w124 shaking left right like boat

dominic813

Oct 11, 2005
Good day to to all the Sifusss, please help me on this, my w124 is shaking left right like sitting in the boat, it happened when cornering and sometimes on bumping road..i changed new 4 new absorbels and 4 new tires but still the same. any idea how this could happen? Please help. Thank you.

LesleyAprotto

Banned
Jun 16, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Good day to to all the Sifusss, please help me on this, my w124 is shaking left right like sitting in the boat, it happened when cornering and sometimes on bumping road..i changed new 4 new absorbels and 4 new tires but still the same. any idea how this could happen? Please help. Thank you.
I am not a sifu.

But when it comes to W124 problem, I think I can offer some opinion...

This usually happens when the car reaches the 600,000km mark

You need to do an overhaul of the whole front suspension system....

Change lower arms, ball joint, thrust arm, and a few others joints in both the front suspension.

It wont cost much, W124 parts are very cheap, if you want to know where to buy the parts cheaply, pls pm me.

Also check the rear trail link arms of your car...

dominic813

Oct 11, 2005
Thanks for the quick reply, can you recommend me a reliable workshop to process on this? Thank you.

LesleyAprotto

Banned
Jun 16, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Thanks for the quick reply, can you recommend me a reliable workshop to process on this? Thank you.
Dominic,

You can either buy the parts and let the workshop fix them only charge labour workmanship

Or you let the workshop handle it, which in turn will cost more as the parts prices are marke up.

If you intend to keep the car for long, then opt for ori, otherwise, you can use sttle for the Made in Germany OEM parts eg Lamforder, Swag, Bosch etc.

Dan KC

May 26, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
check the rear frame bush.it consist of 4 bushes and 2 small bushes to hold the rear axle.if it wear out it will cause the same situation also

dominic813

Oct 11, 2005
Thanks, i need a reliable and experience workshop to do this..i been wasted time to go here n there but still no 1 solve this...any recommend???

blitz

Nov 18, 2003
city cycle at tmn perindustrian OUG.. they are MB workshop and otai mechanics... friendly and knows what they are doing. Just look it up in google map to get there.

dominic813

Oct 11, 2005
Hi there, thanks so much, will visit when free...thanks once again...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

It was a very last minute puspakom inspection for my ride and I didnt have time to wash & by the time I remembered I forgot to wash my car.............................

after a weeks of unwashed and went thru some rains......................... how to get pass the inspection for transferring to a new ownership...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience