Choices of cars to buy?

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

RM100k and brand new car. Which one would you choose?

• VW Polo Sedan 1.6

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kia Forte 2.0

• Ford Focus Sedan 1.8

• Nissan Sylphy 2.0

• Toyota Vios 1.5

• Chery Eastar 2.0

• Mazda 2 Sedan

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
No la. You compare all the other cars in the same category they pretty much have the same of everything. ABS, EBD, Traction control, boot space, 1.8/2.0 cruisers, comfortable seats, airbags (some 2, some 4, some 6) and almost all have their flaws.

The only real thing that sticks out is the incredible leg room in the Sylphillis. Damn the name.. kills the excitement. LOL
Unless the only way to choose is to compare the Maintenance of the car? Power wise for a 1.8/2.0
is actually good enough for city driving, not going for a race or so. Mods can be done later on
that. :biggrin: Just in the blood to mod.

My bad....shouldn't have call it a Syphilis, if not you would have chosen it already :rofl:
But beyond my control not to mention it :laugh:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
How's your Mazda 2 sedan? How much was it? FC? Driveability? Space?
You will hate the shape of the Mazda 2 sedan :rofl: and space wise, u will still prefer syphilis.

---------- Post added at 11:23 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:20 AM ----------

If u r a fan of Honda, I would say Honda Civic :biggrin:

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
Oeai, after so many feedbacks, which car(s) on the list you test drove already

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
izso if u like the grand livina with impul bodykit go for it.....

---------- Post added at 12:50 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 12:49 PM ----------

but pls not the sylphy.....:biggrin:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
You will hate the shape of the Mazda 2 sedan :rofl: and space wise, u will still prefer syphilis.

---------- Post added at 11:23 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:20 AM ----------

If u r a fan of Honda, I would say Honda Civic :biggrin:
You're right. I don't fancy the looks of the Mazda 2 sedan. What a contrast with the hatchback! And no.. I think I mentioned it earlier - no like Civic.

izso if u like the grand livina with impul bodykit go for it.....

---------- Post added at 12:50 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 12:49 PM ----------

but pls not the sylphy.....:biggrin:
So you're not a fan of the sylphillis, why ah?

Oeai, after so many feedbacks, which car(s) on the list you test drove already
I've driven VW Polo Sedan for about 500m to 1km. It's quite firm but has the conti feel and interior NVH is quite good. Feels well built. Boot ok, rear legroom acceptable and the fact that everything inside is black or plush silver, that works really well with me. One thing is my wife says from far looks like the BLM.

Mazda 2 hatchback (assumably drives like the sedan?) drives very well and those 16" wheels on the car makes it look pretty nice. But I doubt the sedan uses 16" rims. Small as hell interior (not sure about sedan) and very expensive for the cheap interior. But drives damn well.

Nissan Sylphy feels like a luxury car, drives like a luxury car and probably can be considered to be one. Incredible rear legroom, a boot that's big enough to squeeze 3 of me in but is quite crappy to corner hard with. But that's not really an issue. Sucks that it uses drum rears.

Kia Forte 2.0 is a very gutsy car, interior is awesome and loses out to only the Sylphillis in rear legroom but it's still acceptable. A lot of negative feedback from owners and such so hesitent to consider this car.

Ford Focus Sedan is a tank on the road. I cannot estimate how big this car is and the inside makes me feel small in it. It's big, it's plush and it goes pretty well. Too big, wife doesn't approve since she has to be able to drive it too.

Toyota Vios G is quite ok as well. Only issue I have with it is it loses its breath after 4k rpm when loaded. But that's just me nitpicking. Hate the center dash.

Nissan Ribena is actually quite ok as well. Just that the interior is dissapointingly small and feels as small as the Alza.

Chery Eastar is big, spacious, easy to drive and is surprisingly well kitted. But it's a Chery and that's enough to worry me on maintenance costs. The 2.4 was a failure and now this 2.0 is a supposed improvement over the old car. That worries me to no ends as well. But otherwise, this is actually the best option amongst the list. If it was a Honda/Nissan/Toyota I wouldn't even have posted this thread.

Having said all that - I have to point out that the only car here that I actually liked driving was the Polo Sedan. The others were ok but nothing like the Polo to wake up to in the morning and say "God damnn.. I have a Polo and I'm driving it to work today" with a smile on your face. The others are... erk... no.

So does that answer your question Ixeo?

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Yup, Mazda 2 Hatchback is nice, but Sedan, is like is being overstretched by force.
Just totally ugly especially u r looking at its rear.

Mazda 2 hatchback, just not suitable if it is a family car. If just for personal or someone
who is not married, then why not? Is fun to drive like you mentioned :biggrin:

Just test drive the Toyota Altis 1.8 bro :rofl: I think u will like it leh...haha!
If Vios is okay for you, Altis should be fine.

Is a bit over RM100K extra RM10K though for the 1.8L. 2.0L is just way over your budget.
Can consider getting a Jetta with extra around RM15K if were to go for 2.0L Altis.

Test drive first then see what you think.

From your conclusion, I think you prefer the Polo Sedan, if it is so, if you do not want to
have any more considerations.

Then just narrow down your choices to either the Nissan Syphilis or Polo Sedan
(is still a VW even though your wife thinks it looks like BLM)

Looks better than BLM at least, drives better too. :smile:

Last edited:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Yup, Mazda 2 Hatchback is nice, but Sedan, is like is being overstretched by force.
Just totally ugly especially u r looking at its rear.

Mazda 2 hatchback, just not suitable if it is a family car. If just for personal or someone
who is not married, then why not? Is fun to drive like you mentioned :biggrin:

Just test drive the Toyota Altis 1.8 bro :rofl: I think u will like it leh...haha!
If Vios is okay for you, Altis should be fine.

Is a bit over RM100K extra RM10K though for the 1.8L. 2.0L is just way over your budget.
Can consider getting a Jetta with extra around RM15K if were to go for 2.0L Altis.

Test drive first then see what you think.

From your conclusion, I think you prefer the Polo Sedan, if it is so, if you do not want to
have any more considerations.

Yeah I actually do plan on testing out the 1.8 Altis. Like you said the 2.0 is outta my budget range. Will test it and see. But right now my short listed candidates are the Polo and Syphillis only.

i personally like the jetta thought.
izso...y not save up $$$ for another year then get your dream car.....
Dream car? My dream car requires more than one year to save up for la kawan. How many years do I need to save up for a Koenigsegg CCRX? Oh wait.. you mean family car? I don't have a 'dream' family car. It's just a car. :biggrin:

kcng

500 RPM
Jun 24, 2008
Selangor
kcng1983.blogspot.com
izso, to follow up on DanzEterna,

make sure u come this sunday...
:biggrin:

guaranteed u wont sleep well after that...

save up one more year and u are ready for it

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Yeah I actually do plan on testing out the 1.8 Altis. Like you said the 2.0 is outta my budget range. Will test it and see. But right now my short listed candidates are the Polo and Syphillis only.

Dream car? My dream car requires more than one year to save up for la kawan. How many years do I need to save up for a Koenigsegg CCRX? Oh wait.. you mean family car? I don't have a 'dream' family car. It's just a car. :biggrin:
Wah! Hornysex as dream car...! Is like wanting a Lexus LF-A or Mclaren mp4-12c. Good Choice!
Well dream car what! Mine is Ford Mustang Shelby GT500 :biggrin:

Test liao then share your feedback here :biggrin:

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
So does that answer your question Ixeo?
It answers my question, but it seems you're still at crossroads on which to go for. :rofl:

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya

Oh! you already have a VW look alike......:hmmmm::rofl:

Bro. Izso still scratching his head......:biggrin:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
izso, to follow up on DanzEterna,

make sure u come this sunday...

guaranteed u wont sleep well after that...

save up one more year and u are ready for it
Uh... Saturday la taiko. I'm going Saturday. And if you're thinking of poisoning me with a Jetta forget it. I'm not a fan of even the Passat CC. GTI is not bad but these cars are all kinda erm... I don't know how to describe it. Just not my cup of tea. Great cars no doubt, but doesn't make me wake up and oogle. The Polo Sedan isn't an exception. Just that compared to the rest of the selection it's that much more exciting.

It answers my question, but it seems you're still at crossroads on which to go for. :rofl:
Sigh. The biggest issue I have seriously speaking is choosing one that is my wife-friendly. Gonna go car testing this Sat after I get my suspension done for my Hero.

izso...yeah my dream family car would be a camry or mazda 6. ...1 generation before the new model....but dunno when can afford it..
The new Maz6 is pretty amazing to look at. But damn the size of the thing is monstrous. Gotta love that gaping nose too. RM160k+ right? Aiya.. I'm sure you can afford. Look at all the money you've spent on your Perdana man. You're just choosing not to give up you're hero.

---------- Post added at 10:35 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:33 PM ----------

Wah! Hornysex as dream car...! Is like wanting a Lexus LF-A or Mclaren mp4-12c. Good Choice!
Well dream car what! Mine is Ford Mustang Shelby GT500 :biggrin:

Test liao then share your feedback here :biggrin:
Compared to the LFA and MP4-12C, I think it's the cheaper alternative and way more exotic. No to mention completely mental.. 7ft wide will be very interesting to see on normal traffic. Mustangs are cool. But having seen that many in Houston back when I was there, it didn't really seem cooler compared to the Camaros and Vipers. Gawd the Vipers. Oooffff... shiok.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
So then go for the Polo, seems you like it the most already.
6ue5t dude, I think you're married right? Does your wife drive? If not then I understand why you so easily managed to buy that MarkX. If she does, then either she's a very experienced driver or a car enthusiast. My wife is neither. So she has the final say in the car decision making and right now it's not looking like the Polo is high on her list.

Well like i said we're going car window shopping this saturday, in particular the Altis SupFan suggested so we'll see how it goes.

I probably should close this thread until then and then post something up when I actually make payment for a car. :biggrin:

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Uh... Saturday la taiko. I'm going Saturday. And if you're thinking of poisoning me with a Jetta forget it. I'm not a fan of even the Passat CC. GTI is not bad but these cars are all kinda erm... I don't know how to describe it. Just not my cup of tea. Great cars no doubt, but doesn't make me wake up and oogle. The Polo Sedan isn't an exception. Just that compared to the rest of the selection it's that much more exciting.

Sigh. The biggest issue I have seriously speaking is choosing one that is my wife-friendly. Gonna go car testing this Sat after I get my suspension done for my Hero.
Golf Mk7, Golf Mk7......:biggrin:

My friend about 2 years ago was talking to me about buying new car for his wife. See this, test that until now still have not bought.....:rofl:

Status
Not open for further replies.

A Post Every 5 Mins

hi all,

my proton wira went missing today (21/06) at Taman Paramount , PJ. Near the LRT station, parked near the basketball court.

1. WDE 9803
2. White colour wira sedan 1.8 turbo
3. Huge black GT wing spoiler (will leave holes if removed)
4. Big and low front Evo 3 bumper
5. Bonnet pins (will leave holes if removed)

Reward:
1. RM1000 for information leading to the recovery of intact vehicle
2. RM2000 for outright return of intact vehicle.

Soo 016 3908109
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience