance!

So far I'm satisfied with CPC2 over 2 years, except for the short wear and noise when threads are wearing out.

Sat on a friend's Satria Neo with MC5, i thought it's quite comfortable even with adjustable dampers but i was in passenger seat, so cant comment much.
Mr friend Fiesta also using CPC2, 195/50R16 size, right? not many tyre choices anyway.....

cow.stroller

Nov 24, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Mr friend Fiesta also using CPC2, 195/50R16 size, right? not many tyre choices anyway.....
Yeah, the stock rim size is odd. At first, I was frustrated a bit due to limited tyre choices but I'm quite satisfied for now. My stock rims with CPC2 served me well, especially I'm travelling between Penang area and KL during monsoon season. I don't need to slow down before puddle of water on highway, just maintain throttle and the car just clear the water just nice without losing grip, at typical highway speed (100-120km/h) la.

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Yeah, the stock rim size is odd. At first, I was frustrated a bit due to limited tyre choices but I'm quite satisfied for now. My stock rims with CPC2 served me well, especially I'm travelling between Penang area and KL during monsoon season. I don't need to slow down before puddle of water on highway, just maintain throttle and the car just clear the water just nice without losing grip, at typical highway speed (100-120km/h) la.
CPC2 is not bad, traction AA, deep grooves and lasting. At least don't hear any complaints like MC5, CSC3, CSC5 about bulging and crack sidewall......:driver:

YYC

1,500 RPM
Dec 30, 2007
Kuala Lumpur
Conti Max Contact 5... The name itself is misleading unsuspecting consumer with the 'MAX CONTACT'...
Talking about CSC3 hell I just got a crack/punctured sidewall.

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

This is done on a Persona Elegance.

Difficulty: 5/10
Time: Took me 2 hours because virgin. You will be fine with 1 hour.

Yes, another 20,000km. Time to get dirty!
Perodua Dexron III is only RM18/L. You only need 1L. Even less if you choose to...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience