eibach pro-kit experience

l2s_turbo

1,000 RPM
Oct 23, 2004
I see.. Now I know that Eibach spring will cause bottoming out with 5 people on board. Good info for potential buyers like me..:listen:. But, if we use absorber with stiffer damping rate, will it still bottom out? I'm very interested in Eibach spring, but I also want to do it right the first time..:smile:

---------- Post added at 04:50 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 04:49 PM ----------

Eibach (ProKit) is lowered spring.
There are 2 possibly answer of bottoming out,
1st because Eibach springs are not that hard and the spring rate is much softer than others such as Tein, but it's a little bit stronger than stock just that it lowers your car with comfort.
2nd because the absorbers were also stock, so when you lowered your car, the car tends to sit lower than the original stock position, so when you carry 5 person's load, the car will sit lower and stock absorber will let your car sink even more compare to those aftermarket absorbers.

What i did to my gf's picanto was, using lowered springs + custom made to order absorbers where the damping rate is 60% higher than stock. It works fine with me.. not too bouncy and not too soft when taking high speed corners.. unless you opt for fully adjustable..just my 2 cents of experience...:rolleyes:

l2s_turbo

1,000 RPM
Oct 23, 2004
60% stiffer? Mine only 25% already solid woh!
Yup, this is what they told me la.. so far so good.. maybe based on the picanto stock abs is different as the stock really vy soft.. before that i only use lowered springs, my stock abs died off like 3~4months..

carent9

Known Member
Dec 30, 2009
Selangor
Ya, i like the ride comfort from the springs.. Feels great.. Might change the absorbers to Improve rears

---------- Post added 12-31-2011 at 12:15 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was 12-30-2011 at 11:45 PM ----------

For Eibach, you should use it for the comfort with lowered springs.. Otherwise, you can try the KYB hi lo adj..

g4i8y0t

1,000 RPM
Aug 5, 2010
Kedah
There are 2 possibly answer of bottoming out,
1st because Eibach springs are not that hard and the spring rate is much softer than others such as Tein, but it's a little bit stronger than stock just that it lowers your car with comfort.
2nd because the absorbers were also stock, so when you lowered your car, the car tends to sit lower than the original stock position, so when you carry 5 person's load, the car will sit lower and stock absorber will let your car sink even more compare to those aftermarket absorbers.

What i did to my gf's picanto was, using lowered springs + custom made to order absorbers where the damping rate is 60% higher than stock. It works fine with me.. not too bouncy and not too soft when taking high speed corners.. unless you opt for fully adjustable..just my 2 cents of experience...:rolleyes:
l2s_turbo, may I know what spring do you use in your gf's picanto? Where did you do the custom absorber and also what brand?

Last edited:
Apr 30, 2012
Selangor
ive just fitted my forte with Eibach pro-kit, i can say it improves the handling a lot, stiffens the ride a little but acceptable. makes my ride more garang too :P got it for rm1150 minus workmanship
Hi Megpan,

Could you please help telling me where to get Forte Eibach pro-kit?
I have been dying to get a set of those. The price seems reasonable too. :D
Thank you ya! :D

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Anyone ever tried using Koni FSD + Eibach Prokit?

Eibach Prokit giving you the agressive lower stance yet comfy and the Koni FSD comfy when not under pressure but hardens the more you pressure it (ie - like in a corner).

Best of both worlds!

xxixx

Known Member
Aug 3, 2006
planning to get one of his, hows the comfort?

Last edited:

aHLengChai

Known Member
Aug 21, 2006

200 does it refers to coil length or?

and if i change it to 220 something.. what will happenS?

madart

Apr 18, 2013
Queensland Aust
+1 for the Eibach Pro Kit. Also Kein H or S springs are good, and maybe cheaper in Malaysia?
The Eibach and Kein H will drop between 1 and 1.5 inches which is nice drop for getting rid of some of the wheel gap, but still driveable if you have rough roads. The Eiback Pro and Tein H are designed with the correct spring rates to work with stock (or aftermarket adjustable) shocks.
You MUST get the right spring rate for your specific car.
Both will improve your handing quite a lot, without sacrificing ride quality too much.
The spring rate HAS TO BE HIGHER to support the body weight of the car with lower springs, otherwise it will lose too much shock travel, and you will be riding on the bump stops. This is bad!

Tein S (sport) springs have a bigger drop (near 2 inches) and a a firmer spring again. Great handling for smooth roads but ride quality suffers a bit more.

The beauty of all these springs is that you get to use them while you are saving up for a good adjustable shock absorber.
Koni or Bilstein are the best.
Koni is made to work with your Eibach pro kit so you'll already have the springs.
Then you'll have the ability to dial in both your damping to suit and adjust your ride height more.
Konis have three or five spring perches (depending on the model) and will cut more if you want when you order them.
This gives as much as a four inch drop. They are, of course rebuildable and very reliable.

Jose

Known Member
Aug 3, 2006
Subang Jaya
what about eibach sportline ? anyone have experience using the spring ? thinking of replacing my coilovers with a set of bilstein and eibach spring. enough with harsh ride of coilovers :D