SagaFLX stuttering idle

MetaruBZG

Known Member
Dec 25, 2005
Cyberjaya
www.cardomain.com
TS your problem beginning to sound like ECU/TCU problem. If R doesn't act like a R that's pretty serious.
It misbehaves only when stuttering, most of the time it's working normally. But i agree, cant rule out the possibility of ECU/TCU problem.

Wah, that didn't solve as well.
Hmm, I have no idea now. Have to wait FLX pro TitanRev to come in.
Yes to my surprise as well. Worked well with my previous cars.:hmmmm:

Sorry, extra info i just recalled:
This condition happens to me mostly during hot weather and, based on the OBD2 tool, when coolant is between 89-91C ... night time very rare happen. Could this be heat related?

Last edited:

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
Hi there Metaru, I believe you sen your car to G-Tuned right??

For the shuttering idling or unstable idling at idle or after a high speed run, yes I encounter this. It happens intermittently also but since it didn't affect the car performance or driving I didn't care much about it as my car is MT. If you notice your TB there's a hose that goes into it from the TB to the IAFM module. I'm suspecting the unstable idle could be the idler controller itself. I'm still trying to find and solve the problem DIY way. I will share how to solve this problem once I found the solution.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
This condition happens to me mostly during hot weather and, based on the OBD2 tool, when coolant is between 89-91C ... night time very rare happen. Could this be heat related?
If it's heat triggered, probably poor contact or sensor somewhere can't stand the heat?

Titanrev : Idle controller? Like IACV? What's a idle controller? :hmmmm:

MetaruBZG

Known Member
Dec 25, 2005
Cyberjaya
www.cardomain.com
Hi there Metaru, I believe you sen your car to G-Tuned right??

For the shuttering idling or unstable idling at idle or after a high speed run, yes I encounter this. It happens intermittently also but since it didn't affect the car performance or driving I didn't care much about it as my car is MT. If you notice your TB there's a hose that goes into it from the TB to the IAFM module. I'm suspecting the unstable idle could be the idler controller itself. I'm still trying to find and solve the problem DIY way. I will share how to solve this problem once I found the solution.
Erm, nope... I sent it to Pro-Auto at Sg.Buloh area. They helped me with the ECU/TCU reflashing.

But your idea sounds about right, i shall have a peek at that area later today after work. Thx for the info, cos i didnt know for sure what that hose was for btw :biggrin:

If it's heat triggered, probably poor contact or sensor somewhere can't stand the heat?

Could be, but technically it should be able to stand the heat unless it's overheated (which thankfully hasn't happened yet). I'll have a peek at that too while i'm at it.

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005

It's a stepper motor that controls the idling passage but my mistake Campro don't have it Peugeot have

Metaru, sorry for my wrong info there's no idle controller for the Campro the hose is for the vacuum. But the problem is to do with the TB...

driftkingII

2,000 RPM
Mar 2, 2005
Bandar Utama
Visit site
Yeah, it did some "horsing" around like u described but only when im in idle or at slow speeds (<10 kph with feet of the gas pedal). Stops immediately as i apply some throttle...

I did came across that info abt the ECU's ... so far i haven't experience starting problems but a while back it tend to do this thing (though not often), where after filling up petrol, i start the car n the engine immediately rev up to 3k+ rpm on it's own... i had to turn off n re-start it to drive away normally. Lucky i haven't changed my muffler yet :biggrin:
For me it happens but after servicing at PSC it is ok n will come back again when near the service date. According to PSC, it is common for Saga FLX CVT.

Right now I am waiting for my ECU upgrade as claimed by the PSC, they said the root cause of why sometimes my car cannot start is bcoz of the ECU.

This is the thread
http://www.zerotohundred.com/newforums/proton/447904-saga-flx-issue-help-me.html

MetaruBZG

Known Member
Dec 25, 2005
Cyberjaya
www.cardomain.com
For me it happens but after servicing at PSC it is ok n will come back again when near the service date. According to PSC, it is common for Saga FLX CVT.

Right now I am waiting for my ECU upgrade as claimed by the PSC, they said the root cause of why sometimes my car cannot start is bcoz of the ECU.

This is the thread
http://www.zerotohundred.com/newforums/proton/447904-saga-flx-issue-help-me.html
Thx for the info. I'm sorry to say, but when comes to saga issues they (sc) don't know or not familiar, they always say "Biasa la tu, tak ada masalah. Bole bawak je mcm biasa" (That's normal, no problem. You can drive normally)

Will wait for any official "firmware" update news though.

It's a stepper motor that controls the idling passage but my mistake Campro don't have it Peugeot have

Metaru, sorry for my wrong info there's no idle controller for the Campro the hose is for the vacuum. But the problem is to do with the TB...
Owh ok. No problem :biggrin:

MetaruBZG

Known Member
Dec 25, 2005
Cyberjaya
www.cardomain.com
As of this instant car cant start. Crank sound like not enuff power.

Ecu reports nothing, tried pulling the ecu fuse n then plug back in... no avail.

Battery now at 10.5v... so tried jumping with another fresh battery (car parked beside small main road cant do car to car jump).... same outcome, no start.

Do i need new ecu? Stuck at frens house for now.:mad::mad::mad:

---------- Post added at 02:02 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 01:52 AM ----------

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/es22st9o74ewonk/AAD15flM2Y8wcKcXdTRtIMuca

Sry i dont know how to paste video here

peeche

Known Member
May 16, 2006
Sin City, MY
As of this instant car cant start. Crank sound like not enuff power.

Ecu reports nothing, tried pulling the ecu fuse n then plug back in... no avail.

Battery now at 10.5v... so tried jumping with another fresh battery (car parked beside small main road cant do car to car jump).... same outcome, no start.

Do i need new ecu? Stuck at frens house for now.:mad::mad::mad:

---------- Post added at 02:02 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 01:52 AM ----------

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/es22st9o74ewonk/AAD15flM2Y8wcKcXdTRtIMuca

Sry i dont know how to paste video here

Swap your battery instead of jumpering it.

MetaruBZG

Known Member
Dec 25, 2005
Cyberjaya
www.cardomain.com
Swap your battery instead of jumpering it.
Did that as well... still same

Left the ecu offline (removed fuse) overnight in an effort to reset it completely. Tried this morning to start, same as last night. Friend who had same problem last year recommend go to proton 3s for ECU replacement.:rolleyes:

---------- Post added at 02:45 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:05 AM ----------

Unable to start problem fixed. Apparently, the ECU can't work (crank up the engine via relays) when battery voltage is below 11 volts (where as normal i measured was 12.4V~). With such a small margin, i can only wonder what the engineers were thinking!

After trying to jump start with another car (exhausted all ideas by now and coincidentally had a new battery) my car managed to start. So gambled and changed to a similar spec battery (45AH) and my car starts like normal again. Will change to 60AH battery later on to stabilize power (battery dealer said).

Sorry for my last few posts being off topic.

Stuttering problem, as expected, is gone for now due to ecu reset. But will happen again for sure in a few days time.:banghead:

MetaruBZG

Known Member
Dec 25, 2005
Cyberjaya
www.cardomain.com
It's really beginning to sound like ECU problem
I hope not. But could the program be to blame as well? I.e. bad mapping?

Will uprating a battery hurt the electrical system?
Was intro-ed a DIN55 instead of DIN45.
I personally don't think so. My wife's wira is using a Ns60 battery and that came with a 70 amp alternator. While the flx comes with a 90 amp alternator, so i think it should be able to accommodate the Ns60, which i believe would act as a better power buffer than the Ns45 stock battery.

Just my two sens anyways

adlans

Known Member
Jan 26, 2006
Had a chat with my mech yesterday as my wife's car is also experiencing the same prob (jerking while reversing and cannot start). It has something to do with our gearbox. Im gonna sent that car to Proton to have my gearbox check and claim. Just waiting for my mech to give me the greenlight where to sent the car.

cheers

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Will uprating a battery hurt the electrical system?
Was intro-ed a DIN55 instead of DIN45.
Hurt? No. Take longer to fully charge? Yes. The battery itself may not last as long if you don't drive it long enough to fully charge it. But typically they last 2 years anyway so doesn't matter la. Unless you need it for ICE, don't bother uprating.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

my toyota corolla seg 1.6(m) has been stolen at nzx, ara damansara last few days. i parked my car in front of a shop lots, it was parked facing towards the shop, and the thief even know how to shift in the reverse gear(blacktop 6 speed). damn i was so sad now. if u guys happen to c any white seg like my car, pls do inform me, thanks. my hp number:012-340 1819

model:toyota corolla 1.6(M)
year:1999
colour: pearl white
engine: blacktop 6 speed
interior:original seats. momo steering, momo...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience