Tires selection.

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
To me Recon for tyres is re-groove. Not sure what Yupms meant...
Yah! How to recon? Clean and paint tyre shine......hahahaha:rofl:

---------- Post added at 02:43 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 02:43 PM ----------

cheap tyre........>>>accident......

u pay more than the tyre price......if u r lucky

if not.....u no eye see liao......hahahahahhahha
But many don't see it that way, that is why China brand flooding the market....:banghead:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Yah! How to recon? Clean and paint tyre shine......hahahaha:rofl:

But many don't see it that way, that is why China brand flooding the market....:banghead:
If tyre shine and clean tyre is recon, then you had reconditioned many tyres :rofl:

I believe most of people already have own perception as in which brand is better. When I choose a tires, firstly I will look at the product's longevity , durable comfort and suitable for all season traction. I find Michelin Primacy 3ST still will be my first choice...look at the spec of this tyre then you will know What am i talking about.
MICHELIN Primacy 3 ST Tyres | Car Tyres | Michelin Malaysia
PS3 still better ma :biggrin:

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Well, not really. Performance tyres like the Michelin PS3 provide a combination of wet and dry grip. The Goodyear Asymmetric range are pretty good too.

So ask your lady friends to stop skimping on tyre costs and get decent brands and makes. Forget the Silverstones, cheap Indon and China brands and go for the sure fire brands like Goodyear, Michelin, Yokohama and don't go for their entry level models either.
Hmm GT Radial from Indonesia seems to be a decent brand though.

Damn, that makes me a lady since I almost got into accident with Silverstone :rofl:

Agree that most ladies they go back with the same brand that as factory fitted. I have seen some ladies on the road when I look
at their tyres during traffic jam, the kelisa tyres are as good as bald...the lines are just too faded and too thin to continue use.

So to me is not the problem of girls selecting their tyres, most of them dont drive too fast. Is about knowing how to monitor their tyres and knowing how to maintain their tyres well.

I have a friend a girl, Only pump air once in a month or so. And also hardly do alignment and balancing.

When I told her what she needs to do and she answers me "Oh ya kah? I dunno leh." I say if you want to prolong your tyres,
try to at least pump air every week or at least once in 2 weeks. Also do alignment balancing after some time.

Problem is, they usually expects bf/husband to monitor for them. Good if they did, but if their man didnt do it also, habis la.
Hehe I also hardly do any balancing and alignment la! :biggrin: I can go more than 20K kms without doing any of them.
Pump air I do once or twice a month though.

dkny

Known Member
Jul 1, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
Silverstone tyre performance is average, not to say good nor bad, but better then some Indonesia or china brand tyre.
Also bare in mind, Silverstone bought by Toyo Tires, and now they want to put in Japan technology to improve Silverstone quality and branding.

Btw, most of the performance tyre are good in dry, but bad in wet condition.
Michelin PS3 consider sport tyre, but not performance tyre.
Performance tyre are like Toyo R888 , R1R , Bridgestone Re11, Re55, Re070 , Yokohama Ad07/AD08, Michelin Pilot Super Sport(PSS). Those tyre are really weak in wet performance as u may aware they minimize the tyre groove in order to increase better road surface contact and hence improved traction.

Btw, there are no way u can get legal season tyre or snow tyre, because u don't need it.
Those tyre design for special purpose, and it not suitable to use here.

---------- Post added at 07:05 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 06:47 PM ----------

Primacy 3ST is a touring tyre, mainly for comfort , quietness, but they improve traction as well, if u compare previous pattern Primacy LC.

Btw, there are no perfect or best tyre, only suitable tyre for your ride. Choose what you need, your criteria, then workshop people will recommend you suitable tyre.

Last edited:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Hmm GT Radial from Indonesia seems to be a decent brand though.
I probably should clarify - cheap Indon brands should be avoided at all costs. GT Radial is no way in that league! I remember buying a RM140 Indon tyre 205/45/16. That's bloody cheap and grip was atrocious. I've never oversteered that much in my entire life.

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
I probably should clarify - cheap Indon brands should be avoided at all costs. GT Radial is no way in that league! I remember buying a RM140 Indon tyre 205/45/16. That's bloody cheap and grip was atrocious. I've never oversteered that much in my entire life.
Yes, other than GT Radial, I don't dare to try also.

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Btw, most of the performance tyre are good in dry, but bad in wet condition.
Michelin PS3 consider sport tyre, but not performance tyre.
Performance tyre are like Toyo R888 , R1R , Bridgestone Re11, Re55, Re070 , Yokohama Ad07/AD08, Michelin Pilot Super Sport(PSS). Those tyre are really weak in wet performance as u may aware they minimize the tyre groove in order to increase better road surface contact and hence improved traction.
PS3 even though you called it a sports tyre, it is categorized as Max Performance by some, if not at least under UHP which is Ultra High Performance. This goes for PSS also. As for R-1R, AD-08, RE-11, theses are extreme category and R888 is streetable Track and Competition category

---------- Post added at 03:34 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 03:33 PM ----------

Yes, other than GT Radial, I don't dare to try also.
Last time Indon tyres I also won't touch until I tried GT Radial top range tyre the HPY.....:driver::top:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
PS3 even though you called it a sports tyre, it is categorized as Max Performance by some, if not at least under UHP which is Ultra High Performance. This goes for PSS also. As for R-1R, AD-08, RE-11, theses are extreme category and R888 is streetable Track and Competition category

---------- Post added at 03:34 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 03:33 PM ----------

Last time Indon tyres I also won't touch until I tried GT Radial top range tyre the HPY.....:driver::top:
Kena poison by vr2 to try gt radial but if Hankook v12 almost same price will get it then :biggrin:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
V12 should have softer comfort ride as per members feedback
Noted. And GT Radial HPY ride will be harder as per mentioned by u before. So if u can take it, I think I can :biggrin:

YYC

1,500 RPM
Dec 30, 2007
Kuala Lumpur
Izso, cheap tyres aren't suitable for corner freak like you, you whack every corner you see, you need the best money can buy. That's why some people 'whack' unprotected and yet still very safe because they choose their partners wisely mah.

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Noted. And GT Radial HPY ride will be harder as per mentioned by u before. So if u can take it, I think I can :biggrin:
Can corner better.....:driver::biggrin:

---------- Post added at 08:57 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:57 AM ----------

Izso, cheap tyres aren't suitable for corner freak like you, you whack every corner you see, you need the best money can buy. That's why some people 'whack' unprotected and yet still very safe because they choose their partners wisely mah.
That is why he don't use Indon.....hahahahaha:rofl::rofl:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Can corner better.....:driver::biggrin:

---------- Post added at 08:57 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:57 AM ----------

That is why he don't use Indon.....hahahahaha:rofl::rofl:
He needs at least Korean. But can use GT Radial since tyre sifu is using so confirm 101% good.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
:biggrin: I like your analogy

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
He needs at least Korean. But can use GT Radial since tyre sifu is using so confirm 101% good.
GT Radial Extreme model don't have his size woh!....:banghead:
If not, sure he will like the hard ass, oops sidewall.....:rofl:

---------- Post added at 10:22 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:21 AM ----------

How bout Toyo T1R compared to Michelin PS3? Tq
Have only tried the T1-R but not PS3, but based on feedback seems PS3 is much better

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
GT Radial Extreme model don't have his size woh!....:banghead:
If not, sure he will like the hard ass, oops sidewall.....:rofl:

---------- Post added at 10:22 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:21 AM ----------

Have only tried the T1-R but not PS3, but based on feedback seems PS3 is much better
PS3....what u pay is what u get :biggrin:
Use to think lke that, but true in someway but not all tyres goes with that logic.

GT Radial HPx will do for Izso :rofl:
Unless he wants to go for PS3 but for track is a waste liao...

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
PS3....what u pay is what u get :biggrin:
Use to think lke that, but true in someway but not all tyres goes with that logic.

GT Radial HPx will do for Izso :rofl:
Unless he wants to go for PS3 but for track is a waste liao...
Aiyah! you did not read his post again. Now into extreme liao, no more for daily ride.....
PS3 is track he goyang like sh*t in corners....

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Aiyah! you did not read his post again. Now into extreme liao, no more for daily ride.....
PS3 is track he goyang like sh*t in corners....
Got read but just dunno what tyres to recommend to him...so just saying :rofl:

Maybe consider yokohama range instead.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi every master.

I know majority ppl will advice not to tune the a/f ratio ...

But, I just want to learn something ...

for 4G15 carb

just want to confirm the a/f ratio screw adjustment

we adjust the screw out towards the firewall is for "lean" or "rich" ?

we adjust the screw in towards the carb is for "rich" or "lean" ?

thanks
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience