vtec in proton?

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Believe me when I say JPJ is stupidly strict with Protons. They will close an eye to a Cressida plonking in a 2JZ or a BMW with a 1JZ or even a Renault with a Mivec, but a Proton going more than 30% or modification of mounts - instant fail.

The saga vtec was probably done without endorsement. I know someone with a BMW 1.6 Ti that has a 3.0 engine (PNP) inside that's not endorsed. Driven for 10 years already and no issues. Roadblocks don't bother expensive cars as long as their tint is sensible. A proton with a slightly darker tint or a modified exhaust - hah.. instant tangkap and a thousand questions.

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Believe me when I say JPJ is stupidly strict with Protons. They will close an eye to a Cressida plonking in a 2JZ or a BMW with a 1JZ or even a Renault with a Mivec, but a Proton going more than 30% or modification of mounts - instant fail.

The saga vtec was probably done without endorsement. I know someone with a BMW 1.6 Ti that has a 3.0 engine (PNP) inside that's not endorsed. Driven for 10 years already and no issues. Roadblocks don't bother expensive cars as long as their tint is sensible. A proton with a slightly darker tint or a modified exhaust - hah.. instant tangkap and a thousand questions.
Meaning swapping K20A into EK9 or EG6 also no problem? Without endorse I mean.

ColdPlay

Known Member
Jun 16, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Well, JPJ used to allow 30% on Proton car before the no 'kereta potong' rule. Now requirement drop to 25% and strictly no 2.0 engine for any Proton except Waja Chancellor and Perdana but I managed to get my old Waja 4G18 swapped with 4G63T and endorsed back in 2005. That is why I still keep the car back in hometown for sentimental value.
If am not mistaken, Few Toyota, Nissan and Beemer doesn't require an alteration to original mounting. A mere changes in mounting rubber will do. That is why Beemer or Toyota with stock 2.0 can get 1JZ endorsed without any problem. Provided that brake and suspension is upgraded to cope with extra power.
Btw, I know a few 'people in authority' running on Waja 4G63T and others with upgrade exceed 25% converted quite recent but this is Malaysia, so, their have their way...
I used to send friends and relatives to LCCT in a heavily tinted stock black Perdana without any problem. Most recent is last december.
I got away from the roadblock with only 5 words..., they never ask further but even if they do so, I've got the answer! :driver:

Unsacred8002

Known Member
Sep 24, 2012
Cat City
"You are recorded on camera?".. Haa.. 5. Hehehe

faruck

500 RPM
Feb 8, 2011
selangor
"saya kawan najib tun razak"???hehehehehe

ehdrian

I Don't Care!
Dec 14, 2006
Penang
"Bapa Saya Ketua Polis Negara"

Unsacred8002

Known Member
Sep 24, 2012
Cat City
But Rosmah bukan mak saya. Hahahaha

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hello...guyz, i'm r new user 4 02100...staying in M'sia
i'm owning a opel kadett1.2(sedan)..built year 77
i plan to change its engine...as the old one giving me problem
any one of u hav any ideas ...wat type of rear wheel engine can fit 4 my car
i wanna a strong moderate (N/A)....engine...
my mechanic gave me some option of engine...
a.Nissan Vannete (C22)-5 speed
b.Toyota 4AGE
c.Toyoto Unser
d.Nissan Cefiro
......if any one got any ideas pls do pm me...
and i do want to know...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience